SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : ISRAEL at WAR!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee."
- Psalm 122:6 (KJV)

"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
May those who love you be secure."
- Psalm 122:6 (NIV)

:-)

2009/1/7 10:35Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

How about we pray that terrorists would stop shooting rockets into Israel. Or that they would denounce the total destrustion of Israel? Or what about praying for safety for the people and children in Israel being terrified by the constent attacks? Or how about we stand with Israel instead of against Israel, unlike most every other nation on Earth.

Everything that is happening in Israel will turn for God's glory. I stand with the Lord.

2009/1/7 11:49Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Amen to Psalm 83 and Chris and Micah. edited

2009/1/7 12:28Profile
savannah

Re: 'peace be on them'

Joh 17:9,10 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

Rev. 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev. 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Gal. 4:22-26 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels

Rom 2:28,29 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Gal 3:28 & Col 3:11 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Gal 6:14-16 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Exo 4:22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn

Christ Himself is God's Israel and all those who are in Him.

Christ is His Beloved, Only Begotten Firstborn Son. Matt. 3:17, Mark 1:11, Mark 9:7, 2 Pet. 1:17

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

It has been and is, Christ and those in Christ from Genesis to the Revelation of Jesus Christ.

Gal. 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

1 Pet. 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light

1 Cor. 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

1 John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

2009/1/7 13:47Profile

Re:

Quote:

Miccah wrote:
How about we pray that terrorists would stop shooting rockets into Israel. Or that they would denounce the total destrustion of Israel? Or what about praying for safety for the people and children in Israel being terrified by the constent attacks? Or how about we stand with Israel instead of against Israel, unlike most every other nation on Earth.

Everything that is happening in Israel will turn for God's glory. I stand with the Lord.

Amen.

About five months ago I was standing on the edge of the Mediterranean at a beach near Ashdod, Israel. Ashdod is one of the cities that Hamas has been firing rockets into. And a few days before we went to the Mediterranean we visited an IDF tank base. And now some of those soldiers that we met are out there fighting to protect Israelis who live in cities like Ashdod. And a Christian Jewish guy who gave the use of his apartment for my brother and some other guys while we were in Rehovot, he is also out there, risking his life to protect Israel.

On my first Shabbat in Israel we met and fellowshipped with other believers on a kibbutz (community farm), and just outside the building we met was a bomb shelter, ready to provide protection in case of an attack. We went through Tiberius and saw the damage from the attacks from Hezbollah a couple years ago. We would drive through towns and see bomb shelters between apartment complexes.

This is the reality of Israeli life.

I never rode a bus, but I walked past them and thought about the many times that a suicide bomber has climbed on board, and been surrounded by Jewish women and children, and still detonated his deadly weapons and wrought horrific destruction.

And yet these people keep living their lives. They have to. But there's always the possibility of terrorism.

A few years ago a documentary was produced on Islam and terrorism. If you've never studied Islam and their holy jihad, I recommend looking up this documentary on youtube. Here is the first part, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMLJJEDDDGc - warning, some of the images and videos played are quite graphic. But we need to be aware of these things when we consider the conflict in the Middle East. Also, this is a 'secular production', but it does have Christians on there like Walid Shoebat, who used to be a Palestinian terrorist.

And brother Troy, if you do read this post, I'm just sharing a bit of my heart on this topic as well as personal experience. I just received an email from Michael Brown that addresses anti-Gaza protests. I'm sharing it for you to consider and pray over.
http://voiceofrevolution.askdrbrown.org/2009/01/07/the-hollow-sound-of-anti-israel-protests/

The Muslims are a people who also need God. When I watched 'Obsession' I wept for the children who are being indoctrinated with such hate against other human beings. It's tragic, really tragic how deceived these people are. They need prayer, and Israel needs our prayer.

2009/1/7 14:45
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Troy I should hope this is merely a quote and not your stand:

Quote:
“Christians must (as a matter faith) pray for peace in the Middle East. Premillenialists must pray and work for World War III, so Armageddon will come. They cannot pray for peace.”

Because that is one of the most ludicrous statements I have read in a long time, not to mention, absolutely false. Premillenialists, post millenialists, or whatever label you want to tag on anyone who is a Christian would have to be insane to work for World War III. About the only people that are that insane are those of the most fanatical brand of Islam like the current president of Iran who believes that if enough chaos is created, their Mahdi will come and put everyone, including Jesus under his authority...a fool's dream.

The situation is this, for the Jews and for the Christians who are hated for the same reason by the same world and the same devil... because we represent the faithfulness of the Word of God:
Psalms 120:7 (NKJV) 7 I am for peace; But when I speak, they are for war.

And Savanah:
Quote:
Christ Himself is God's Israel and all those who are in Him.

You have quoted quite a few scriptures to attempt to prove, I suppose, replacement theology, but if you are correct then you have no assurance that God will honor His covenant with the "elect" that replaces those whom He supposedly has forsaken.

The context of the Whole Bible is definitely not in support of that theory and in fact Paul makes it clear in:

Romans 11:25 - 29 (NKJV) 25For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: “The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob; 27 For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins.” 28Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

God can and God will graft them in again, and that is precisely what the regathering and all the troubles are about. The end of their tribulations will be that they recognize Him whom they pierced.

Clint

2009/1/7 14:45Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Joy as always yours is a better post.

Thank you for the spirit of your post.

I am afraid mine does not come off nearly as well, but I assure my brothers that it is in godly concern as well that they not be deceived.

Clint

2009/1/7 14:49Profile
TroyorTakoda

Please delete all of my posts. I am leaving this site.

2009/1/7 14:50Profile

Re:

Quote:

broclint wrote:
Joy as always yours is a better post.

Thank you for the spirit of your post.

I am afraid mine does not come off nearly as well, but I assure my brothers that it is in godly concern as well that they not be deceived.

Clint

On the contrary, brother Clint! I've also been blessed by your posts and am grateful for your contributions on the topic. I just haven't time to do much posting and replying.

I'm trying to remember the name of the last featured sermon by Art Katz. I think it would be applicable to the current discussions on Israel. Does anyone remember the title of it?

2009/1/7 18:44
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Israel Reminds Foes That It Has Teeth

Quote:
This operation is an attempt to re-establish the perception that if you provoke or attack you are going to pay a disproportionate price.”

Is this fear not rooted in history? The seven-day war that was fought in 1967 (?) comes to my mind...

ginnyrose

2009/1/7 21:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy