SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Abortion (another look)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
aeryck

United Kingdom

Abortion (another look)

In my early twenties, I watched a film by Dr Nathanson, dealing with the subject of abortion and for some years my passion was fueled by a magazine from Last Days Ministries. I think the circulation was cut some years ago, and I guess I just moved on to considering other aspects of life. Recently the subject has been drawing my attention and I must admit I felt a little silly at first, as if somehow I had lost sight of the seriousness of it all. After watching a recent video, well part of it, by Dr. Nathanson, the fire began to burn in my heart again. I have started reading some facts from a site by the same title, abortionfacts.com and was seriously alarmed when a pastor friend of mine first pointed out to me how diabolical this all is. Are you feeling this too, are you thinking about this too ? If so please share some of your thoughts and help me recapture the intensity for this.

Aercyk (Eric J. Sawyer)
http://jesusmusicaglobal.ning.com

2008/12/16 17:18Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Abortion (another look)

Eric,

I am not sure if anyone else can light the fire of passion within your heart to fight this unmitigated evil. It must come from within and be empowered by the Holy Spirit because you are up against evil at its worst.

I worked as a volunteer at a Crises Pregnancy Center for 15 years over a span of 18 years, perhaps. I took two breaks. Once when I was burned out and another time when I was tired. I quit a few years ago when I sensed the Holy Spirit telling me my time there is done. I did lay 'out a fleece' to confirm it and it was confirmed. (I told the LORD if he is really asking this of me that I would get no calls, no clients for one month and I didn't.)

Eric, people have gotten weary of opposing AB in a formal way. Do you know that most CPC volunteers last only a few years because of burnout? This should tell you something. The movement need fresh blood but be warned positive results are slow coming.

There is an American, David Bereit, who is leading a pro-life movement and you may wish to check out his website. He maintains a blog on this one: http://40daysforlife.com/blog/?p=177. Personally, I would not consider Randell Terry a worthwhile person to listen to. He has a lot of rhetoric but his personal life leaves a lot to be desired.

Another thing about cancer and AB. Many have pointed out the link between breast cancer and Abortion but the cancer research industry denies it. Yet the experts say the number of cancer victims is rising. Now go figure.

This is something you will need to take up with the LORD in how you will fight it. You can start by teaching moral purity in all its forms because impurity fuels the abortion industry. If all religious groups would demand their people to be morally pure it would put a lot of AB clinics out of business!

BTW, have you read Dr. Bernard Nathansons' book "The Hand of God"? It is a worthwhile read and a difficult one as well. What makes it difficult is that it was written by an intellectual for intellectuals. He chronicles his journey from being a promoter for the AB industry to becoming a pro-lifer. When I finished reading it I sensed God is not done with him...the fellow has a lot to forgive himself for: he was responsible for the ABs of 45,000 babies, I think.

God bless you and Godspeed!

ginnyrose

2008/12/16 18:09Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re:

Hi ginnyrose and thank you for your insights, and I most certainly will seek out Dr. Nathanson's book.

It has been my own experience in full time ministry to keep the heart light, the armour tight, and be in a perpetual state of prayer.

As a musician/composer the song that has been a good marker for me is the one where Phil Keaggy's sings, 'Who will speak out for the little one's, helpless and half-abandoned?'

2008/12/17 2:32Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

I worked a little bit with 40 Days for Life this past fall, it was a great blessing.

aeryck, you might consider read [url=http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Life-Answers-Pro-Choice-Arguments-Expanded/dp/1576737519/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229646521&sr=8-23]Prolife Answers to Prochoice Arguments by Randy Alcorn[/url]. I read it through recently and it helped me tremendously!

2008/12/18 19:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy