SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Feminism

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
JoanM

Re: Feminism

The reference to Hubris and the last paragraph of RebeccaF’s original post stood out to me.

I have debated for a while about posting this but the loss in the Body of Christ (and of course our nation) really needs addressing. The question is, "How"? We may have a small group of women in my fellowship led to pray together for the men in their life. Knowing God and what happens in prayer I am encouraged. So, something to consider for the record are the following:

I should say that do not follow Derek Prince, or take great interest in spiritual warfare, but I did find a lot to agree with, (biblical agreement) in his two-part message:[url=Women in the Church - Part 1 by Derek Prince; ]Women in the Church - Part 1 by Derek Prince; [/url]and [url=Women in the Church - Part 2 by Derek Prince.]Women in the Church - Part 2 by Derek Prince.[/url]

And his further thinking about women in [url=Witchcraft - Public Enemy #1 - Part 1 by Derek Prince; and ]Witchcraft - Public Enemy #1 - Part 1 by Derek Prince; [/url]and [url=Witchcraft - Public Enemy #1 - Part 2 by Derek Prince.]Witchcraft - Public Enemy #1 - Part 2 by Derek Prince.[/url]

These added a dimension to Denny Kenaston’s message “Where are the men?” [url= (Godly Home) Part 22 - Where are the Men ] (Godly Home) Part 22 - Where are the Men? [/url]

On the practical application of scripture side, I also found this Question and Answer by a pastor and wife remarkable. It was generated by a sermon series that distinguished between sisters that are walls verses sisters that are doors from SOS 8:9 - If she [be] a wall, we will build upon her a palace of silver: and if she [be] a door, we will inclose her with boards of cedar. It is preceded by a cartoon video. [url=http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/the-peasant-princess/greatest-hits-q-a]Link[/url]

I did not listen to the sermon series (archived as “The Peasant Princess”). This church is a growing church in a very godless community in Seattle.

Maybe I should add there are no doubt errors in all these offerings. The question is whether there is something useful and biblically true.

2008/12/30 4:57Profile

Re:

Quote:

JoanM wrote:
On the practical application of scripture side, I also found this Question and Answer by a pastor and wife remarkable. It was generated by a sermon series that distinguished between sisters that are walls verses sisters that are doors from SOS 8:9 - If she [be] a wall, we will build upon her a palace of silver: and if she [be] a door, we will inclose her with boards of cedar. It is preceded by a cartoon video. [url=http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/the-peasant-princess/greatest-hits-q-a]Link[/url]

I did not listen to the sermon series (archived as “The Peasant Princess”). This church is a growing church in a very godless community in Seattle.

Maybe I should add there are no doubt errors in all these offerings. The question is whether there is something useful and biblically true.

This is a great video. Thanks for posting this! I may comment more when I get home. :-)

2008/12/30 10:19
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Amen!

Quote:
[b][size=medium][color=CC0033][font=Verdana]Happiness as a goal is ellusive: it is the by-product of serving and living in obedience to God.[/font][/color][/size][/b]

Dear Sister ginnyrose,

This was a Red Letter post, I rate it 5 STARS!! Your "observation and opinion" echos mine.

After close to 34 years of marriage, (20 of which were spent living in various vans, buses and old campers - literally singing for our supper) my husband and I are welded into 'one' person who happens to be living in two bodies. Thank God, 5 years into our travels we were both saved. After that, although our life got tougher, our Faith got stronger. We can look back at some events we lived through and see how God used us to allow others to store up blessings in Heaven. Some things still are a mystery to us but we believe all things work to the good for those that love God.
Quote:
[b][color=0000FF]Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose[/color][/b]

That reminds me of a story that circulated in emails a while ago, the gist of it was - from the back of a tapestry it is unclear what all the threads depict, but looking at the front you can see what it is. Right now, while on Earth, we can only see the back of the marvelous tapestry God weaves with our lives (through a glass darkly). We look forward to the day we shall see be able to worship Him in person.

Excuse my rambling, I feel so much like sharing. . .
white stone

2008/12/30 10:58Profile

Re:

Quote:

JoanM wrote:
It is preceded by a cartoon video. [url=http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/the-peasant-princess/greatest-hits-q-a]Link[/url]

Verse often quoted in this video:

1 Timothy 5:8
But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

OUCH!!!

2008/12/31 9:42

Re:

I just wanted to say here that I think it is important for men especially to remember and know that just as many men as women have a feministic mindset. The majority of the men I know have wives that work and if you tried to tell them their wives should be home and quit thier job you would be ever-so grateful if you weren't at arms length when you said it--seriously! These men would rather kill you than have their money machine taken away. One man I work with has a wife that is in the pharmacutical business and makes ALOT of money, he reminds me of Elmer Fudd :-D . Everyone calls him Peter Pan because he works at most a 20 hour week and complains about it. They go on trips, live in a mansion and he loves it. He hates working and like the Cindy Lauper song he "just wants to have fun!"

So my point is feminism is not just something that women started. Also MOST PASTORS are feminists and have no problem with their wives preaching. If you want to do away with feminism in the church you have to go to the root of it.

2009/1/9 16:32
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

RebeccaF wrote:

Quote:

I just wanted to say here that I think it is important for men especially to remember and know that just as many men as women have a feministic mindset. The majority of the men I know have wives that work and if you tried to tell them their wives should be home and quit thier job you would be ever-so grateful if you weren't at arms length when you said it--seriously! These men would rather kill you than have their money machine taken away. One man I work with has a wife that is in the pharmacutical business and makes ALOT of money, he reminds me of Elmer Fudd :-D . Everyone calls him Peter Pan because he works at most a 20 hour week and complains about it. They go on trips, live in a mansion and he loves it. He hates working and like the Cindy Lauper song he "just wants to have fun!"

So my point is feminism is not just something that women started. Also MOST PASTORS are feminists and have no problem with their wives preaching. If you want to do away with feminism in the church you have to go to the root of it.

Great post Rebecca. This is very true.

2009/1/9 16:45Profile

Re:

Also, if a man wants his wife to work it doesn't mean he is a [i]feminist[/i]. Feminism is a teaching or a philosophy but just because you were brought up this way and were taught this or have a somewhat feministic lifestyle doesn't neccesarily make you a feminist. If that were true my husband and I would be feminists and were definately NOT.

2009/1/9 17:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy