Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 A Sad Day for Christian Music

[b]A Sad Day for Christian Music[/b]

From www.rayboltz.com:
A few years ago I made the decision to retire from contemporary Christian music. I had won awards, performed in front of thousands of people, and sold millions of records. Still, I believed that if people knew who I really was, I would never be accepted. During the last few years I've learned that there are many people who feel the same way I did. One church in particular has helped me in many ways. The Metropolitan Community Church (www.mccchurch.org) was started forty years ago by Rev. Troy Perry in the Los Angeles area and has an outreach to the LGTB (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) community. I am happy to announce that I have accepted an invitation to perform at two of their churches. On September 14th, I will be singing at the Jesus Metropolitan Community Church (www.jesusmcc.org) in Indianapolis at 6:00p.m. On September 21st, I'll be singing at the Metropolitan Community Church of Washington, D.C. (www.mccdc.com) at 3:00p.m.

From Right Celebrity:
It is no longer a secret, gospel singer Ray Boltz has publicly come out and announced that he is gay. Boltz told the Washington Blade that he was “tired of living a lie“. On December 26, 2004, the same day the tsunami hit, he told his family that he was gay. He tried to deny his feelings even while growing up and thought that becoming Christian was a way to deal with it. He and his ex-wife Carol were married for 33 years, and together they had four children. But for Boltz, the charade of playing straight led him to become depressed and he sought therapy. He took anti-depressants and at one point had become suicidal.

2009/1/2 15:50Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re: A Sad Day for Christian Music

Did you see the song that he is displaying on his site. He is singing a song that basically compares the modern Christian stand against sodomy to some past religious claims against interracial marriage.

Quote:
SONG LYRICS: “Don’t Tell Me Who To Love”

written by Ray Boltz (c) 2008 Shepherd Boy Music/ASCAP

VERSE ONE

The year was 1966 and they were wearing their wedding bands

She was black and he was white and some people didn’t understand

The judge said that’s not legal, the preacher called it a sin

But they couldn’t stop them cause he loved her and she loved him

CHORUS

Don’t tell me who to love, don’t tell me who to kiss

Don’t tell me that there’s something wrong because I feel like this

I know what’s in my heart, that should be enough

Don’t tell me, don’t tell me no, don’t tell me who to love

VERSE TWO

Maybe you’re in love today and you’ve been making wedding plans

But there is someone in your way shouting things cause they don’t understand

The judge says that’s not legal, the preacher calls it a sin

Oh you just remember they were wrong before and they’re wrong again

REPEAT CHORUS

BRIDGE

Now there always will be hatred and voices that condemn

Oh but I believe that true love is gonna make it in the end

REPEAT CHORUS (fade)

It is truly sad that he rode waves of high popularity in "Christian Music" and that now he is fighting Biblical Christianity from his seat of high popularity.

He is now building again those things that he destroyed:

Galatians 2:16  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
17  But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
18  For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
19  For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

If Christ ever lived in Ray Boltz at some time in the past, He obviously doesn't now.

2009/1/2 17:03Profile
HeartSong

Re:

We choose that which we will love.
And that becomes our truth
- even if it is a lie.

But think what we will,
there is only One Truth.
And there is only One Way.

2009/1/2 17:28Profile
JEFFREYB

I think he should stay away from these anti depressent, they make you run around the house like a chicken without a head.

2009/1/2 17:41Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

When I first heard this news it was one of the most vexing things I ever heard. His music was a great inspiration when I was a young Christian.

2009/1/2 19:32Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Several years ago "Christianity Today" magazine had a feature article dealing with modern Christian music. The writer made a comment to a producer that it must be very inspiring to work with so many Christian artists...he replied that he did not know of any who were Christians...(Maybe one day when I have time I will see if I can dig out that article - I have an egg crate full of back issues of CT magazines...couldn't bear to throw them away.)

Reckon the fellow was more right then we want to admit...

ginnyrose

2009/1/2 21:58Profile
dohzman

Re:

Some years back in the 90's, Canton used to have alot of christian artists come in to the palace to perform, the fire marshall here (he's not a christian), made a comment that Carmen and his team was the only real christian group he ever saw there. Thier reverance and conduct so impressed him that he became open to the christian witness. So who knows? Judge nothing before the time.

2009/1/2 22:37Profile
rbanks

Re:

Quote:

RobertW wrote:
When I first heard this news it was one of the most vexing things I ever heard. His music was a great inspiration when I was a young Christian.

Hey RobertW,

I didn't realize you were so old :-P

No, it really is sad that after all those inspiring songs that he sang, he has gone to the unnatural affection of loving that that God hates. Worshipping the creatures sin instead of the creator, who is holy.

Grace to all!

2009/1/2 22:42Profile
TroyorTakoda

Wow I had no idea about that. He did some music for one of our state youth conventions many years ago. Yes I have heard about that church, and yes I very much agree about the anti-depressants because I know about that from experience and from the experience of a few friends of mine that they can make someone ten times worse if misdiagnosed, and illnesses of that sort are very often misdiagnosed. Say what they will, but the only even semi-conclusive evidence for that type of lifestyle being genetic even a little bit was the Kinsey report, and that was proven to be a scam. Lifestyle is a choice, skin color is not, and I think it degrades the civil rights movement to compare a chosen lifestyle with skin color.

2009/1/3 7:39Profile
psalm1

Re:

thank you Jesus for the remnant.

The real gospel is rarely preached.

That little roadblock called dying is so outdated.

2009/1/3 10:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy