PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!

[i]"Prepare for Persecution."[/i]

[i]"Ask God to show you if it is the end times."[/i]

[i]"Read revelation more consistently"[/i]

----

These are a few thoughts in my new year of 2009.

2009/1/1 1:20Profile

Re: 2009

Amen, things are really heating up in the middle east! Jesus is coming soon! Praise God. I'm so looking forward to his return.War is getting ready to break out in Isreal. We need to pray. Take a look at this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1102843/We-fight-bitter-end-Israel-poised-invade-Gaza-war-Hamas.html

2009/1/1 3:39
HeartSong

Quote:
These are a few thoughts in my new year of 2009.

Denny Kenaston, in his series of sermons on the Divine Attributes of God, mentioned something on the order of "there is believing, and there is believing."

This is something that I pray the Lord will make even clearer to me in 2009 - that I may fully believe in all that He has promised and all that He is - that I may become fully obedient in all that He desires.

2009/1/1 5:40Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

As Jesus' hour drew near for Him to be offered;
He desired that His own disciples watch, wait,
and pray with Him for the power to endure and
prevail. A word to us who call ourselves by
His Name as well!!

2009/1/1 10:38Profile

I pray, that as we consider the coming year, that no matter what our thoughts are, no matter what the reality on the ground is, that it will be each and everyone's desire to "walk with the Lord." Let us walk with Him this year, let us determine in our hearts, despite all of the many problems that face the Church and the world, that we, individually, will walk close with Him. That our hearts desire will be to walk close with Him and the closer that we walk with Him, the greater our love will increase, for our brothers and sisters in Christ, for the world and for those who hate us. Let love arise in our hearts this year and let our hearts burn within us. For it is this fire in our hearts, it is this love that burns at the core of who we are that is the greatest weapon against the enemy of our souls. It sends ten thousand to flight, it destroys strongholds, it decimates the enemy of our soul. To this love the enemy has no answer, this supernatural love that flows like a mighty river from the throne of God , through our hearts and through our bellies and out into the world healing everything that it touches. To those who are confused as to their calling, may they know that they have been called to walk with God, first and foremost, and that they will discover their calling as they continually walk with Him............brother Frank

2009/1/1 12:59
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

2009: To live is Christ and to die is gain!

:-)

2009/1/1 13:50Profile

Re:

Two thoughts...

[b]The surety of His word[/b]

From the life of David Livingstone:
"He will keep His word, the Gracious One, full of grace and truth; no doubt of it. He will keep His word, and it will be all right. Doubt is here inadmissable, surely!" David Livingstone

His text that he held onto was, "All power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, and [i]lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world."[/i]
And in regards to that text he said, [i]"It is the word of a gentleman of the most strict and sacred honour, so there's an end of it!"[/i]

[b]The shortness of time for the work of the ministry [/b]

"17And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and [b]the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day. [/b]
19And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, [b]when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.[/b]
21To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, [b]when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth."[/b] Isaiah 2

These verses reminded me of a statement from an old neighbor of my family, he is in his eighties and soaks himself in the Word. He expressed a desire, "I'd kinda like to be around when God calls this world to a halt, just to see what all these nations will say." (that is the quote as I remember it)

Those verses and that memory led to a fresh realization of how short our days are here on earth, not just our normal life span, but most likely, the days are very short before the Lord does come to shake terribly the earth. Two great works came to my mind that need to be done, first the reviving work of the Holy Spirit in the Bride of Christ; and secondly, the work of sharing the Gospel with those still in the bondage of sin.

This has long been a favorite motto of mine, and the Lord has brought it to the forefront again for me for this year:

"Only one life, 'twill soon be past, Only what's done for Christ will last. And when I am dying, how happy I'll be, if the lamp of my light has burned out for thee."

With my eyes on Christ,
Joy

2009/1/1 18:29
growingholly

Re:

oh, how i have missed this. amen.

2009/1/2 16:27Profile
jiyouk

Re:

Amen brother Frank.
May I just add (which I know by your devotion for Jesus that you'll agree) that this walking with Jesus will end up, as you said, in the loving of brothers and sisters and souls. So in the end, this walking of Jesus takes us to missions in whatever form it may take.

I have great expectations for the year 2009.
The Korean church is following the path towards death of it's spiritual mother, that is the American church.
Paul said that None of us live for ourselves, but that whether we die or live we life for christ.
Saddest thing I see in the American church is is the inability of the most American Christians to discern the difference between ambition and vision. The most passionate Christians, that is the missionaries (about 20 American missionaires that I've known as my friends parents) or other "passionate for Christ" guys seem to have such deep love for Jesus, but the very strange thing is that one,
they lack the deep repentance of themselves (I'm a sinner go away from me)
two,
and maybe as the effect of that, they don't know the mourning of Jesus toward the lost so don't take up the cross and live their lives just as they want to.
Some will say,
"Hey God has given me this and that as a blessing. Why do you think we should not accept them?"
Of course we should accept them. But where is the concentration on? Toward the lost or yourself? It's not sacrificing anything for Jesus. Rather it is an abundant life of love that you enjoy because he loves you and you can freely evangelize others with joy.

But anyway, sorry guys for being carried away, but yeah,
the Korean church is pretty much the same.
In fact, if I said the same thing about the Korean church, it wouldn't be too wrong.

So we believe in Jesus, but our values are of this world, we are still concentrated on me, which is the very thing that Jesus was trying to kill on the cross (I have been crucified).
But this has changed a lot in our church in 2008.
Our young adult members, through prayers of some brothers and sisters, have mostly all dedicated their lives toward Jesus and have mostly decided to live a life as a missionary. Our church is only a 120 and the young adults are only about 40 people, but it was great prayer request for me in the year of 2008.
One of the years which I can look back and praise Jesus with my whole heart and say "Father, you've changed them! You have worked in us!!"
So it was a great year.
Now with this sole dedication toward Jesus and walking with Him without any leaway in our hearts for idols, I'm very looking forward to what Jesus is going to do this year. I know that we will all have to live by faith, and faith alone.. so it exites me as well. Many of us will go to Iran for sure (there are already 6 brothers that we've sent) and many hope to go to Palestine Yemen, or chechen.

THe Lord is working in Korea. Not only because of the changes happening in our church, but becuase I see other relatively big organizations that still have that passionate and compassionate heart Jesus had. And I pray with tears that it will not fall like the American church.. (I'm very sure that there are still many "alive" american churches. Don't get me wrong. I'm just talking about the majority.)

Till the day comes..
May he come quickly as all nations hear the overwhelming news of Jesus Christ our savior!!
Amen Lord. Maranatha!

2009/1/4 22:34Profile

Re:

Amen brother for the changes in your church and its desire to send missionaries to some of the hardest places on the planet. If one focuses on Jesus, yes one will have an abundant life, but probably this abundant life will take place in the very midst of trials and tribulations. An abundant life consists of joy and peace, a peace that surpasses all understanding. You can find this peace in believers from all corners of the globe, there is no correlation between this abundant life and material wealth. In fact, we probably see the opposite. The more a man gains materially, the more snares he falls foul of. Those who have to depend upon God the most, know Him the deepest. And to "know," Him deeper, means a deeper sense of His love, His joy, His grace, His forgiveness and His faithfulness. This was the spirutal secret of Hudson Taylor.

As for the "American church." I have no idea where they will end up. I pray for them because I love them. It breaks my heart to see the results of their own efforts. Brother Yun was amazed at what could be achieved in the American church..................without the Holy Spirit. Pray for the churches of America brother. It is still in them to have an enormous impact for good around the world. If they would discover their identity in Christ, and Him alone, what a power would be unleashed........brother Frank

2009/1/5 0:09

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy