SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Please Help Me!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
HizGurl

Please Help Me!!!

I've been a born-again christian 4 about 2 years now and i've never struggled as much before as i am right now.

it seems like the whole foundation i built my relationship with Christ on is crumbling. its like i dont understand God anymore and no matter how much i scream and cry at night He wont reveal Himself 2 me. He's just dissappeared. im beginning 2 wonder if maybe He's just been my imaginary friend these last 2 years.

im a big reader, but i cant trust any1 anymore. its like everyone is teaching something false according 2 others. the bible can be interpreted in so many ways it seems like and i dont know who to believe. so i've just given up reading all-2gether. the bible doesnt make sense anymore like it used 2. whats happening 2 me?

men are so undependable, God has gone missing, and im here by myself. its like hell on earth

2008/12/7 19:51Profile

Re: Please Help Me!!!

I am sad to hear your plight, and have known quite a few people who were in a similar place.

My advice is: GET OUT A BIBLE, READ IT DILIGENTLY, STUDY IT DAY AND NIGHT, PRAYING FOR UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT UNTIL YOU KNOW THAT YOU KNOW THE TRUTH. READ WHOLE CHAPTERS AND WHOLE BOOKS OF THE BIBLE. AS YOU STUDY, PRAY CONTINUALLY THAT CHRIST WOULD REVEAL HIMSELF TO YOU AND MAKE HIMSELF REAL TO YOU. DON´T STOP UNTIL YOU KNOW THAT YOU KNOW CHRIST IS YOUR REAL PERSONAL SAVIOR AND LORD THAT IS CLOSE BY YOUR SIDE.

Jesus said that the Holy Spirit whom He sent into the world would lead us into all truth. The Holy Spirit will quicken the word of God to you and He never lies. Just trust Him, and even if there are some things you don't understand, start obeying the things you do. Start low to build high. Start with the basics, repentance from sin, faith toward God, loving Jesus, praying, etc. The word of God is clear, but the enemy is the one who stirs up doubt and confusion. Seek the Lord, and resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Truly, if you're weary with hearing the contradicting opinions of men, it´s time to go straight to God, and grab God, and don't let go until you know He's given you the blessing. Once you truly hear from God, no man can shake you.

2008/12/7 20:04
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Quote:
im a big reader, but i cant trust any1 anymore.

Welcome to SI.

Hard to know, but can I ask or suggest, maybe it's what you are reading? What have you read?

A long time ago was in a similar confusion and a very dear, spiritual astute lady in a Christian bookstore pointed me to the classics of the faith. It soon led to this very site. There is a wealth of resources available here.

Have you read any of the Puritans?

2008/12/7 20:28Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

HizGurl,

I have to agree with what has already been written here. I too, when I first got saved spent a lot of time reading Christian books and watching Christian TV. I assumed that everybody who was writing or preaching about Jesus was sincere and truthful. It eventually led me to the same frustration you are experiencing, where I didn’t know what to believe. For a time I put down all books other than the Bible. Eventually I too discovered the treasure in older, time tested works and have found many that have been a great help to me in my walk with Christ.

But dear sister, it is the mercy of God if your foundation is crumbling, if the foundation you are building on has been the wrong foundation. Through prayer, Bible reading and study, and the fellowship of older (female) saints in your church, trust the Lord to rebuild your faith according to what is right and true.

So many of us here have gone through similar things. We understand the fear and doubt and feelings that the Lord is far, far away. And we will be praying for you.

Danielle

2008/12/7 20:42Profile
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re:

I agree with what crsschk said below. The puritans will give you a strong foundation along with your daily bible reading. In the past did you study the word of God ? If not I would advise that you study it verse by verse, book by book that way you don't hydroplane over important text. It takes time and commitment but you will inject strong bible doctrine into your diet and end up being a strong rock when it comes to your faith not being turned about by every wind of doctrine. Many of the modern day guys lack substance because they target a certain audience (the man centered bunch). But what you will find when you read the puritains like Thomas Watson,John Owen, and Matthew Henry is they had a relentless passion for christ and their material always points you to the scriptures and the great bible doctrines in the word of God.

Here are some key points I use in judging a book

1. When your reading always look to see if christ is exalted John 16 says that it is the job of the Holy Spirit to exalt Jesus. Does Jesus become number one when your reading this stuff

2. Always see if the material your reading motivates and empowers you to walk in sanctification John 17:17 says his word is truth and that by it we are purged or sanctified. if the material does not produce sanctification trash it. If something is biblically sound it always points to sanctification.

3. When your reading a book is it pointing you to holiness. What holiness is in a nutshell is separation and to be other. what I mean by that is this. does your reading material separate you from the world, the devil, and the flesh does it aggressivly attack sin in your life.

4. Does this material bring glory and exaltation to God. Does it place him upon the throne of your heart as sovereign lord or does it place you, or your ambitions upon the throne as lord. 1 corin 10:31 says all things should be done to the glory of God so ask the question does this reading material glorify God does it exalt him and his marvelous attributes does it cause me to run to him and love him as a precious jewel.

Hope that Helps dear friend.

2008/12/7 20:52Profile
HizGurl

Re:

josef urban,

thanx 4 that encouragement. ive made a commitment 2 God that i'll read His Word every day whether or not i understand and 2 memorize at least a chapter a week. it just seems so dry and a dont get it. its so confusing because it used 2 be like manna 2 me. honestly i didnt think any1 would reply. may God bless u for the encouragement. i will wrestle with Him till he blesses me. i just dont know how much longer i will have the strength 2 hold on 2 Him. please pray 4 me

2008/12/7 21:20Profile
HizGurl

Re:

crsschk,

thanks, im starting 2 like it here. mainly i've been reading books from authors like cs lewis, aw tozer, and kp yohannan. ive also read alot of max lucado, ravi zacharias and other more modern books. i haven't read any of the puritans that i know of. any suggestions?

2008/12/7 21:29Profile
HizGurl

Re:

brokenone,

thank u so much 4 ur concern and advice, danielle. i guess when u put it that way it makes alot of sense. perhaps my foundation was completely erranous. i wish i had older female sisters to teach me and keep me acountable. but it seems like everyone i know is more interested in talking about what im doing wrong then showing me whats rite. i talked 2 my church's pastor and his wife about all my doubts and struggles but it didn't help much. and they havent mentioned it once afterward or asked me how im doing. i dont know, would u suggest i talk 2 some1 else?

2008/12/7 21:39Profile
HizGurl

Re:

fuegodedios,

amen. wow ur absolutely right. i'm going 2 look into these puritan writer yall are all mentioning. i have 2 say tho, my trust meter is very low at the moment. i guess its because theres so many preachers out there that are contradicting each other. say for instance paul washer, who preaches total depravity of man. in other words we have no choice in salvation. and then someone like john wesley who was an arminianist. id believe both to be earnest servants of God. but one of them has to be preaching falsehood. and if they are true born again men of God and filled with the His Spirit, than how is this possible and y would God allow it? sorry 4 the bad example, seeing as paul washer is still alive and john wesley isn't. it just seems 2 me like true christians should at least agree on all the major points of Christianity rite?

2008/12/7 21:54Profile
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re:

This is why I informed you to look at the scriptures with intensity verse by verse. The Holy bible has to be first and formost let it be an umpire to settle all arguements and debates that arise in our minds.. :-)

2008/12/7 22:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy