SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Barack Hussein Obama Wins - God's Chasetisement to Begin

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Godsfire I am sorry that you are not impressed. As you say you have only been here a few days? Well you have arrived at a challenging time. However please. I am not qualified to speak for SI. There are more regulars here with more maturity in their posts than mine.
I hope you will continue to share what the Lord has shown you. I do mean this. I am not trying to be patronizing.
Welcome and God bless, John

2008/11/5 20:34

Re:

Just saw your edit addition.
Yes I have called President Bush a "fox". I believe it was from the standpoint of how he explained the unity of christian and muslim faith etc.

As you have said our primary focus as christians should be on Christ and revival etc. I think thats what you were trying to point us back to?

2008/11/5 20:42
dohzman

Re:

Quote:
We have told God that mammon means more to us than life. We have told God that we need a saviour other than Jesus Christ. We have brought this wrath upon ourselves.

I trust you are speaking for yourself and those around you, leave me out of that list though, thankyou.

2008/11/5 21:25Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Careful saints. There is some ratcheting up the rhetoric in this that is outside the thrust of the thoughts and intentions of SermonIndex. It would do little good to express redundantly whether or not these things might play out but we might keep in mind that the office is not to be changed over for a couple of months still ...

Mark you calendars and let's revisit this in a year, see where we are at or even sooner if events prove to be true. Right now it is a great deal of speculation.

Just a reminder;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=14144&forum=13&post_id=&refresh=Go]MUST READ: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer / Community Rules[/url]

2008/11/5 22:20Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Barack Hussein Obama Wins - God's Chasetisement to Begin

Hi everyone,

rh200300, can you substantiate the claims that you have made here and are you able to provide sources for the content and claims you have made?

I do not at all mean this as an attack.

Thank you,

Chris

EDIT I want to be clear I'm not trying to attack anyone here. I would be very much concerned [u]for myself[/u] to see concrete substantiation of these things before I mentioned them to others.

2008/11/5 22:33Profile
passerby

Re:

I agree with the moderator, we should not let our hearts wander too much. Whatever concerns we have regarding the recent events, let's submit them to God, we can always hide in His sanctuary.

All posts I appreciate, some with caution, but this moment is a moment that we should spend in our prayer closets or in self-examination.

If we will not be careful, we might as well allow a different spirit that will only spoil us.

2008/11/5 22:58Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
I trust you are speaking for yourself and those around you, leave me out of that list though, thankyou.

dohzman,

I include myself because I also live in this country and there have been times that I have not stood against the darkness for the Truth that lies within. By not disagreeing, I have agreed. By the things that I have owned I have made others envious. Things that I have said and done or worn have spoken louder than the Christ that is within me. There are times when I have walked right by people in need - not even pausing long enough to see the need. Yes, I too am at fault.

Oh Father, forgive us for these things that we have done in your Name. For putting ourselves above the needs of others. For not allowing you to purify us so that you could shine forth. For letting our selfishness cloud the beauty of your amazing grace. No wonder they went looking for another Saviour and value money more than life. Show us our sin Father, so that we may repent. Cleanse us Father, so that through us others may be brought unto Thee. Heal our land O Lord. I pray these things in the Precious Name of Jesus.

2008/11/5 23:21Profile

Re:

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=282808

2008/11/5 23:47
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: catholic forum

Hi rh200300,

I went to the site that you provided the link for. I saw what appeared to be an identical post to the one you posted here and also some others asking for some facts concerning these things.

Given the nature of these claims I would ask to see source material substantiating the claims also. If I missed this somehow please let me know.

Thank you again,

Chris

2008/11/6 0:02Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
It would do little good to express redundantly whether or not these things might play out

Mike is right. I think it bears repeating that political discussions are not encouraged here, as this is a Christian forum and not a chamber for worldy speculation, vain wrangling and earthly fear...which is often what political discussions morph into if given enough time. Yes, Obama has been voted president elect of the USA. It happened, the people voted, God allowed it, and the torch is being passed from Bush to him in this little place on earth called Vanity Fair where we as pilgrims on route to the Celestial City must pass via the King's Highway.

Drive on saints. Progress. Don't become entangeld in worldy affairs, but rather do what the Word says and study to live peaceful, quiet lives and pray for the men God has put in authority over us. If we are mindful to do this, the Lord will grant us peace in our hearts no matter what the outcome.

Can we do this, and let God be God? I know whom I voted for, you know whom you voted for, and we know the whole world lieth in darkness. Let's be lights now, and not political gossip mongrels, not busybodies, not worldy conjecturers. There are plenty of other forums for that, but SermonIndex is a special place, wholesome and honorable in God and we should endeavor to live by faith and not by sight as we sojourn here.

Saints, God is in total control. These are amazing times that demand our utmost sobriety in Christ. Take heed of yourselves and the thoughts and anxieties you allow to beseige and besmudge your minds and hearts. Preserve them instead for God and His Word.

Brother Paul

2008/11/6 1:19Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy