SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : President elect Barack Obama

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Compton

President elect Barack Obama

I happened to come across this listing of scriptures dealing with the Christian's posture towards praying for our government leaders. Tonight's election outcome dramatically underscores that the Christians chief contribution to government is not the power of the vote, but the power of prayer. To that end, and in accordance with God's word, I sincerely wish to honor and pray for Barack Obama, the President Elect of United States.

"Don't withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in the power of your hand to do it." Proverbs3:27

"I exhort therefore, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and givings of thanks, be made for all men: for kings and all who are in high places; that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; who desires all people to be saved and come to full knowledge of the truth." 1 Timothy 2:1-4.

I pray that our soon to be President and government leaders will

Love the Truth:

"And with all deception of wickedness for those who are being lost, because they didn't receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. Because of this, God sends them a working of error, that they should believe a lie." 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12.

Have Wisdom:

"Get wisdom. Get understanding. Don't forget, neither swerve from the words of my mouth. Don't forsake her, and she will preserve you. Love her, and she will keep you. Wisdom is supreme. Get wisdom. Yes, though it costs all your possessions, get understanding. Esteem her, and she will exalt you. She will bring you to honor, when you embrace her." Proverbs 4:5-8.
"Your commandments make me wiser than my enemies, for your commandments are always with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers, for your testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the aged, because I have kept your precepts." Psalm 119:98-100.

Display Courage and Integrity:

"He who walks blamelessly walks surely, but he who perverts his ways will be found out." Proverbs 10:9.
"The integrity of the upright shall guide them, but the perverseness of the treacherous shall destroy them." Proverbs 11:3.

Be Sharp In Insight and Quick in Discernment:

"Test all things, and hold firmly that which is good. Abstain from every form of evil."1 Thessalonians5:21,22.
"Beloved, don't believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." 1 John 4:1.

Surround themselves With Good Staff Members and Advisers:

"Blessed is the man who doesn't walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the way of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers." Psalm 1:1.
"If a ruler listens to lies, all of his officials are wicked." Proverbs 29:12.
"For by wise guidance you wage your war; and victory is in many advisors." Proverbs 24:6.

I pray that our leaders will recieve God's Protection Over Themselves and Their Families:

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we won't be afraid, though the earth changes, though the mountains are shaken into the heart of the seas; Though the waters of it roar and are troubled, though the mountains tremble with their swelling." Psalm 46:1-3

I pray that the Lord will strengthen the Church specifically in the United States to be an example to the nation by her honor, her courage, her wisdom, her selflessness, her peacefulness, her courage, and her consistency with the character of Christ, and the principles revealed in God's word. May she honor Jesus Christ more then herself, and fear God more than man.

Let every soul be in subjection to the higher authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those who exist are ordained by God. Therefore he who resists the authority, withstands the ordinance of God; and those who withstand will receive to themselves judgment. For rulers are not a terror to the good work, but to the evil. Do you desire to have no fear of the authority? Do that which is good, and you will have praise from the same, for he is a servant of God to you for good. But if you do that which is evil, be afraid, for he doesn't bear the sword in vain; for he is a minister of God, an avenger for wrath to him who does evil. Therefore you need to be in subjection, not only because of the wrath, but also for conscience' sake. For this reason you also pay taxes, for they are ministers of God's service, attending continually on this very thing. Romans 13:1-6

Blessings precious saints,

MC

2008/11/5 0:25Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: President elect Barack Obama

Amen.

2008/11/5 0:37Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Amen and amen.

2008/11/5 0:46Profile
JoanM

Re: the needful prayer

[i][u]“the Christians chief contribution to government is not the power of the vote, but the power of prayer.”[/u][/i]

By the Grace of God, NOW the prayer that go goes up will be prayer, not that this man or the other is elected, but prayer and repentance that leads to revival.

2008/11/5 0:56Profile

Re: President elect Barack Obama

God bless you brother Compton.....let us pray for our leaders, let us not be hypocrites in this, but simply fulfil the mandates of Scriptures.........brother Frank

2008/11/5 1:01
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Praying for the future President...and for the lives that can be impacted by any of his decisions (including the lives of the unborn). I remember that the heart of the King is in the hand of God -- and He can turn it as He wills.

What a great testimony it would be if Barack Hussein Obama would truly meet Jesus! Perhaps there is a Paul out there who would be willing to speak the truth to him? Anyone want to "appeal unto...the President?"

;-)

2008/11/5 1:20Profile

Re:

Sometimes the truth is a hard pill to swallow, and I have to admit that the original post on this thread is just that... a hard pill.

But truth is truth, even when I dont like it.

Thanx for posting this.

Krispy

2008/11/5 8:05
mamaluk

Re:

MC

Praise God for your leadership in this manner. :)

MZ

2008/11/5 8:34Profile
rbanks

Re:

Amen! Thanks for the positive post about our responsibilities as Christians.

2008/11/5 8:56Profile
GodsFire

Re:

what a blessedness to actually pray for our leaders instead of railing and uttering offensive gestures and thoughts in our hearts.

God Lives!

God Almigthy allowed Israel to have & choose whatever Kings they wanted not only by vote, but by the condition of their heart.

Morality is the issue because, it is through this issue coupled with real fervent prayer which we Americans if you will, will receive from God whom and what we choose....

We choose our leaders according to what we want as humans, and as secular as it might seem, it is God our Father of our Lord Jesus Christ has allowed for such a time as this...

let us ensure we do our part, pray, and pray until we really find ourselves praying, I will say again, we have one foot in the depths of love for the world, and we are trying, but not hard enough to get the other foot in heaven. We are trying to hard to get our feet in heaven by carnal and half-hearted measures.

Don't take my word, really look at yourselves, and you will continue to see just how we, not so much the church, but I and we are lacking an affectionate love for Jesus...

I am ever still attempting to digest such my own Mess, but I ask a friend and brethren, what is it that we are actually seeking for? Do we seek Jesus? His friendship?, His presence?

OR,

Are we hyped or happy about the idea that we are right in our menial conversation and arguments...... I sense a deep shallowness about our lives and intentions, and many of you all will say speak for yourself, but please let us pray until something really happens.....

As Paul Washer stated, we must sacrifice if we want such anointing and if we want to truly say like Paul, " I no longer live, but it is Christ who lives IN me, and the life that I now live, I live by faith in the Son of God who Loved me and Gave himself for me"

With Love Family,

2008/11/5 10:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy