SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Billy Graham Replaced by Gay Priest

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Billy Graham Replaced by Gay Priest

A conservative Christian activist says it's a sad omen for the Obama administration and the United States that Barack Obama has been seeking guidance from the Episcopal Church's first openly homosexual bishop.

The Times of London reports that the president-elect sought out New Hampshire homosexual bishop Gene Robinson for advice three times during his presidential campaign. Robinson, whose ordination in the Episcopal Church has caused a deep rift within the Anglican Communion, was reportedly sought out by Obama to discuss what it feels like to be "first."

Robinson notes in their three private conversations, Obama voiced his support for "equal civil rights" for homosexuals and described the election as a "religious experience." Peter LaBarbera, president of Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, believes Obama's consultations with Robinson show the true tenor of his upcoming administration.

"It looks like Billy Graham has been replaced by a gay bishop. We're moving to, perhaps, our first anti-Christian president; it's beyond post-Christian. Gene Robinson advocates homosexuality as part of the Christian experience," he explains. "Now Bible-believing Christians cannot accept that. Homosexual practice is sinful, as taught by the scriptures. This man [Obama] pretends to be faithful to Christianity, even as he works very hard to undermine it."

LaBarbera suggests Robinson may possibly replace Jeremiah Wright as one of Obama's main spiritual advisers. Wright was Obama's Chicago pastor for 20 years before disassociating with the controversial preacher during the presidential campaign.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Default.aspx?id=315364

Krispy

2008/11/12 15:37
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Billy Graham Replaced by Gay Priest

Well, I don't know a lot of reasons why things happen the way they do, we just have to trust the Lord I guess. I do feel that God can "if he wants" set folks up to fail to humble them or for whatever reason. I did not vote so I have no right to complain or cheer, but I did not like either of the candidates. IMO God is still in control, he did not loose any of his authority just because Obama was elected, let's let God work and see what happens, you never know he can turn bad into good "if he chooses". :-)

2008/11/12 17:07Profile
GodsFire

Re:

Excellent Post MrBillpro,

I feel, and it is only my deep feelings that the conservative and liberal status with the issues are not ours as saints living in Christ

:-o :-)

2008/11/12 17:18Profile
passerby

Re:

Let's treat the man kindly, there is no reason yet to burn the 'bridge' completely. As it is written:

1Co 5:9 I wrote to you in my letter to stop associating with people who are...

1Co 5:10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are ... In that case you would have to leave this world...

Rom 12:20 Then "if one hostile to you hungers, feed him; if he thirsts, give him drink; for doing this you will heap coals of fire on his head.

Rom 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome the evil with good.

Perhaps if we will be considerate with the man, a time will come when...well I am really thinking about Daniel, Nehemiah, and Joseph... who knows.

Let us take heed or else we might just invite unnecessary distrust, contempt, or trouble. Just like the captives of Israel in Babylon had been admonished, let us not fear but live peacefully in the land of our exile.

2008/11/12 19:32Profile
Greenlea

Re:

Quote:

passerby wrote:
Let's treat the man kindly, there is no reason yet to burn the 'bridge' completely.

Perhaps if we will be considerate with the man, a time will come when...well I am really thinking about Daniel, Nehemiah, and Joseph... who knows.

Let us take heed or else we might just invite unnecessary distrust, contempt, or trouble. Just like the captives of Israel in Babylon had been admonished, let us not fear but live peacefully in the land of our exile.

Just to add a thought real quick and for what it may be worth to some. (hopefully people won't go off on me)

On October 14 I had a vision of Obama sitting in Air Force One and on the 17th I had a dream in which a young lady told a group of women that Obama would be president and that he would fulfill all the Lords' purpose and will.

As passerby says let us 'take heed' and pray without ceasing for the [u]leaders[/u] of this great nation, but our trust must be in the Lord.

Remember that, 'What is impossible with man is possible with God.'

As for me and my house we will serve the LORD!

just my $0.02

2008/11/18 2:35Profile
missonminded

Re: Billy Graham Replaced by Gay Priest

wow thats sad... but either way, we must pray for obama as the bible tells us to pray for our officials/rulers etc., who are in office...we should be praying for him as fervently as many did for bush etc.
in fact this article shows us how we ought to be praying even more so!

2008/11/18 4:46Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Bush is still President - pray for him

Obama has not yet been sworn into office. If the Birth Certificate business does not resolve in his favor, we may yet get McCain.

Just a thought.
white stone

2008/11/18 10:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy