Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : What is up with us

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
imustdie

Stoke on Trent UK

What is up with us

:-(
I have for the last two years been stuck in one place. Much of what I have learnt over the years and been established in, have of late been shown to be totally wrong. That aside, here is where I am now ! I now know and accept that I must die and take up my cross and follow HIM !!! There is no teaching (good teaching I mean)that helps me !!!! Once I take that step, and I must, the pew is silent, I know no one who has gone there(truly gone there) exept of course The Lord Himself.
It totally leaves me numb and I am totaly unprepaired for what lies ahead. I know that whatever happens it will bring Glory to Him. Is there anyone out there that can help ?

2008/12/11 12:54Profile
HeartSong

Re: What is up with us

Quote:
It totally leaves me numb and I am totaly unprepaired for what lies ahead.

He will carry you through, for He knows the way, and He knows you.

2008/12/11 13:13Profile

Re: If I could have a coffee with you, I would say this.

"Each joint supplies as the Lord provides."...I think of the body of Christ. Yes, there are seasons when the Lord will "drive you into the wilderness.."...but He created you as a part of a bigger, and complete whole....the Church. Ask the Lord to lead you to a Church where there is more than the pew...where the Word is not compromised and an avenue of fellowship is afforded you. Small home groups are not every answer...but the early Church met there....and you have gifts, and your ministry is needed. You are called to serve and to love, yes...but also to be served and to be loved.

Sermons and teachings are ok..but living the gospel is where life is...not just hearing, but doing and being. The church does not revolve around the Pastor, or the meeting, where you sit each Sunday. The church revolves around Jesus, and the Body edifies one another as they walk in Common union and love and care one for another.

I have seen many young Christians dry up and blow away, living like this. You need to be fed, and it is more than words and teachings. It is as the Love a Mom gives to her baby.

Death has her place in the cross...and yet we can become morbid if we do not see that Christian death is but the door to Resurrection, and resurrection life. We can become obsessed with the Cross side of Faith..which will rob us of our joy. This will come in God's due time, if we love Him. We can not inflict it upon ourselves.

You are free in Jesus. He came to bring abundant life. Find holy friends that you can relate to, and possibly a weekly home meeting..[or more.] See if you can go on some mission trips, that will serve the poor of the Earth.

Begin each day in secret prayer and the Word, and seek to please Him all of the time. Joy will return, with trials and pressures. You do have companions out here in the world.

My hopes for you,,,Brothertom.

2008/12/11 13:24
imustdie

Stoke on Trent UK

Re:

:-) :-) :-)
Thanks
You know I have been on the path for 26 years and never met anyone who has truly died to self yet. If I did, everyone in the word would know them, its so rare. Oh GOD help us we have fallen so far from HIM. HE is so totally HOLY and JUST and TRUE, HIS Judgments are always right and just, and HIS ways past finding out. Have you met CHRIST in the flesh ? you would think so if you met one who has died totaly to self, because they would be as CHRIST.

2008/12/11 13:28Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
You know I have been on the path for 26 years and never met anyone who has truly died to self yet. If I did, everyone in the word would know them,

Christ was not known to 'all the world' even though He surely would have fulfilled your conditions.

In fact, dying to self, is a daily process rather than a one-off crisis experience.

2008/12/11 13:39Profile
imustdie

Stoke on Trent UK

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:

In fact, dying to self, is a daily process rather than a one-off crisis experience.

I am well an truly saved by all that Chrisomdom would call saved. In one sence I do die daily. But........there is more to dying than just dying ??? I have not died to the point where "I live, yet not I but CHRIST liveth in me" as Paul said, I have not died to the point where He is all and I am nothing. This is my problem, and I beleive the problem with Christianity as a whole. This is why the Church is so powerless! I see the Church as carnal and myself as much to blame as any other Christian. How can God revive the Church or any believer, as long as they are still alive. If we truly died to self and live to God, the life that we lived would and could only be CHRIST. Oh let us die truly, so that HE can revive us. Just think of it that way, Daily REVIVAL

2008/12/11 14:02Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re:

Quote:
I now know and accept that I must die and take up my cross and follow HIM !!! There is no teaching (good teaching I mean)that helps me !!!! Once I take that step, and I must, the pew is silent, I know no one who has gone there(truly gone there) exept of course The Lord Himself.

I have not died to the point where "I live, yet not I but CHRIST liveth in me" as Paul said, I have not died to the point where He is all and I am nothing. This is my problem, and I beleive the problem with Christianity as a whole. This is why the Church is so powerless! I see the Church as carnal and myself as much to blame as any other Christian. How can God revive the Church or any believer, as long as they are still alive.

Then he said to them all, "If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will save it. What does it profit them if they gain the whole world, but lose or forfeit themselves?
(Matt 16.24, Mark 8.34) Luke 9.23-25

I think we could have another American Revival if Christians ACTUALLY starting living this way... denying ourselves all the luxuries of this life (whatever they may be), taking up our cross and following Him where ever it takes us – spiritually or naturally.

You are on the right track. Reading the Word and knowing it like the back of our hand would help tremendously in the process of dying.

And also remember that "love is the greatest of these."

God bless you in your journey!

2008/12/11 15:25Profile
imustdie

Stoke on Trent UK

Re:

Quote:

Lysa wrote:
I think we could have another American Revival if Christians ACTUALLY starting living this way... denying ourselves all the luxuries of this life (whatever they may be), taking up our cross and following Him where ever it takes us – spiritually or naturally.

You are on the right track. Reading the Word and knowing it like the back of our hand would help tremendously in the process of dying.

And also remember that "love is the greatest of these."

God bless you in your journey!

Thank you for your support Lysa
I do know the scriptures well, and HIM. His call is growing stronger moment by moment. As I talk about it, it becomes clearer and clearer just what The LORD requires. This I know, He wants and desires to live HIS life through me. HE cannot do that unless I die, let go of my life and let HIM have it. My heart is pounding, this is an awsome step. Before now I have only let HIM have little bits of me. HE wants it all!! Oh GOD give me revelation and strength to act and finaly give all to YOU Amen

2008/12/11 15:48Profile
JoanM

Re: What is up with us

Do you see in John 12:20-28, how Jesus said to His disciples [u]who were following Him[/u], to Follow Him? You already know where He was going. He said Follow me. Follow Him if you are a disciple.

Agree with Him in prayer about the truth of this. You already know His word is true. Your heart is pounding. What will you say, “Father save me from this hour?” Do not miss this hour of visitation. For what cause did you come to this hour? As long as a man is alive, there is no strength in his testimony. The strength of his testimony comes after a man is dead. It is when a man is dead that his goods are distributed. This is the power at the Cross of the death of self. Paul knew this. Others know.

How can any man be filled with Holy Spirit of God, filled with the Spirit of Christ, who remains filled with himself? Be filled with Him, the pure, clean, Holy Spirit of God. You cannot crucify yourself. As someone said, you may get nails into your feet and one hand but that’s it. This is the work of God.

Closet yourself in with God. Settle the issue. Agree with Him, His Word.

I will agree with you in faith, in believing prayer. Brother, this is real and this is the work of God. I pray you do not miss it.

2008/12/11 17:30Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy