SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "I have gotten a man from the Lord"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BlazedbyGod

"I have gotten a man from the Lord"

Greetings, All my fellow SermonIndex colabourers: I take the time to share with you all my honorable Blessing from the Lord our God;

Gen 4:1"..., I have gotten a man from the LORD".

On November 8, 2008 @ 9:02 pm Nathaniel Elias I was born into this world by the grace of God me and my wife of 2 years. His name, (Nathaniel) given to his mother in a dream, stems from the loss of my wife and I first child that died at 10 weeks in September of 2007.

Nathanael means "gift from God" in Hebrew and comes from John 1:49 *Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel

Elias means " my God is the LORD" in Greek, and also is the Greek form of Elijah. It comes from Luke 1:17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of *Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

PS: Please feel free to share any family devotials, books on raising a godly family, etc..with me. As I am truly eager to raise my family with a pure godly heritage.

Also, Thank you to everyone who granted me congratulations on the sabbath forum.

2008/12/3 12:44Profile
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

Re: "I have gotten a man from the Lord"

Congradulations!

Psalm 127
[i][b]3 Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.
4 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one’s youth.
5 Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them; They shall not be ashamed, But shall speak with their enemies in the gate.[/b][/i]

2008/12/3 13:38Profile
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

Oh dear brother, congradulations and blessings on your precious gift from the Lord! What a sweet testimony of how the Lord restores joy to us after sorrow.

May He raise this babe up so that his parents will wonder what manner of child this will be. May the both of you be filled with wisdom and counsel as you teach him the things of God.

It's always so nice to have a reason to rejoice and babies are such a blessing.

Kathleen

2008/12/3 16:31Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Congratulations! And may God grant you more - enough to fill your quiver!

Denny Kenaston has a series of sermons on SI that deal with the godly home. I would also check out Keith Daniel. His sermons are very good as well.

God bless you as you raise your child for the LORD. And do not ever forget: He is a being that will now live forever!

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/12/3 23:36Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Congratulations brother!

Funny, I read the out-take from brother Paul (In the other thread) the wrong way and sent him congratulations as well ...

oops. :-o

I love that you decided on this name, besides having that tremendous distinction from the Lord stating that he had no guile, this verse ...

[i]Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee.[/i]

Is one of the most incredible, poignant and precious verses to me, the whole context that follows .. I cannot elaborate on it, Nathanael's own response tells of it.

Wonderful brother, wonderful.

2008/12/4 0:12Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Cause for celebration

Praying for you and your family. Hope both your son and wife are resting well.

Very glad for you and your wife. I am confident God placed this little one in good hands when He chose you two,

white stone

2008/12/4 0:43Profile
Koheleth

NC

A very great blessing. May it be the start of a great and godly family, whether the Lord grants you more or has a mission for your current family size. May the Lord's wisdom and grace be with you.

2008/12/4 5:49Profile
rbanks

Re:

Congratulations brother!

Hope you and yours the best in the Lord.

May the Lord greatly bless you and your family in your pursuit of him.

2008/12/4 7:44Profile

Blessings my brother! When the Lord gives you 3 more men you'll be caught up with me!

Krispy

2008/12/4 7:52

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy