SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer requests for me...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Prayer requests for me...

Brethren,

There's a few things difficult to accept when you're in Christ. Matthew 10:34-39 speaks of such a truth will come to pass when you're trully following and abiding the best of your abilities to our Master commands everyday. I'm reading a book written by John C. Maxwell on relationships but more specifically relationships with our family. I read that you should give your time to the your most valuable relationships you have which is your family. I read that you should know and believe your family provides the most valuable relationships in your life. They should come first as you spend your time. This is hard for me to accept because of a few things. What if my family bonds were never good from the get go? Where is the line drawn on this?! What if your parents don't live by their convictions? What if they don't even make time with their family expecially with their kids? My heart is so torn on this issue. I don't even have parents to have dinner with. My dad disowned me for being a Christian, my mom hardly comes through when she says she will. Does this not apply to me? I mean c'mon here.

Ravenhill is trully a man of God I would've loved to be discipled from. He once said, "People can't say 'all I have is Jesus' when they don't." In a way all I do have is Jesus and sometimes having no one on this side of Heaven to spend time with on a daily basis does get old and pretty sad.

I could use some prayers. Please pray that I can have the grace to accept the facts about my family. Please pray that maybe I can have my own family to spend time with. Maybe I'm just being selfish here eh? I should really be praying that God use me here where I'm at in a great way. Sacrificing all you have sometimes really does test your patients and mine is really getting tested. I left everything behind to follow Him. I pray for persecution of the American church. I pray for more radical Christians to rise out of the dead church. I stay up all night to pray at times. I lead in soooo many ministries sometimes I ask myself why do I do what I do? I would really appreciate your prayers alot. It's not easy being a prophet of God. It's a hard mantle to keep conditioned. Thanks.

In Christ,

A.B.L.

2008/11/16 8:19

Re: Prayer requests for me...

Amor,
I can relate to rejection from family and loneliness. Loneliness is not pleasant. God said it is not good for man to be alone. Sometimes we are alone though. A psalm says that God sets the solitary in families.

Remember Jesus said his yoke is light and his burden is easy and come to me all who are weary. Remember Martha and Mary? You sound like Martha. That means you need Jesus. I need Jesus too.

I've been lonely for a long time. I've started learning that I was envious and covetous of other people who had families and family dinners and people they loved waking up in the same house with them every morning. I used to go for walks at night and pass by people's homes and see them through their windows and wish that I was inside with them. God solved loneliness for Adam. He can solve it for me and you. God is close to the broken-hearted. I hope that God leads you to peace and close godly friendships Amor! - Ben

2008/11/16 13:38
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Amor and benjoseph...

I am praying for both of you. You might get lonely, but always remember that you are not alone. He will never leave us nor forsake us.

Psalm 139

2008/11/16 15:00Profile

Re:

God is truly good and amazing!

It has been a while now since I posted this thread and I could confidently say that all is well! I've been listening to Chris Tomlin's song 'I will rise' lately and it has reminded me on how God is soveriegn over all things, ALL THINGS!

There's a peace i've come to know
though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an echo in my soul
I can sing, It is well
Pre-Chorus:
Jesus, has overcome
and the grave is overwelmed
The victory is won
he is risen from the dead

Chorus:
And I will Rise when he calls my name
No more sorrow, No more pain
I Will Rise, on Eagle's wings
Before my God fall on my kness, and rise
I Will Rise

I'm married now with a wonderful Christian young lady. She's 23 and I'm 26. We got married last month. We've known each other for 2 years. God has truly lifted this burden from me. "No more sorrow, No more pain." Praise God! He is soo good!

John 12:23-26 Jesus replied, "The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me."

It's not until your dead to self is when God lifts you up. You have to give up to go up!

May this be an encouragement to those who read this thread that there is hope in God!

1 John 5:4 ...for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world...

Read it, grab it, embrace it, and believe it! We're all victors in Christ!!! Thanks for all who made time to pray for a fellow brethen in Christ.

He is risen!
A.B.L.

2009/4/2 18:56

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy