SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Just thinking..

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EvangelistC

Just thinking..

I was just thinking... What if our country changes so dramatically that Christians must die for their faith? What if persecution arises to the extent that we may no longer freely proclaim the gospel to the lost? What if? Does that make the power of God of no effect? Does that limit the Holy One of Israel? Shall we not be obedient unto death if need be? I was just thinking...

2008/11/6 17:53Profile
passerby

Re: Just thinking..

Christians are dead men already. Someone who does not realize this, must pray for a revival.

2008/11/6 20:35Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Well, maybe there are Christians in the west who have died for their faith already, it might just be that it has not been made known.

As far as persecution goes, we should have learnt by now from Christians in communist and islamic nations, who have been persecuted and put to death for their faith for decades.

Had they hid their faith, they would not have been persecuted or might still be alive today.

Here is a scripture that I do not like, but, it says what it says, Rev 13v7, 'It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tounge, and nation.'

Scripture tells us that he overcomes the saints, that's what I don't like about it.

It doesn't mean the power of God has no effect, it means prophecy is being fulfilled, as it did when the Lord Jesus Christ was crucified.

Obedience unto death? The apostle Paul tells us in 2 Cor 11v1 to imitate him as he imitates Christ.

Consider Christ's obedience concerning the cross.
We should be obedient unto death. That is what the Christian walk consists of.

11 of the 12 apostles were martyred.

Much to think about. Much.

2008/11/7 11:06Profile

Quote:
I was just thinking... What if our country changes so dramatically that Christians must die for their faith? What if persecution arises to the extent that we may no longer freely proclaim the gospel to the lost? What if? Does that make the power of God of no effect? Does that limit the Holy One of Israel? Shall we not be obedient unto death if need be? I was just thinking...

If that ever did happen... so what? Kill me. To die is gain. I've been in situations where my life could have easily been taken from me. It's terrifying when you're without Christ, but with Him? Not a big deal.

Krispy

2008/11/7 11:44
boG

Las Vegas, NV

Re:

Quote:
11 of the 12 apostles were martyred.

Mind you, the 12th disciple, John, was thrown into a boiling cauldron. Yet, he was delivered out of it as our three brothers were from the fiery furnace ([b]Daniel 3[/b]); that is why John was exiled to the isle of Patmos. At least, that is the record that has handed down through the ages concerning him.

2008/11/7 11:55Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

What an honor it would be to die for the cause of Christ! Of course, I wouldn't choose to die as such (I have a wife...and work to do on earth). But still...

:-)

2008/11/7 12:30Profile

Re:

Quote:
What an honor it would be to die for the cause of Christ! Of course, I wouldn't choose to die as such (I have a wife...and work to do on earth). But still...

Well... when your number is up there isnt anything you can do about it anyway. You dont leave this earth without God being the author and finisher. No one shows up in heaven and hears God say "What are you doing here already??"

Krispy

2008/11/7 13:12
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Krispy...

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

Well... when your number is up there isnt anything you can do about it anyway. You dont leave this earth without God being the author and finisher. No one shows up in heaven and hears God say "What are you doing here already??"

True...but this quote from Sir Stephen Hawking comes to mind: "[i]I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road[/i]."

The ccchhhrrriiisss paraphrase: "Even though my 'days are numbered' and the 'time' of my departure might be known in the eternal, timeless expanse of Heaven, my free will dictates that I still look both ways before crossing the street."

;-)

2008/11/7 13:21Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Concerning the apostles martyrdom, martyrdom was the rule, not the exception.

The apostle John was the exception.

And whilst the 3 Hebrew boys escaped the firey furnace, and Daniel himself was delivered from the lions, Christian were thrown to lions and other wild animals in the arenas of Rome.

Persecution is coming.

2008/11/7 14:06Profile
EvangelistC

Re:

To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.. It's a win-win situation.

2008/11/7 15:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy