SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : and now for something completely different...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

and now for something completely different...

I'm not sure where to put this but I am getting ready for my annual penal servitude at
New Life Radio This is a two-week Christian local radio station near to Exeter, Devon, UK. The station operates in conjunction with an annual conference that runs through the second week, starting July 31st. The radio station will be on air a week before that. If you click on NEWS on the home page it will take you to a full schedule of broadcasts. Remember, these times are GMT +1 hour (British Summer Time)

If you would like to join me, you can listen on-line. My programmes start on August 1st at 6.30am, when I arrive in the 'studio' with a flask of coffee, my bible and some CDs to see where we get to... hence the name Ron's Rambles. (a ramble, over here, is a gentle walk through beautiful scenary AND what happens when a preacher can't keep to his notes...)

anyway, if you can't sleep and would like to visit, you'll be very welcome.

2004/7/20 16:33Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: and now for something completely different...

Quote:
If you would like to join me, you can listen on-line. My programmes start on August 1st at 6.30am, when I arrive in the 'studio' with a flask of coffee, my bible and some CDs to see where we get to... hence the name Ron's Rambles.

Are there any paticular topics you will be covering? sounds like an interesting idea to pull an all-nighter to hear 'Rambling' Ron or is that 'Ron the Rambler' :-P

EDIT: Is it illegal to record you as you talk on the live stream and get it up on SI? 8-) I'm always up to no good.

2004/7/20 16:42Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Hi Greg

Quote:
Are there any paticular topics you will be covering?

None scheduled but if there are any requests we try to accommodate our listeners. There is usually a webcam and emails are often answered during the sessions.

Quote:
EDIT: Is it illegal to record you as you talk on the live stream and get it up on SI?

We have a 2 week license and anything we broadcast during that time is OK for broadcasting as far as I know. My understanding is that recordings, particularly music CDs cannot be broadcast outside the license period. So, yes, a live stream, but not archiving.

2004/7/20 16:51Profile
shazbot

USA

Can you archive it if the music is edited out?

2004/7/20 17:27Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

I suppose so, but as this is a radio programme it will be very bitty. You have to remember that you are the guest in someone's home and that with radio, unlike TV, the listener will always be doing something else as well as listening. So my programmes are music based, with links and comments aimed at a wide audience of Christians and non-Christians. If you edit out the music, I'm not sure how much sense the comments would make.

2004/7/21 3:59Profile
Nasher

Watford, UK

Hi Ron, I will be in Bideford (Devon) during your first week, will I be able to pick up 106.2 from there?

2004/7/21 7:39Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Hi Nasher
The expected area is about 20 miles radius. It sometimes does dramatically better than that but it depends to a degree on line of sight and those rolling Devon hills can sometimes get in the way.

2004/7/21 8:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy