SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How did you discover SI

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Totality

Sulphur Springs, Texas

Re:

while watching a video on youtube put up by someone name LaneCH or something.. is he/she here?

2008/12/8 22:48Profile

Re:

Someone told me that there messages on here by Keith Daniel, so I thought I better check and see what was on here by him since he had been coming to our church for several years and my dad was organizing his America tour. I started participating on the forums to give info on Keith Daniel...and then I discovered the wonderful sermons on here, and eventually starting posting more on the forums. I'm so grateful for the edifying Christian fellowship that I have had the blessing of partaking in. My walk with the Lord has definitely been strengthened and blessed by SI. Praise and glory be to Jesus Christ!

2008/12/8 22:52
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re:

Looking for some real meat and substance for my spirit then I was introduced to leonard Ravenhill. I went to a site with a bunch of his teachings and bam. I saw a link on that same site to SI clicked on it and I was never the same afterwards. This site has been a great blessing to me I have been introduced to some of the finest dear saints in the world on SI and have been edified by some great reading material.

2008/12/8 23:07Profile
Compton

Re:

Several years ago, while looking about on the internet, I came across a wonderfully helpful illustration from a certain Ron Bailey that I continue to use to this day whenever I need a simple explanation how the old testament saints were covered by the cross of Christ. (In fact I brought it back out just last week for my little girl.) It was about a year later that I decided to pop in and say hi.

To think that about 3 years later I would have the unexpected pleasure of driving Ron around in my little car for a couple of days is evidence the Lord is kind to each of us in special and personal ways.

MC

2008/12/8 23:09Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

I was looking for some good Washer sermons to hand out at our 24/2 pray weekend and a brother suggested I look at SI. Spent many months downloading sermons, listening and learning. Noticed the forums later in the game.

Been blessed ever since ;-)

2008/12/8 23:12Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I found Sermon Index by searching for Leonard Ravenhill sermons after reading "Why Revival Tarries?", which was a book given to me by a friend. Back in the day, Sermon Index only had 500 sermons, and Greg lived with his parents. Having seen pictures of him, I wondered where he slept at night, as it looks like his room consisted of nothing but books!

2008/12/8 23:14Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re: How did you discover SI

I was searching for A W Tozer sermons when I came accross the site back in 2002.

For the next year I would send out a mass email to all my friends about once a month telling them they needed to come here to check out the sermons.

2008/12/8 23:32Profile
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

I found Sermon Index in a box of Cracker Jack :-)

2008/12/9 0:57Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

I found SI after doing a search for david wilkerson sermons, I had been saved just a bit longer then one week and I asked a friend who had grown up in a christian home for what I could read and maybe listen to to find out more about christianity since I knew nothing. He recommended Benny Hinn and David wilkerson.

So I did a search for benny and found his website and watched an online video. And after 50 minutes i was convinced for some reason this mans message could not be the real message, so i searched for David Wilkerson and found SI

and after listening to a sermon called going all the way with God I sat there knowing I found something very precious, i downloaded many sermons from him and listened all night :-)

And I read the forums maybe for six months before i started participating, I thank God SI lead me to find many authors and preachers i would never have heard of or listened to otherwise. It is such a blessing to have such riches available

What I have done was i started to listen to Wilkerson, heard him mentioning Ravenhill, heard him mentioning Tozer, heard tozer mentioning another and so on. and gradually i just went on and on and the riches here are so wast. Even after listening to hundreds of sermons, still find precius gems hidden on this site. And after so many preachers and sermons I discover Sparks and Katz and others, just to relize there is so much more, and how many more are there yet that i have yet to find?

Truly this site can make a difference in the christian walk.

Thank you Greg :-D

Christian

2008/12/9 3:03Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

Several years ago,a good friend, introduced us (Alan and I) to Jeremy Hulsey, who introduced us to Greg Gordon, who introduced us to sermonindex. :-) We have been very blessed by the resource, but even more enriched by these friendships.

2008/12/9 7:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy