SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Do you "know," Jesus or do you know about HIm?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Hi Christine. I am glad that you got a confirmation from the woman of God about that Scripture. This is one of the great truths of Scripture, that we belong to Him and in the palm of His hand we dwell, despite the whispers from the enemy to the contrary. That story was one of the many testimonies of Gods grace in my life. Just one story in the great adventure of serving God. I have found Him to be faithful and true and never more so than in the very midst of extreme circumstances. At the very hieght of my chronic illness, I was so close to Him. Depeneding on HIm for every breath that I took, I wrote this poem, trying to describe what His sufficient grace felt like.........

I have been to a glorious land
That is far beyond what I had planned
Beyond this world and all it’s dreams
That lies in the shadow of His Holy wings

I followed Him and we took flight
And He carried me on beyond the night
Through a Vail of darkness , pain and fear
My sweet Jesus was oh so near

Majesty , glory, praise to our King
There are no words that I can sing
That would fully express what He is to me
As He carried me across a majestic sea

Mountainous waves rose up to fight
Yet in His hand I was held so tight
Farther, farther, farther along
In an ocean of praise , and on the wings of a song

He took me to the promised land
And I lay down in the palm of His Hand
At the top of the mountain, at the bottom of the sea
in the darkest dungeon, no matter, for I am free

This freedom Christine goes beyond our circumstances as you are no doubt experiencing. When we can rejoice, like Paul, in the depths of the dungeons, then chains fall off and prison doors are open and to God be the glory. To be abandoned to God with our very lives brings us into the closest contact with Him, and leaves us hungry for more of Him, longing for the day that we join Him fulll and are never separated agian.....Frank

2009/1/14 23:21

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy