SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : 2 Days Until Revival Conference Greenock, Scotland

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 2 Days Until Revival Conference Greenock, Scotland

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/revival/greenock_reg1.gif[/img]

A baptism of holiness, a demonstration of godly living is the crying need of our day.
- Duncan Campbell

A revival almost always begins among the laity. The ecclesiastical leaders seldom welcome reformation. History repeats itself. The present leaders are too comfortably situated as a rule to desire innovation that might require sacrifice on their part. And God's fire only falls on sacrifice. An empty altar receives no fire!
- Frank Bartleman

We cannot organize revival, but we can set our sails to catch the wind from Heaven when God chooses to blow upon His people once again.
- G. Campbell Morgan

If revival is being withheld from us it is because some idol remains still enthroned; because we still insist in placing our reliance in human schemes; because we still refuse to face the unchangeable truth that, 'It is not by might, but by My Spirit.'
- Jonathan Goforth

I read of the revivals of the past, great sweeping revivals where thousands of men were swept into the Kingdom of God. I read about Charles G. Finney winning his thousands and his hundreds of thousands of souls to Christ. Then I picked up a book and read the messages of Charles G. Finney and the message of Jonathan Edwards on 'Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God,' and I said, 'No wonder men trembled; no wonder they fell in the altars and cried out in repentance and sobbed their way to the throne of grace!'
- Leonard Ravenhill

Revival is when God gets so sick and tired of being misrepresented that He shows Himself.
- Leonard Ravenhill

2008/11/22 6:00Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: 2 Days Until Revival Conference Greenock, Scotland

"Great Reviver Oh how we need you" -Ron Owens

2008/11/22 13:04Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

2008/11/22 19:07Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I really encourage the saints to intercede on behalf of this city (Greenock) and scotland, there is a godlessness here that I have not witnessed before in my life.

May God send revival for His Names sake!

2008/11/23 3:28Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Keep praying saints!

2008/11/23 16:49Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
I really encourage the saints to intercede on behalf of this city (Greenock) and scotland, there is a godlessness here that I have not witnessed before in my life.

Praying for you all brother

2008/11/23 17:02Profile

Re:

Quote:

Yes, I agree. On Saturday we walked through the mall and did a bit of shopping. I was able to just watch the crowds come and go for quite a while and my heart just broke for these people, especially the young people. Of course with it being Saturday there were a lot of teenagers hanging out there. Their faces were so empty and lost. The effects of living in a society that has denied the existence of God in it's school system has resulted in godlessness and meaningless in the lives of the youth. These people desperately need God. We need an awareness of the awesome presence of God, a revelation of the holiness of God that brings conviction and repentance of sin. Pray for the mighty Name of Jesus Christ to be lifted up and exalted in the Inverclyde area. Pray for Glasgow, Port Glasgow, Paisley, Greenock, Gourock, Dunoon, and many other small towns and villages.

"[b]Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth[/b]: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously.
11 Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof.
12 Let the field be joyful, and all that is therein: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice
13 Before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth." Psalm 96:10-13

2008/11/23 17:51
JoanM

Re: Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth:

There is much broken and lifting prayer going on (conference prayer call). We expect live prayer with some in Greenock tomorrow in the conference prayer call. We are finding much unity in [b]corporate prayer[/b]. Today included Psalm 100 as a culmination of your posted Psalm, Joy.

Even prayer at my church included prayer for Greenock and cleansing from the sin of unbelief. On the way home from the service I heard a Christian preacher (Alester Begg) mention Scotland’s great need (!) in a sermon that included the Divine Love of God. This man preached some Washer points after Atlanta. I wonder if he visits this site or what.

I have noticed recent threads on SI like "Intercession For Revival". I am still trying to make sense out of the body of threads on this site.

Wonderful things I saw and heard today worth considering in prayer: a reader-board: "God sends away empty those that are full of themselves." And “"Among those who are near me I will be sanctified, before all the people I will be glorified."

If you pray in Hymns and Songs: Lift High the Cross, All Praise the Power of Jesus' Name, Crown Him with many Crowns, and Thank Him All the Earth.

We all look forward to seeing, on a live web-cast (or in video), all the meetings with God in Greenock. But oh, to read Headlines of Him moving there in my local newspaper.

2008/11/23 19:39Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Alistair Begg

Quote:
the way home from the service I heard a Christian preacher (Alester Begg) mention Scotland’s great need (!)

Hi Joan,

Alistair Begg is a tremednous, wonderful preacher. A couple of links for you.

[url=http://www.truthforlife.org/site/PageServer]Truth For Life[/url]

[url=http://www.parksidechurch.com/site/c.iqLRIUOCKtF/b.1464349/k.BF38/Home.htm]Parkside Church[/url]

[i]Alistair Begg came to Parkside as our senior Pastor in September '83. He was born and raised in Glasgow, Scotland, and from there went to Trent University, London School of Theology, and Westminster Seminary.[/i]

2008/11/23 20:31Profile
JoanM

Re: Prayer these days for Greenock meetings

Thank you Brother Crsschk. I have sent him word.

With a link here and to Mary's testimony (as he is from Glasgow where Mary was hiding).

Perhaps he is a man of prayer.
Perhaps not.

2008/11/24 0:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy