SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Vision Forum's Liquidation Sale

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Vision Forum's Liquidation Sale

Just thought I would let you know that Vision Forum is having a year-end liquidation sale and it ends on Dec. 31st. :-) 30-70% off more than 250 items.

http://www.visionforum.com/

2008/12/28 18:44
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Vision Forum's Liquidation Sale

I think this is the best thing to get from the sale:

[img]http://www.visionforum.com/resources/images/product/55442_m.jpg[/img]

[b]Missionary Patriarch: The True Story of John G. Paton[/b]
http://www.visionforum.com/boysadventure/productdetail.aspx?categoryid=76&page=3&productid=55442

[b]only $10.80 [/b]

Author: John G. Paton
Format: Hardback (524 pages)
Product Number: 55442
Evangelist for Jesus Christ Among the South Sea Cannibals

Some of the defining issues of our day include the dearth of men, the loss of fatherhood, and the complete absence of multi-generational vision on the part of families. Since beginning Vision Forum, we have made it our goal to urge fathers to turn their hearts to home and to rise up with courage to address the issues of the age. When I share this message before an audience, I usually begin by quoting at length an autobiographical account, penned by John G. Paton in the 19th century, describing how his father’s love and training prepared him to endure bitter hardship, to persevere against unspeakably difficult circumstances, and to resist sin. This may be the most important narrative of missionary work you will ever read. The book touched me on the deepest level and has become an important part of my life and personal vision. We have republished it because it contains the finest testimony of multi-generational love and devotion between a father and son that I have ever read outside the Scriptures. Paton, a descendant of the Scottish Covenanters, was able to love and lead to Christ the very people who tried to eat his wife and child. One of the most important books you will ever read to your children.

2008/12/28 19:00Profile

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:

http://www.visionforum.com/boysadventure/productdetail.aspx?categoryid=76&page=3&productid=55442

[b]only $10.80 [/b]

Some of the defining issues of our day include the dearth of men, the loss of fatherhood, and the complete absence of multi-generational vision on the part of families. Since beginning Vision Forum, we have made it our goal to urge fathers to turn their hearts to home and to rise up with courage to address the issues of the age. When I share this message before an audience, I usually begin by quoting at length an autobiographical account, penned by John G. Paton in the 19th century, describing how his father’s love and training prepared him to endure bitter hardship, to persevere against unspeakably difficult circumstances, and to resist sin. This may be the most important narrative of missionary work you will ever read. The book touched me on the deepest level and has become an important part of my life and personal vision. We have republished it because it contains the finest testimony of multi-generational love and devotion between a father and son that I have ever read outside the Scriptures. Paton, a descendant of the Scottish Covenanters, was able to love and lead to Christ the very people who tried to eat his wife and child. One of the most important books you will ever read to your children.

Wow! Thanks, I love autobiographies! This looks like a good one.

2008/12/28 19:09
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: Vision Forum's Liquidation Sale

Some recommendations:

Thoughts for Young Men

[img]http://www.visionforum.com/resources/images/product/52014_m.jpg[/img]

Author: J.C. Ryle
Format: Paperback (101 pages)

Product Number: 52014

If it was difficult to be a young man in the days of the nineteenth century when Ryle penned Thoughts for Young Men, it is all the more difficult to be a young man in the twenty-first century world of image overload, radical individualism, and rampant sensuality. Thanks be to God, the answers available for the boys of Ryle’s day remain every bit as potent for boys today. The reason, of course, is that these truths spring from an eternal font of life — the Word of God — which knows no historical boundaries.

The New-England Primer

[img]http://www.visionforum.com/resources/images/product/12755_m.jpg[/img]

The single most influential Christian textbook in history. Most scholars agree that most, if not all, of the Founding Fathers were taught to read and write using this volume which is unsurpassed to this day for its excellence of practical training and Christian worldview. First published in 1690, the goal of the Primer was to combine the study of the Bible with the alphabet, vocabulary, and the reading of prose and poetry. This is the book that introduced the children’s prayer, “Now I lay me down to sleep,” and which made the “Shorter Catechism” a staple of education for American children. More than five million copies were sold in the nineteenth century alone. Facsimile edition written with older modern-English characters authentic to the founding era.

History of the Reformation in the Sixteenth Century Oversized Edition

[img]http://www.visionforum.com/resources/images/product/82069_m.jpg[/img]

The defining historical event of the last five hundred years was the Reformation. The unsurpassed authority on the history of the Reformation was J.H. Merle d’Aubigné. Best known for his multi-volume history of the Reformation, d’Aubigné was without rival in popularity in the nineteenth century. Famed church historian Philip Schaff commented that d’Aubigné “had a wider circulation, at least in the English translations, than any other book on church history.” D’Aubigné’s thesis was powerful: The development of liberty in Western Civilization is inextricably linked to Reformation Christianity.

Throughout his writings, d’Aubigné emphasizes that the Reformation of the sixteenth century constitutes “the beginning of modern times.” In other words, it is the Reformation that signals the great watershed that divides the Middle Ages from the Modern Age. It is the Reformation that has determined the destiny and progress of the nations.

This beautifully-bound, oversize edition features d’Aubigné’s History of the Reformation in the Sixteenth Century with 212 intricate illustrations — making a wonderful gift or addition to your family library.

The Pilgrim's Progress

[img]http://www.visionforum.com/resources/images/product/29870_m.jpg[/img]

Next to the Bible, The Pilgrim’s Progress is the most widely distributed and popular book ever published. No Christian’s education is complete without a thorough acquaintance with Bunyan’s life-changing allegory. The simplicity, brilliance, and beauty of this timeless story has transformed untold lives. Now, The Pilgrim’s Progress is available in an exquisite family heirloom edition, reprinted in its entirety from a 125-year-old historical compilation. This classic tome has been painstakingly reproduced with the same look and beautiful feel of the original and includes such rare treasures as Bunyan’s memoirs, his last sermon, The Holy War, and over a dozen beautifully detailed artistic etchings. A massive, oversized, hardback edition.

2008/12/28 20:58Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Thanks! I just got three books: Patton's bio, Ballantyne's "Coral Island", and Stevensen's "Treasure Island." After months of Puritan theology books, I'm ready for some intervals of narrative!

I held back from getting some others that seemed really nice to have in the library, like the fine edition of Pilgrim's Progress. I'm slowly building a classic library to share with believers, with an emphasis on Puritan works. I don't pay for cable, and have few expenses, so each month I'm trying to buy a few more titles. So few have experienced these rich old books.

2008/12/28 23:19Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Thank you for this. Just made a post Christmas purchase for the family :-)

2008/12/28 23:30Profile

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:

[b]only $10.80 [/b]

I bought that book and plan to read it to my children. Thanks for the recommendation.

2008/12/29 7:47
theopenlife

Re:

Looks like we'll all be reading it this year.

2008/12/29 14:07Profile

Re:

Quote:

theopenlife wrote:
Looks like we'll all be reading it this year.

Amen, I have alot of reading I need to do.

Hosea 4:6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee....

How we need biblical teachers!

2008/12/29 14:30

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy