SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Run TO, Run FROM, or Run WITH

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Run TO, Run FROM, or Run WITH

What I have to say in this message is simple. We are hearing so much these days on "true and false revival", end-time deception, and many other forms of warnings and cautions. And Praise God, it is all good and necessary. As you can see in even my writings, I am very intense about staying true to God, His Word and His Spirit to prevent deception and unpreparedness.

I just finished reading a "prophetic warning" and a teaching about the various goings-on in the present "revivals" we have all been hearing about. With that teaching was a video clip of a certain woman speaking about "super-natural phenomena", like gold dust and diamonds appearing, etc., etc. After this, I said to my dear Bonnie, you know...I'm not running to or running from, but I'm RUNNING WITH.

I'm running with God. I'm running with Truth. I'm going forward with God's Word revealed and close in hand. I'm going forward with God's Spirit leading, strengthening and dealing with me each step of the way...keeping me in tune with God and His endtime purposes.

You know what...? God can certainly do all those things that we hear about in these various revivals and ministries. He can cause laughter, "drunkenness", shaking, angelic appearances, gold dust appearing, etc., etc. Can He not? Of course He can. Furthermore, to be quite honest, I've never heard Patricia King say anything "unscriptural" or glorifying to the devil, or unglorifying to God. I just haven't.

At this point I can not in all good conscience...call her, or anything, or anyone else FOR CERTAIN that it is of a demonic or deceptive origin...as far as "manifestations" or "supernatural phenomena" goes. And do you know what...I don't have to...until and unless God reveals it to me specifically.

But, what I DO is keep focused on God's Word...Holy Spirit revealed "present Truth." No matter what the manifestations and outward activities are...is the Truth being preached and upheld as the most precious commodity and foundation? Now, this is why I will not necessarily "run TO" these ministries or ministers. Because they stray from certain Truths and various foundational Biblical patterns.

Amos 4:6,7,8 "And I also have given you cleanness of teeth in all your cities, and want of bread in all your places: yet have ye not returned unto Me, saith the Lord.

And also I have withholden the rain from you, when there were yet three months to the harvest: and I caused it to rain upon one city, and caused it not to rain upon another city: one piece was rained upon, and the piece whereupon it rained not withered.

So two or three cities wandered unto one city, to drink water; BUT THEY WERE NOT SATISFIED: yet have not returned unto Me, saith the Lord.

Here we see the futility of Christians running to and fro trying to get a taste of revival, and some chance of the refreshing of God's Spirit. God is even soveriegnly allowing these scatterings of revivals to test His people and show them the error of their ways. Because even when they did find a revival, and got into some "move of the Spirit", they were still not satisfied!

Why do you suppose this was? It is because that even in their being "rained upon" and enjoying various refreshings of the Spirit, they were still not truly "returning to the Lord", getting to know Him, and cleaving to Him. And THIS is what is happening in the Church world right now. Those that are not rooted deeply in God -"as the Fountain of Living Water", are either hewing out "cisterns that hold no water", or running to those who are building them.

Jeremiah 2:13 "For My people have committed two evils; they have forsaken Me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

The fact of the matter is that God's people are TO BE the "cantainers" that hold the Waters of His Spirit! We are to BE the very "tabernacles" of God ...of diety, of the indwelling of the fullness of His Spirit. But God manifests Himself to those who delight in HIM...and HIM-alone. Those that "run to Him", desiring to KNOW HIM in Spirit and in Truth. He comes to indwell those that are truly His, which is proven in their following Him...and not every rumour of "revival" that tickles their fancy!

This very running to and fro after revival and the "scatted showers" of God's Spirit shows a lack of connection with Jesus and the God Whom they claim to serve. It shows that the indwelling of God, which should satisfy from the INSIDE, is sadly lacking in the experience of these Christians.

John 4:13,14 "Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall giver him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall BE IN HIM a well of water springing up into everlasting Life.

John 7:37 "In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto Me and drink."

What I "run TO" is Truth. I run to Jesus...Who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. I run to God, as He reveals to me Who He really is...in the True understanding of His Ways. Not some "three person god", but the One and only God...Who is the eternal, omnipresent Spirit...Who gave birth to a Son...Who is now giving birth to many sons. Hebrews 2:10,11

Jeremiah 9:24 "But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understands and knows Me..."

But I don't feel to "run to" these revivals or meetings that are going on at various places. I just don't have to. I am having a "revival" of Truth, as God is faithful to "keep me posted" on the True perspectives of endtime happenings, and is preparing me for the "Day of the Lord" which is now upon us...even at the door, and about to unfold in fullness. Glory for the people of God, but darkness and judgment for the ungodly. 2Thess. 1:7-10

What I "run from" is misinterpretations and carnal preferences of God's Word. What I run FROM is denominational and man-made creeds and dogmas that are contrary to Biblical, Holy Spirit revealed foundational Truth...as set forth by the original apostolic fathers, and as patterned in the early Church (book of Acts).

What I Love and what I am impressed by is Jesus...the Way, the Truth and the Life. That is what I RUN WITH. And the "voice of a stranger I will not follow." I'm too familiar with His!

The mixed multitudes have always been either "following Jesus" because of the miracles, or to have their carnal needs met (John 6:26,27), but I follow Him to "feed upon Him" and to partake of that "meat that endureth unto everlasting Life, which the Son of Man giveth unto me: for Him hath God the Father sealed."

Please forgive me for all the "I"s. But, it is necessary to relay to you what I am feeling and wanting to share with you. It is sincerely hoped that you will be able to relate and identify with this in an edifying and encouraging way. All that they had to do in Noah's day is GET INTO THE ARK. And there is a "revelation of Jesus Christ" in this hour that is drawing God's true sheep INTO the Ark of His true Body.

There is going to come forth a True manifestation of the Glory, Power and Truth of God's Kingdom...the "revelation of Jesus Christ"...the revealing of the "manifestation of the sons of God". THIS is what I want to be a part of. This is what God has made me zealous of and uncompromisingly focused upon.

I will "run with Him" toward this goal of the "high calling of God in Christ Jesus."....you wanna come along? Praise God!

I trust that this little word of encouragement will help you.

2008/10/30 17:53
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Run TO, Run FROM, or Run WITH

Quote:
You know what...? God can certainly do all those things that we hear about in these various revivals and ministries. He can cause laughter, "drunkenness", shaking, angelic appearances, gold dust appearing, etc., etc. Can He not? Of course He can. Furthermore, to be quite honest, I've never heard Patricia King say anything "unscriptural" or glorifying to the devil, or unglorifying to God. I just haven't.

He does no such thing.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23445&forum=35]Not drunken, as ye suppose[/url]

The prophetic imaginations put forth by her and others are nothing short of extreme foolishness, there is no defending it.

2008/10/30 23:08Profile

Re:

Quote:

crsschk wrote:
Quote:

He does no such thing.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23445&forum=35]Not drunken, as ye suppose[/url]

The prophetic imaginations put forth by her and others are nothing short of extreme foolishness, there is no defending it.

Why would they have thought they were drunk? They must have been acting like drunk people.

I've been to a lot of Pentecostal "Holy Ghost" meetings and they can be pretty wild and exciting. Haven't you?

I wasn't necessarily defending her, I was saying those things don't necessarily vindicate that God is with you...even though God can certainly be in them. TRUTH is the main vindication of God's favour.

So how do you judge how far one can go in prophecy or excitement or manifestations? What's your spiritual berometer for these things?

2008/10/31 1:48
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

3rddaymsngr wrote:

Quote:
So how do you judge how far one can go in prophecy or excitement or manifestations? What's your spiritual berometer for these things?

The Bible?

2008/10/31 3:13Profile

Re:

Quote:

Miccah wrote:

3rddaymsngr wrote:

Quote:

The Bible?

Now If I would have answered like that...I would have been accused of preseumption, arrogance and..."who are you to think you have the right interpretation of the Bible."

In another section I said, "as taught by the Bible'...and everyone had a fit.

2008/10/31 10:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy