SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Trouble by some guests

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

Re: Trouble by some guests

[b]Let us now look at what the bible says about Jehovah-juanna, God-ka and toking the Ghost.[/b]

Leviticus 22:31-33: 31 “Therefore you shall keep My commandments, and perform them: I am the LORD. 32 You shall not profane My holy name, but I will be hallowed among the children of Israel. I am the LORD who sanctifies you, 33 who brought you out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: I am the LORD.”

1 Chronicles 16:9-11: 9 Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him; Talk of all His wondrous works! 10 Glory in His holy name; Let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the LORD! 11 Seek the LORD and His strength; Seek His face evermore!

Psalm 30:4 Sing praise to the LORD, you saints of His, And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name.

Psalm 33:21 For our heart shall rejoice in Him, Because we have trusted in His holy name.

Psalm 99:3 Let them praise Your great and awesome name—He is holy.

Psalm 103:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name!

Psalm 105:3 Glory in His holy name; Let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the LORD!

Psalm 145:21 My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD, And all flesh shall bless His holy name, Forever and ever.

Isaiah 29:23 But when he sees his children,
The work of My hands, in his midst,
They will hallow My name,
And hallow the Holy One of Jacob,
And fear the God of Israel.

Isaiah 57:15 For thus says the High and Lofty One
Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy:
“ I dwell in the high and holy place,
With him who has a contrite and humble spirit,
To revive the spirit of the humble,
And to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Ezekiel 20:39 “As for you, O house of Israel,” thus says the Lord GOD: “Go, serve every one of you his idols—and hereafter—if you will not obey Me; but profane My holy name no more with your gifts and your idols.

Ezekiel 36:21 But I had concern for My holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the nations wherever they went.

Luke 1:48-50 48 For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant;
For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed.
49 For He who is mighty has done great things for me,
And holy is His name.
50 And His mercy is on those who fear Him
From generation to generation.

Acts 4:29-31 29 Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, 30 by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.”
31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.

Revelation 15:3-4: 3 They sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying:
“ Great and marvelous are Your works,
Lord God Almighty!
Just and true are Your ways,
O King of the saints!]
4 Who shall not fear You, O Lord, and glorify Your name?
For You alone are holy.
For all nations shall come and worship before You,
For Your judgments have been manifested.”

[[b]Which one of these scripture should we use to support using Jehovah-juanna, God-ka and toking the Ghost? If none of these, which ones can you give?[/b]

Ephesians 5:1 says, “Therefore be imitators of God as dear children.” [b]Which one of these are being imitators of God, acting like we’re 1) getting high on drugs or 2) getting drunk?[/b]

2 Corinthians 6:14b says “And what communion has light with darkness?” [b]Then how does imitating darkness bring light?[/b]

Jesus said in John 17:16, “They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.” [b]Why do we want to imitate the world, if we are not of the world?[/b]

Romans 6:20-23 states, “20 For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21 What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. 22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” [b]For those who were former addicts and alcoholics, why would they want to pretend to do those things that they are now ashamed of?[/b]

Galatians 5:13 says, “For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.” [b]If our liberty in Jesus doesn’t give us freedom to act out in the flesh, why would it give us freedom to act as if we are in the flesh?[/b]

1 Thessalonians 5:20-21 (KJV) says “21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.” [b]How does our appearing evil (acting like we’re high on drugs/drunk), in the manner that John Crowder would have us to do, please Jesus?[/b]

[b]Do I need to say anymore?[/b]

[b]If the word of God is true, then that leaves us with Romans 16:17,[/b]

17 Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them.

[b]I choose to avoid John Crowder.[/b]

2008/12/19 12:29Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Excellent LoveGodsWay2

2008/12/19 12:49Profile
psalm1

Re:

I don know if you realize I am addressing a post in youre thread aand not your john Crowder issue

Just in case I will reposst it for your consideration;

"If the enemy can get Christians to seek after experiences, then he surely can deceive them. The reason why many moves of God have been sidetracked is because Christians have gone after the manifestations, and it became all about what makes me feel good. The presence of God was compared to a drug high, and it was even encouraged by some of the leaders to seek after being drunk in the Spirit.

I have seen that Christians that seek after these experiences are some of the most carnally minded people that you will ever meet, and are not growing spiritually."

Wow you can actually read people's heart like that?

I have been in those meetings you speak evil of and I have to admit they weren't perfect,but the anointing and presence of God was so intense I know I will never forget it.

I was there,I saw some wrong things. They like you didn't know what to do.
And you weren't there to show them what to do.
I sincerely hope if another revival comes you can show up to tell the leadership exactly who is manifesting purely and those that manifest with incorrect motives.

You don't and I dont know what they seek.
They say they seek God and you say they are liars.
I am sure this was said of the upper room crowd too.

"they just met in the upper room to get those flame things and get that reeling around drunk feeling."

I saw the 2 threads locked criticising the SI revival.

Kinda stings dont it?

Please note the indictment against Christians who attend meetings where manifestations occur
I am loped in with his evil group

2008/12/19 12:51Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Well you misread what I said (kinda funny since you can see everybody's heart)

Touchy, aren't we? I guess I'm not the only one here having difficulty trying to understand you.
Quote:
I said Christians,not leaders.

This distinction, as far as I know, has no bearing on the scripture I provided.

2008/12/19 12:53Profile
psalm1

Re:

considering the uproar over the word manifestation,i am wondering if anyone on SI thinks God still moves in power,and if so, what is my reaction to it?

2008/12/19 12:54Profile
psalm1

Re:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well you misread what I said (kinda funny since you can see everybody's heart)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Touchy, aren't we? I guess I'm not the only one having difficulty trying to understand you here. Quote:

I said Christians,not leaders.

This distinction, as far as I know, has no bearing on the scripture I provided

OK so are you saying,for example my objections to misreading someones heart is unfounded and therefore,as long as it is within the boundaries of certain discrimination's (not mine) that are abstract we now have set new forum rules?

2008/12/19 13:01Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

psalm1 wrote:

Quote:
considering the uproar over the word manifestation,i am wondering if anyone on SI thinks God still moves in power,and if so, what is my reaction to it?

My brother. God stil moves in power. I have been blessed to be used by the Lord in many different areas of manifistations, but they all have been scriptual.

Seriously brother, maybe I am misreading it, but why are you defending these clowns? I wholy and fully believe in everything that the Lord says that we will do with giftings, but I will baulk everytime a man says what are the giftings.

Either way brother, I trust that you have a clean and pure heart on this matter. I choose to follow scripture.

2008/12/19 13:03Profile
psalm1

Re:

Can you guys please,please,please, READ my objection without bringing in all the misrepresentation.

It seems to me that the ones with NO DECEPTION cant discern a sentence.

Lets try again;

"If the enemy can get Christians to seek after experiences, then he surely can deceive them. The reason why many moves of God have been sidetracked is because Christians have gone after the manifestations, and it became all about what makes me feel good. The presence of God was compared to a drug high, and it was even encouraged by some of the leaders to seek after being drunk in the Spirit.

I have seen that Christians that seek after these experiences are some of the most carnally minded people that you will ever meet, and are not growing spiritually."

Wow you can actually read people's heart like that?"

CHRISTIANS SEEKING AFTER EXPERIENCES?
HOW DOES HE KNOW THIS?

2008/12/19 13:15Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

The leader of the church network I was envolved invited John Crowder for a conference in the UK a couple of years back. Really weird stuff, it topped even what we saw in the Lakeland revival. He made grown up men bounce like goons.
This leader used to have an appetite for false prophets, however to his credit I must say, he dimissed John Crowder, and only because he was not in fellowship.

2. Tim 3:12 In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

Prepare yourself for more of this.

narrowpath

2008/12/19 13:54Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
OK so are you saying,for example my objections to misreading someones heart is unfounded and therefore,as long as it is within the boundaries of certain discrimination's (not mine) that are abstract we now have set new forum rules?

No, I am not saying this. Who said anything about forum rules? I provided two scriptures that were swept aside and replaced by a retaliation of sarcasm on your part. The Bible states that [i]'Out of the heart the mouth speaketh'[/i], and I take it literally. You also can know a tree by its fruit. If the fruit is "tokin the ghost", then we can be sure the root is "tokin the ghost" also.

Since these people align themselves with Christianity, we have a duty to discern and judge the fruit. The fact that you "feel" the anointing at their meetings means nothing, because, frankly, I don't trust your definition of "anointing" as I believe you juggle soul with spirit. It has nothing to do with denomination but everything to do with scripture. When it comes to a toss up between personal experience and scripture, personal experience must go into the wastebasket - no matter what kind of emotion or anointing or feeling accompanied those experiences at the time.

2008/12/19 18:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy