SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : ISRAEL at WAR!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
IsaiahSix3

ISRAEL at WAR!

Just in the past week I have read both "The Late Great Planet Earth" and a book by John Hagee called "Jerusalem Countdown". Both of them spell out so clearly what will be going on with Israel in the "last days." So, what I'm seeing in the news right now is startling!

Does anyone have any thoughts or insights about this to share? I see that Israel is always made out (by the media) to be the bad guy, even though they put up with terrorism for years without reacting... defending themselves now is viewed by most of the world as aggression. One of the things both books pointed out is that the world is going to turn against Israel so that they will basically be on their own. I can see that happening soon.

2008/12/29 9:09Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: ISRAEL at WAR!

Rather than looking at books, even though they can be helpful, let's look at what scripture says.

In Matt 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21, it speaks about the abomination of desolation, or, as it says more specifically in Luke 21v20, 'But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near.'

When it says Jerusalem, I don't know if that refers just to Jerusalem itself, or the land of Israel as a whole.

But I guess it would be hard to surround the city and not get retaliation from the rest of the country.

Unless there is no 'rest of the country' left to retaliate.

But, however we view it, as Jesus said Himself 'But all this was done that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled...'

And yes, you are right, Israel is always made to look like the bad guy.

But then, they have always had enemies for one reason or another.

Either for God's correction for when they have forsaken Him, see Deut 27 and 28, or simply because they are God's people.

That's enough from me.

2008/12/29 9:31Profile
Kolombian

Colombia

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=23567

Here i post a link to one message of Art Katz, a jewish preacher who God used to talk about Israel situation and how it is a reflect of our modern Christianity. You should take a look to this short message, and will be good also that you read more about what God says about, through brother Katz preachings.
Hope it will be of much clarity to you,
Lovingly
Karen

2008/12/29 10:02Profile
davym

Re:

More war. Man's inhumanity towards man. Satan destroying the hearts of men for eternity.

The current situation in Gaza is the result of simmerings for a number of weeks. As I see it, Iran are the instigators here. It is they who fund and supply the majority of weapons to Hamas i.e. rockets that are fired out of Gaza into nearby Israeli towns.

Hamas have complete sway in Gaza and the sad thing is that they were elected. It must be remembered though that the Palestinian people are taught to hate Israel from birth. They don't realise that Hamas simply uses them to forward it's agenda of getting rid of Israel. The constant anti-Israeli propaganda mixed with Islamic fundamentalism serves to entrench hatred and maintain Hamas' hold on the territory.

Iran in turn simply uses Hamas to further its own deeper anti-semitic ideology. Unsettling the Israel-Palestinian conflict works in their favour as it takes the eyes of the West off their ongoing nuclear programme. The credit crunch has no doubt weakened the West also, making a US invasion of Iran extremely unlikely.

Russia is also spouting anti-West rhetoric and supplying weapons to Iran. Putin has already amended the Russian constitution so that he can return to power and rule for a period of up to 12 years! Let's not forget that he controls most of Europe's gas supplies.

It's all one big picture which corresponds with Biblical prophecy although it remains to be seen how things will eventually play out.

What a joy to be saved and to be able to rest in Christ remembering that God is in control of all. We must draw close to Him and pray for all those caught up in conflict.

2008/12/29 10:53Profile

Israel Reminds Foes That It Has Teeth

)part of article)
Mark Heller, a senior researcher at the Institute for National Security Studies at Tel Aviv University, said that that energy reflected the deep feeling among average Israelis that the country had to regain its deterrent capacity.

“There has been a nagging sense of uncertainty in the last couple years of whether anyone is really afraid of Israel anymore,” he said. “The concern is that in the past — perhaps a mythical past — people didn’t mess with Israel because they were afraid of the consequences. Now the region is filled with provocative rhetoric about Israel the paper tiger. This operation is an attempt to re-establish the perception that if you provoke or attack you are going to pay a disproportionate price.”

[url=http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/29/world/middleeast/29assess.html?_r=1&hp]Complete article[/url]

2008/12/29 11:25
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Israel has not known real and lasting peace since it was first recognized as a nation in the 40's. The environment has always been hostile. I would caution reading too much into it especially through Lindsey and Hagee's materials. Lindsey has gone to great lengths to keep us on a cliff hanger thinking the world was about to end as we know it for decades.

We should stay focused on our own homes and churches, etc. There is little other than prayer we can do for the mideast. Lots of things are at play here. There are Christians also in Gaza we need to pray for.

[color=000066]First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (I Timothy 2)[/color]

2008/12/29 11:53Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Isaiah 62:6 On your walls, O Jerusalem, I have appointed watchmen; All day and all night they will never keep silent. You who remind the LORD, take no rest for yourselves; 7 And give Him no rest until He establishes And makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth.

All these events are ultimately happening and will continue to happen until this word be fulfilled.

2008/12/29 12:11Profile
IsaiahSix3

Re:

What has frightened me during the study of Islam is learning the depths of EVIL in which Islam is rooted. I really never understood how much (or WHY) they hate us until now. They are so deceived and so full of hate and murder. It is just scary... a very, very scary world we are living in right now. I don't understand it all, but it just FEELS prophetic to me. I have a sense that we are going to see something happen with this current Israeli/Gaza conflict soon that will clearly fulfull some of these prophecies about Israel in the last days.... that all Christians are going to see it happening and know what it really means.

2008/12/29 22:30Profile
TroyorTakoda

2009/1/7 9:09Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Psalm 83

2009/1/7 10:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy