SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : SATAN USES SUBTLE DEVICES

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HeartSong

SATAN USES SUBTLE DEVICES

“And the king of Assyria sent…Rabshakeh…to king Hezekiah with a great host against Jerusalem” (2 Kings 18:17). The Assyrians represent today’s “guides to prosperity.” The devil will parade his army around your walls: people who are powerful, beautiful and seemingly successful in all they undertake. When you see them, you will feel walled in like a prisoner!

The first trick of the man of sin is to question a believer’s commitment to trust the Lord fully. Rabshakeh, whose name means “drunken envoy,” was the king’s ambassador. He mocked the godly with a taunt (see 2 Kings 18:19–20). The accusation was, “God is not going to get you out of this mess. You are going down! You are in real trouble, and your faith is not going to work.”

Satan then adds another twist; he tells you that God is the one behind all your troubles. Assyria’s messenger claimed, “The Lord said to me, Go up against this land, and destroy it” (2 Kings 18:25). Satan will try to convince you that God is getting even with you, that he is mad at you. This is his slickest lie! He makes you believe God has forsaken you and turned you over to trouble and sorrow. He wants you to think all your problems are the result of God’s punishment for your past sins. Don’t believe it! It is Satan who is out to destroy you.

Our Lord is a deliverer, a fortress. Isaiah said he comes “to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified” (Isaiah 61:3).

No, dear saint, you are not going down. You are simply under attack, being barraged by the enemy’s lies because you have set your heart truly to trust in the Lord. Satan is trying to destroy your faith in God.

David Wilkerson Today
Daily Devotions
Friday, December 19, 2008

http://davidwilkersontoday.blogspot.com/

2008/12/19 16:58Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re: SATAN USES SUBTLE DEVICES

I overlooked this when it was first posted. It so closely paralelled a thought I had earlier this year, I had to add my thoughts. I conclude with a poem I wrote that captures what this is saying.

Satan does try to convince us our hardship is from God and that it is His intent in it to destroy us for our past sins. I was 6 months into the greatest financial hardship we had ever faced and just about the time I thought I had settled the issue that it was not from God, I made a bad decision to read Ezekiel.

What is Ezekiel about: God getting ready to destroy His people because of past sins. Satan had a hay day with that one. They believed God was going to save them. Ezekiel was telling them their faith was due to their own imagination.

That line rocked my world. Had my faith been a result of my own imagination? Satan did his best to convince me it was. After struggling with it for about a day, I decided to go to God to see if He could help me to see the truth; which He did.

They had and were living like hell. God was getting ready to wipe them out. I wasn't and had not been. God showed me a truth that lifted me above all that satan was doing. If your living like hell, God's word to you will be of repentence not promise. Their hope was their own imagination but mine was not.

A year and a half later, this truth has been and is presently being confirmed.

We are in a battle for our faith.

Quote:

HeartSong wrote:

Satan then adds another twist; he tells you that God is the one behind all your troubles.
Satan will try to convince you that God is getting even with you, that he is mad at you. This is his slickest lie! He makes you believe God has forsaken you and turned you over to trouble and sorrow. He wants you to think all your problems are the result of God’s punishment for your past sins. Don’t believe it! It is Satan who is out to destroy you.

Our Lord is a deliverer, a fortress.

No, dear saint, you are not going down. You are simply under attack, being barraged by the enemy’s lies because you have set your heart truly to trust in the Lord. Satan is trying to destroy your faith in God.

David Wilkerson Today
Daily Devotions
Friday, December 19, 2008

http://davidwilkersontoday.blogspot.com/

The Battle for Our Faith

Faith comes by hearing, but what words have you heard?
Have you heard satan’s lies, or the truth in God’s word?
Both voices will speak, our faith on the line;
which one will you choose to believe in this time?

My God sent a test, forewarned it would come;
a test of my trust, like no other one.
I sought Him for help, I asked for relief;
till one day He said, I’ll give you my peace.

Your not to ask for Me to provide.
I want you to trust and in Me confide.
I will sustain when it seems there’s no way.
Can you trust what I’ve told you day after day?

But satan speaks too to get his words in;
this is your doom because of your sin.
He’s given you chances over the years,
but this time it’s over; you’ll pay more than tears.

God tells us His truth. Satan counters with lies.
Each after our faith; each equally vies.
How do we focus on the truth that we hear,
with lies so compelling, filling our ear?

I’ll tell you a secret I’ve learned in my test.
It helps me to focus and stay in His rest.
When I sense he’s at work and speaking his lies,
I draw near to God and stay close to His side.

I know He has truth and is waiting to say,
He knows He’s my refuge and has strength for my day.
Our faith is restored by the One that we see.
Let God be your focus and in Him your faith be.

MJ

2008/12/20 16:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy