SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Holy Spirit

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisMo

The Holy Spirit

A great DVD to watch is Intimacy with the Holy Spirit by John Bevere, he gives some great examples about speaking in tongues.
I am currently reading The Power of Faith by Smith Wigglesworth, this is a great book & is all about the Holy Spirit, He did not speak in tongues until he was in his forties & then his whole ministry changed.
I have been a christian for 30 years & spoke in tongues soon after. Like anything else this can become just habitual. I think it is like so many things we can have a form of something, but then we let tradition get in the way.
We need to remember who the Holy Spirit is, He is the Spirit of the Living God & we are the temple of the Holy Spirit, He choses to live in us. It has only been in the last year or so that I have been totally stirred up by the Holy Spirit, if we read in the book of Acts, we see that they didn't do anything without being lead by the Holy Spirit. This is the sort of people that God is looking for in the last hour, people that will be filled & led by the Holy Spirit, with nothing of themselves. I believe in speaking in tongues, at times I do not know what to pray Romans 8:26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
1 Corinthians 2:9-16
9However, as it is written:
"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him"[a]— 10but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.[b] 14The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
16"For who has known the mind of the Lord
that he may instruct him?"[c] But we have the mind of Christ.

I know for me the only way I will fulfill the things God has for me, will be by being led by His precious Holy Spirit.
John G Lake writes of the Holy Spirit in this way:
THERE IS NO SUBJECT IN ALL THE WORD OF GOD THAT SEEMS TO ME SHOULD BE APPROACHED WITH SO MUCH HOLY REVERENCE, AS THE SUBJECT OF THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. BELOVED MY HEART BLEEDS EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE WHEN I HEAR THE FLIPPANCY WITH WHICH CHRISTIANS DISCUSS THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
WHEN MOSES ENTERED INTO THE PRESENCE OF GOD AT THE BURNING BUSH, GOD SAID, “PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM OFF THEY FEET; FOR THE PLACE WHEREON THOU STANDEST IS HOLY GROUND” (EXODUX 3:5). HOW MUCH MORE SO WHEN THE INDIVIDUAL COMES INTO THE PRESENCE OF GOD, LOOKING FOR THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AND REMEMBERS THAT IN ORDER TO OBTAIN THIS GIFT, JESUS CHRIST LIVED IN THE WORLD, BLED ON THE CROSS, ENTERED INTO THE DARKNESS OF DEATH AND HELL AND THE GRAVE, GRAPPLED WITH AND STRANGLED THAT ACCURSED POWER, CAME FORTH AGAIN, AND FINALLY ASCENDED TO HEAVEN IN ORDER TO SECURE IT FOR YOU AND ME. IF THERE IS ANYTHING UNDER HEAVEN THAT OUGHT TO COMMAND OUR REVERENCE, OUR HOLY REVERENCE, OUR REVERENCE BEYOND ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD, IT SURELY IS THE SUBJECT OF THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
SUPPOSING THAT JESUS WAS ON THE CROSS, AND WE WERE PRIVELEGED TO LOOK INTO HIS FACE AT THIS HOUR, I WONDER WHAT THE FEELING OF OUR SOUL WOULD BE? SUPPOSING WE WERE TO FOLLOW BEHIND THE WEEPING COMPANY THAT BORE HIS DEAD BODY AND LAID IT IN THE TOMB, WHAT WOULD OUR FEELINGS BE? SUPPOSING WE WERE TO MEET HIM IN THE GARDEN, AS MARY DID, IN THE GLORY OF HIS RESURRECTION OR SUPPOSING THAT GOD IN HIS GOODNESS WOULD LET US LOOK INTO THAT SCENE OF SCENES AT THE THRONE OF GOD, WHEN THE HEAVENS LIFTED UP THEIR GATES, AND THE LORD OF GLORY CAME IN. OH, IF WE COULD, BELOVED, WE WOULD HAVE A BETTER COMPREHENSION OF THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
THE HOLY SPIRIT COMES RIGHT OUT OF THE HEART OF THE ETERNAL GOD, BREATHED THROUGH THE SOUL OF JESUS CHRIST.
WHEN IT CAME UPON A MAN ORIGINALLY, AS IT DID UPON THE HUNDRED AND TWENTY AT JERUSALEM, NO ONE WENT AROUND SAYING BROTHER, HAVE YOU GOT YOUR BAPTISM? THEY WERE WALKING WITH THEIR SHOES OFF, WITH UNCOVERED HEADS AND UNCOVERED HEARTS BEFORE THE ETERNAL GOD!
WE NEED TO SURROUND THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT WITH THAT DUE REVERENCE OF GOD WITH WHICH AN EXPERIENCE SO SACRED, AND THAT COST SUCH AN AWFUL PRICE, SHOULD BE SURROUNDED.
“KNOW YE NOT THAT YOUR BODY IS A TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, WHICH IS IN YOU (1 COR 6:19)”
A TEMPLE OF GOD, A HOUSE OF GOD IN WHICH GOD LIVES!

Blessings
Christine

2008/11/29 22:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy