SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Great Whore of Revelation 17

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

This interview of Pres. Bush with Charlie Gibson should clarify the Pres. position on muslims and christians praying to the same God. He says we do pray to same God and that muslims and christians both go to heaven. If this link dosen't work just go to youtube and type in "bush on god" and you'll see the interview pop up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l_nUibzvAI

2008/11/5 7:04

Re:

Quote:
This interview of Pres. Bush with Charlie Gibson should clarify the Pres. position on muslims and christians praying to the same God. He says we do pray to same God and that muslims and christians both go to heaven. If this link dosen't work just go to youtube and type in "bush on god" and you'll see the interview pop up.

The only way one can say that we all pray to the same God is if you remove Jesus Christ from the equation. Jesus said in [b]John 14:6[/b] [i]"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."[/i]

Most of you know me well enough to know that I will never put myself in a place of judgement over someone's heart who claims to be a Biblical born again Christian. All I can say is I do not know if President Bush is truly saved or not.

Having said that, if he truly believes that Muslims and Christian pray to the same God... he is wrong, and he does not understand who God is, and is horribly scripturally ignorant.

Now... Ginny asked about supporting Israel politically. My support for Israel is not based on politics. Never has been. The fact that Israel became a nation again after WWII after being wiped out 1,938 years ago is a miracle and a fulfillment of God. Do they serve Jehovah at the present moment? No, not as a nation. But their eyes will not be opened again, according to scripture, until the very end. But the stage is being set.

Do I think the USA should support them? Yes, because God said in [b]Genesis 12:3[/b] [i]And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.[/i]

But more than that I believe Christians should support Israel, as well as individual Jews based upon this scripture. I am [b]not[/b] a proponent of "replacement theology". God has still made promises to Israel as a people, and He has not turned His back on His word.

As far as Jews joining forces with Muslims and Catholics... that will never happen. Jews and Muslims will never come together. At the end of time the nation of Israel will stand [b]alone[/b], and God will be their salvation. Even the USA will turn it's back on Israel.

And not to get into politics, but if you look at the men who have had tremendous influence on Obama... there is a long history of anti-semitism. Rev. Wright, Farrakahn, Jesse Jackson... etc.

Krispy

2008/11/5 7:39
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi thingsabove...

Quote:

thingsabove wrote:

Actually, this is what I was trying to address in my last post. We have all been guilty of saying things that we probably shouldn't have said. Is this a final indictment on the President -- of simply his words?

Do you work? Do you work in an official capacity at any job where you are not the boss? If so, you know the danger of saying something that you believe personally while serving in an official capacity. I know that this is difficult to understand for some people. I worked at a state university for several years. When I either worked in an Archives...or teaching in the classroom, I wasn't permitted to share everything that I thought about this world, its systems, its religions, its culturees or even its leaders. To speak like that would have been resulted in, according to the University, the misuse of my position to preach opinion.

Does a doctor who is performing an initial health screening at a major hospital for a woman who wants cosmetic plastic surgery for vanity's sake immediately stop and preach that it is selfishly immoral? While he certainly shouldn't lie...you understand that he was hired for a job to represent his Hippocratic Oath AND to represent the hospital. In interviews with the President, a very confrontational media asks questions to a President in which he answers from his official position. He knows that the world is watching. So the temptation might be there to NOT say what HE thinks, but what the position of the government might be. Could you imagine the world's reaction if he said, "[i]I think all Muslims are worshipping a false god and Muhammad was a lying, self-absorbed pedophile[/i]"? It would have been honest (at least from what we know to be true), but I have a sneaking suspicion that there would be many more planes hitting buildings. Hopefully, you can see the temptation of a flawed man in answering such pointed questions.

Quote:
This interview of Pres. Bush .... should clarify the Pres. position on muslims and christians praying to the same God.

This is what I think is dangerous. Why should this clarify his actual position? What if it were a slip of the tongue...or a giving in to the temptation to not offend Muslims? Have you actually contacted the President or his office and asked him about it? There is a danger in jumping to conclusions -- even based upon the things that we "see" or "hear." Somehow, our reasoning is based upon our senses, rather than our wisdom. This is why the Antichrist will be able to deceive so many with lying signs and false wonders: People are moved by their senses mingled with their own understanding.

Your statement could be applied to David's sin with Bathsheba. Did his actions "clarify" David's position about adultery? Or was he simply caught up in sin? Did Peter's "live like a Jew" instructions to Gentiles "clarify" Peter's position about our physical conduct? No, because even he himself was living like a Gentile...and he already knew that he should not call something unclean that God has made clean.

Do you see the difference? An answer...or even a series of answers...might not actually "clarify" anything that we believe. How many times have individuals on this wonderful website's forums given very well written and articulate answers for which they later repented? We are all flawed men...and we have all been guilty of saying or doing something that we hope wouldn't "clarify our position" on such things. Words are very powerful...but they are also quite deceptive. If one listened to some of Obama's speeches, you would think that he truly wanted to save the lives of unborn babies! Yet his positions are clear by both his actions, his long history in the Illinois state legislature, and by what he says when he isn't trying to obtain the votes of those who don't approve of abortion. The same can be said of every candidate...and even every man. It is unwise to believe that their words can actually "clarify" anything less we fall more readily to deception.

Please don't misunderstand me: I don't approve of or agree with what the President might have said in this interview. I just don't think that it is wise to think that such an interview should actually "clarify" his own personal position on anything.

2008/11/5 11:42Profile

Re:

Quote:
To speak like that would have been resulted in, according to the University, the misuse of my position to preach opinion.

Yet, anyone who has ever been in a University knows full well that that only applies to Christians. If you're an atheist, or a Muslim, or and evolutionist... you can say whatever you want. The blackboard is your pulpit.

Mention the name of Jesus in an honoring way... oh, thats not allowed.

Krispy

2008/11/5 12:03
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Actually, Krispy, this was the rule for anyone in our University (regardless of faith, nonfaith or ideology). Of course, those with tenure know that they can "bend the rules." Yet a Muslim professor was actually fired for sharing his beliefs a few years ago in the same University (and department, no less).

But yes, there is an unfair practice of applying such a "standard" to Christians. Perhaps it is because we are the "evangelical" ones?

2008/11/5 12:07Profile

Re:

Chris and everyone else. Allow me to try and "clarify" what I was pointing out.
This is the "Presidents" opinion, belief as the "President". He answered this as the "President" Now the civilian George Bush may in his heart believe differently.

I honestly do not know his heart of hearts.
However we can test words spoken by Him or anyone by the true word, scripture.

Billy Graham has said essentialy the same thing in interviews with larry king.
So when we have folks of "high" authority saying these things we christians in "lower" authority need to be able to defend the true faith once for all delivered to the saints.

I have been deployed to Iraq twice. I am very aware of many of the ins and outs of public statements vs private beliefs. I am aware of the possible consequences of what certain public statements could bring and then jepordize the mission at hand.

Also let me say that I am very glad that George Bush has been our president. I like him alot. However I can still respectfully disagree with statements he makes as the "christian" president when they do not reflect accurate christian faith.

If I were the President I would like to think that I would answer it something like this.

"Well the Koran say's not to pray in or to Jesus name. The bible declares the opposite.The bible also says you must be born again to enter the kingdom, the koran teaches you do not have to be born again. So in my private faith on this matter I would say no we do not pray to the same God and many muslims will actually tell you we do not pray to the same God. Now do I then say o.k. lets kill em all? Absolutley not. Our war is on TERROR not on Islam." Now again I am speaking as the PRESIDENT and I am saying it would be nice if I could voice it something like I have.

Again not sayong it clarifies his private position but it does clarify his "public" postion.
For what it's worth, John

2008/11/5 13:00

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy