SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are Christians Scattered By God To Be Like Seeds?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Are Christians Scattered By God To Be Like Seeds?

One thing I have noticed, after I was saved, was that there were many people that I really admired because of their faith, that it seemed God would not allow me to be around, but for just relatively brief periods here and there. I used to think the main reason God did this was that we would not focus on one another too much when there are others He wanted us around; Isa 2:22, "Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?"

I still believe this is partially true, but not the main reason.

My later thought, and what I think is the more primary reason, was that God uses situations to move His people, and directs them to all corners of the globe, with the intention to direct us to particular people who will later be influenced to be saved or built up in their faith. This movement can be someone changing churches over a disagreement (both parties being faithful to God), or someone moves to another country for a job. In other words, the Spirit directs us to people who need what God has given us, rather than to those who don't need what God has given us.

So this directing often spreads those out who have told Him they are willing to go anywhere, and do anything, into places where there is not a concentration of strong believers; just a few here and there.

Then once dispursed, they are allowed to be around one another briefly, but only what is necessary. So many of the seeming resistances to the preaching of the gospel are actually under the providence of God in not only strengthening the faith of the saved, but carrying those who know the gospel to those who need it.

So God spreads out the willing vessels like seeds into plowed ground. Maybe two or three at a time together, and then the same again for the next hole in the row, but never 100 at a time, because the rest of the field must be seeded. Like the reason of a farmer, it would be a waste to over seed one hole, when you can increase the size of the field.

I welcome agreement or contradiction; even if it is: you may just not be wearing deodorant or dude, your just lonely. Just curious if anyone has experienced anything similar.

2008/12/9 14:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy