SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : i just lost my job

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
MJones

Missouri

Re:

I notice you're online. Hope I get this posted before you leave.

I am very sorry about your situation and I am praying as I said I would. There has been a lot of good words here. We all have our own perspective.

As you just said, it is a struggle to not doubt. Belive me I have been there. It is satan's goal in any hardship we face to destroy and steal our faith and trust. He is the father of lies. But God will speak too. As difficult and hopeless as our situations look, they have not backed God into a corner.

I am praying that He will lift you above satan's threats, that He would give you His peace and that He would provide what you need. He is very able.

Keep us posted.

Mike

2008/12/24 15:47Profile
TroyorTakoda

Re: Job

We're here to encourage you, because some of us have been through the same thing. I just quit a 16 year career, partially because of the current economy, and also because I believe God is now calling me to totally change the direction of my life. I'm now seeking some new direction for the new year. It's been a challenge being out of work for weeks now, but I'm reminded that God, and not man, is my provider, and if I seek first His kingdom, He will supply all my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Ephesians says that God raised Christ from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly place, far above the spiritual rulers of the darkness of this world, and has put all these things in subjection under His feet. And God has raised us up with Him, and made us to sit with Him in the heavenly place, in Christ Jesus.

So, spiritually speaking, you are exalted with Christ, and the devil is under your feet, which means that you are blessed indeed!

Isaiah 54:17 says that no weapon formed against us can prosper, so rejoice!

If we keep our confidence in God, we will never be disappointed, no matter how trying our current situation seems to be, we know that we will get through it.

2008/12/24 17:54Profile

Re: i just lost my job

If you have some sort of education after high school, Korea and many other countries are desperately seeking English teachers.

2008/12/26 7:39
ANewInHim

Re:

If I offended you in any way, please forgive me. I have learned through trials and tribulations to keep my trust in God….it (s) when we take our eyes of God and place them on man, that we not only let God down, because he is looking at our faith, but we let ourselves down, and we must learn to pick ourselves up as someone once taught me, he’s already provided. Our faith must take us to that place of expectation without complacency for complacency will only delay, but if you believe as you should, it won’t be long till God in his marvelous wisdom and miraculous ways will allow you to see your blessing.

2008/12/26 15:21Profile
bible1985

Re:

brother you our fine i was not offended, thank you for all your prayers, i have a confidence in finding a job right now that i didn't have before.

2008/12/26 21:05Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Quote:

bible1985 wrote:
brother you our fine i was not offended, thank you for all your prayers, i have a confidence in finding a job right now that i didn't have before.

First of all, I can't even find a previous post in this thread by ANewInHim, much less one that required an apology. Am I overlooking something.

Secondly, what you have experienced is exactly the difference God is able to make. Satan will tell you you are doomed. He will tell you God is out to punish you. But if we take time to listen to God, He is able to lift us above the lies. If you can learn that secret in your walk with God, it will be of incredible benefit to you.

I am glad for the help He has given you. I will keep praying that you will see even more evidence of His help. Thanks for sharing the positive. It is encouraging to those of us who are praying.

Mike

2008/12/26 22:42Profile
bible1985

Re:

Yah i undserstand so much what the word of God says but those feelings can be overwhelming to the point where you woant to believe them at times, i can't let that happen. Thanks brother

2008/12/27 4:10Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Quote:

bible1985 wrote:
but those feelings can be overwhelming to the point where you woant to believe them at times,

Satan has been at it a long time. He is very good. He will usually use the truth to support his lie. What he puts before us is incredibly logical and believable. To make it even more so, he has a way of making you think it is from God.

As a general rule, satan condemns while God convicts. If your thoughts are beating you into the dirt, that is not God. I have learned, through some intense testing over the past two years, the difference between God's and satan's voice. When I sense I am hearing satan's, I will turn to God giving Him the oportunity to speak His truth.

When I say He is able to lift us above satans attempts to destroy us, I say that, not only from a scriptural perspective, but as much a personal one. For where 1 Peter 5:8 says 'Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour', and 9 says 'Resist him, standing firm in the faith', I have personally experienced these attempts to destroy in enourgh of a connected sequence to learn how to be alert to them and a little self control as a result of them. But more importantly, I learned how to resist him and how to stand firm in the faith.

You don't do it so much by going toe to toe with satan, like I say, he is very good; you do it best by simply turning to God and giving Him the opportunity to speak His truth which dispells satan's lies.

When I said in my first post that I would pray against satan's attempts to destroy and for God to begin His restoration, that is where I was coming from. It is not the physical sense of distruction; it is mostly the psychological sense where through lies, satan is able to destroy our faith and trust. God is wanting to use the same situation to build our faith and trust. In too many cases, satan wins. We take the thoughts he has given us as truth and call it a done deal. It is all lies and God waits with truth for those who will press through to find it.

As I said yesterday, I appreciate the positive post and I am praying for satan to be stopped and for God to lift you and provide for you. Keep us informed.

2008/12/27 9:18Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

How are things going 'bible1985'? Haven't heard from you in a while and was wondering about you. Have been praying for you from time to time. If you catch this post, let us know how you're doing.

2009/1/3 1:58Profile
joeSOC

Melbourne Australia

Re: i just lost my job

Hi bro, Seems to me like you were fishing one day and enjoying the weather and suddenly your wishing rod was taking away due to some circumstances. Brother Thank God that fish are not taken away and its only your fishing rod was taking away. I believe it’s time to get a net forget the rod. With a Rod you may catch one fish, but with a net you can catch a whole lot. Learn a new skill; it’s never too late, something that will be easy on your spine. The Lord gives the Lord takes away [u]blessed be the name of the Lord. [/u] This is only a season, take heart and press on. The Lord will take care of you. Do not lose heart brother. I was in a similar situation. The Lord allowed it to happen to get my attention. He used my own poor choices to make me draw closer to him. The Lord is Good, All the time! There is tremendous power when a saint praises the Lord during difficult times. Do not miss out on praising him during this opportunity of a crisis. It might not be that exciting once the crisis is over.

Quote:
I live at my parents with my wife and she quit her job 2 weeks ago and walmart just let me go because i was a temp. My mom is really going to freak out on me and she has all year long, because now she is the only one working because my dad is retired and not looking enough for a job. I mean everything was going so good and then this happens, the demons in my life at times were fading big time and now look at this. I have a spine injury to put things a top of one another. I guess i don't have Gods blessing on me at all anymore, i feel as i have been cursed.

2009/1/3 4:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy