SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : KJV error Hosea 11:12?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: KJV error Hosea 11:12?

To: Sscott:

[b]I believe that if each of us had a complete understanding of the Everlasting Blood Covenant Relationship that God has with Israel, then it would not matter which Bible we picked up when we studied Hosea 11:12[/b]

From: David Hocking, Hope for Today- Israel 60 years of miracles. The Messiah of Israel is the only hope of Israel and the World! (August, 2008)

[b]Israel is God’s Creation![/b]
Isaish 43:1
"1.But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine."
Isaiah 43:7
"7.Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him."

[b]Israel is God’s Choice![/b]
Deuteronomy 7:6-9
"6.For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
7.The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:8. But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.9. Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;"

[b]Israel is God’s Calling![/b]
Isaiah 45:3
"………that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel."
Isaiah 48:12
"12.Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last."

[b]Israel is God’s Confirmation![/b]
Isaiah 44:26
"26.That confirmeth the word of his servant, and performeth the counsel of his messengers; that saith to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be inhabited; and to the cities of Judah, Ye shall be built, and I will raise up the decayed places thereof:"
Psalm 105:10
"10.And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant:"

[b]Israel is God’s Covenant![/b]
Genesis 15:18
"18.In the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram"

Genesis 17:7-8
"7.And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
8. And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God."

Psalm 105-8-10
"8. He hath remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations.
9. Which covenant he made with Abraham, and his oath unto Isaac;
10. And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant:"

[b]Israel is God’s Comfort![/b]
Isaiah 40:1
"1.Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God."
Isaiah 49:13
"13. for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted."

[b]Israel is God’s Commitment----
A Commitment based upon a PLAN- He has to save them![/b]
Isaiah 43:25
"25.I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins."
Isaiah 44:22
"22.I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee."
Isaiah 62:11
"11.Behold, the Lord hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him."

[b]A Commitment based upon the PROTECTION He would give them![/b]
Isaiah 43:2
"2.When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee."

[b]A Commitment based on the PURPOSE He had to be glorified![/b]
Isaiah 43:7
"7.Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him."
Isaiah 60:21
"21.Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified."
Isaiah 61:3
"3.To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified."

[b]A Commitment based on the PROMISES of His Word![/b]

Isaiah 40:5
"4.And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it."
Isaiah 46:11
"12. Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it."
Isaiah 55:11
"11.So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

[b]A Promise of Return[/b]
Isaiah 43:5-6
5. Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;
6. I will say to the north, give up; and to the south, keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;

Ezekiel 36:24
"23 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land."

[b]A Promise of Resurrection![/b]
Ezekiel 37:11-14
"11. Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
12.Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13. And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up out of your graves,
14.And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord."

Sincerely,

Walter

Quote:

sscott wrote:
Was reading through Hosea tonight and noticed chapter 11:12:

"Ephraim compasseth me about with lies, and the house of Israel with deceit: [u]but Judah yet ruleth with God, and is faithful with the saints.[/u] "

It says Judah Rules with God and if Faithful.

But if we look at other verses in Hosea it shows just the opposite of Judah. Like verses:

12:2
The LORD hath also a controversy with Judah, and will punish Jacob according to his ways; according to his doings will he recompense him.

6:4
O Ephraim, what shall I do unto thee? O Judah, what shall I do unto thee? for your goodness is as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goeth away.

Judah's goodness has faded away and God has a controversy with them. Doesn't sound like they rule with God and are faithful.

I looked up the same verse in NASB and it says:

Hosea 11:12:
Ephraim surrounds Me with lies
And the house of Israel with deceit;
Judah is also [u]unruly against God[/u],
Even [u]against[/u] the Holy One who is faithful.

Seems to be more accurate with God's testimony of Judah. Which version do you think has this verse translated correctly?

2008/12/25 1:36
TroyorTakoda

Re: KJV error

Quote:

waltern wrote:

Hello, Troy:

The problem today, in these last days, is that we do not understand the two streams of Bible Text that are available to us. One stream comes directly from the believing Church, from the beginning. This text is referred to as the “Received Text”- i.e. received and protected by the believing Church. It is also called the Textus Receptus. Bibles that follow this thread could be The Bishops Bible and the King James Bible.

The other Bible text available to us today has been passed down from the Gnostics in Alexandria, Egypt. It is referred to as the Alexandrian Text. The Catholic Bible relies on the Alexandrian Text. Also, all of the newer versions of the Bible that have been published since 1881 ALSO rely on the Alexandrian text.

I've never heard anything about any special church that was chosen to pass down or to watch over and protect the bible, and I don't believe in "apostolic succession" that makes any one church better than any other.

I do believe that it is God who is watching over His Word to perform it and also to preserve it.

As Jeremiah 1:12 says: Then the LORD said to me, "You have seen well, for I am watching over my word to perform it."

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

I don't think our problem has anything to do with our understanding of the "two streams" of text or the covenant relationship of God with Israel, or with any other theories or doctrines at all.

I believe that if we listen to the Holy Spirit, then it will not matter particularly which Bible we picked up when we studied, because He will lead us to the right bible for us, and will give us correct understanding of it. He is the Spirit of Truth and will not lead us into error.

The same Spirit who inspired the writing of the Bible is the same Spirit who inspires the reading of the Bible.

If we interpret the Bible through our own understanding of ideas, then we can be led astray and read all kinds of wrong ideas into the meaning of the Bible as it was intended by God.

This is why praying for proper understanding before we read the Bible is absolutely necessary.

And that's about all I have to say about either topics of translation and/or interpretation. I will not get into a useless and continued argument about this or anything else. I see it enough in Yahoo Christian Chat and it is not profitable or wise, neither does it look good to unbelievers.

What I'm saying is this: Let's just all listen to the Spirit of God and what He is saying to us, and then we will be led into all truth, and the truth will set us free to love one another and agree to disagree on things that don't really matter, so that we can continue working to build one another up in love and minister to the lost, as the Lord would have us to do.

I pray all of you have a very blessed holiday!

2008/12/25 3:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy