SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Please continue to pray for prop 8 - marrigage between a man and a women, the battle is not over yet

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Please continue to pray for prop 8 - marrigage between a man and a women, the battle is not over yet

take action click on the link
http://capwiz.com/afanet/issues/alert/?alertid=12214531&type=ML

Please continue to pray for prop 8 - marrigage between a man and a women, the battle is not over yet!

Please help us get this information into the hands of as many people as possible by forwarding it to your entire e-mail list of family and friends.

Urge Governor, Legislators NOT to oppose Prop 8

November 18, 2008

We have arrived at a most urgent time in history.

Some elected officials in California - the governor and a number of legislators - have decided that the vote of the people means NOTHING.

For reasons known only to them, they have indicated that they want the vote of the people concerning Proposition 8 overturned. To date, 44 legislators as well as the governor are petitioning the California Supreme Court to declare Proposition 8 unconstitutional. Although I fail to see how something that is in the constitution can be unconstitutional, this is what they are advocating nevertheless.

I have never-EVER-witnessed such blatant disdain from elected officials towards a majority of their constituents as is the case concerning the sanctity of marriage.

What we must do is to let our voices be heard-NOW.

I am not suggesting we should take to the streets as the marriage opponents are currently doing. We must make our voices be heard directly by every legislator in California - both in the Assembly and in the Senate - as well as by the governor. We have voted on this issue-TWICE-and it is high time the government of the people, by the people, and for the people be restored TO the people.

Take Action!

Send an e-mail to the governor and your two senators, urging them to heed the voice of the people and leave the Prop 8 language in the constitution.

Forward this e-mail to everyone on your list asking them to e-mail the governor and their state legislators.

Thank you for joining me in this effort to make sure our legislators know that they are in NO position to disregard the vote of the people in a free and fair election. They MUST hear our voices NOW and REPRESENT us.

Sincerely,

Donald E. Wildmon,
Founder and Chairman
American Family Association

2008/11/19 14:13
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Please continue to pray for prop 8 - marrigage between a man and a women, the bat

Praying!!!

2008/11/19 14:34Profile
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

Re: Please continue to pray for prop 8 - marrigage between a man and a women, the bat

I am praying.

If you live in California, click onto the link

http://capwiz.com/afanet/issues/alert/?alertid=12214531&type=ML

and contact your government leaders. Remember that even Paul exercised his rights as a Roman citizen.

2008/11/19 15:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy