SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Those found in the Book of Life

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rbanks

Those found in the Book of Life

Regardless of how you view the elect, the bible is clear about salvation by grace through faith. We know without the Grace of God everything would be in vain. Grace is made available to those who believe, not to those who refuse to believe.

The bible speaks much about faith. I will mention a few scriptures of many.

Romans 12:3 (KJV) For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. Why of faith? One might have expected the expression to be, "of grace," as in ver. 6, "according to the grace that is given to us;" or as in Eph 4:7, "according to the measure  , as here of the gift of Christ." It seems to be because by faith we become receptive of the grace given to each of us. Hence the faith assigned by God to each is regarded as "the regulative standard; the subjective condition" (Meyer) of the several gifts or graces. Cf. also Mt 17:20 and 1Co 13:2, where miraculous powers are spoken of as dependent on the amount of faith. Tholuck explains thus: "Faith in an unseen Christ brings man into connection with a world unseen, in which he moves without distinctly apprehending it; and in proportion as he learns to look with faith to that world, the more is the measure of his spiritual powers elevated." -Pulpit Commnetary

Romans 4:13 (KJV) For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Romans 4:16 (KJV) Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Romans 10:17 (KJV) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Hebrews 11:6 (KJV) But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

1 Peter 5:9 (KJV) Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

1 John 5:4 (KJV) For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Revelation 3:5 (KJV) He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

According to the scriptures our faith must become active in Christ and His Word. We cannot please God without an active faith in His Word that results in obedience. Our faith is to increase. We are to resist the devil in faith. We are to overcome through faith in Jesus Christ.

We have access to the grace of God by faith. The Word of God speaks volumes about the importance of our faith. The just shall live by faith. We do not walk by sight but by faith. It is impossible to be saved apart from faith in God. We must humble ourselves placing our faith in Christ and use our faith to resist the devil to live as overcomers or otherwise we will not be found written in the Book of Life.

2008/11/12 8:26Profile
My_Daughter

Re: Those found in the Book of Life

Daughters found in the Book of Life

Do you have any scripture’s that speaks about the daughters of faith, and how there lives are found in the book of life?

Mary
Mary Magdalene
Tamar
Rahab
Mary
Ruth
Bathsheba
Abigail
Rachel
Leah

How are there lives significant in this book? And how am I or my coming daughter able to relate to there lives?

2008/11/12 11:22Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy