SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : On the Lighter Side

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
riki

Sweden

Re:

Quote:
He pointed his finger at the dog. "Heel!" the pastor commanded.

The dog immediately jumped on a chair, placed one paw on the pastor's forehead and began to howl.

The pastor looked at his wife in shock and said, "My goodness! He's Pentecostal!"

:-D :-D That was a good one! Very graphic, if I may say so. (Just picture the dog howling... :-D For your information, I am Pentecostal by origin myself...)

2004/5/30 13:31Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: A 'Lofty' Idea

Alright, Greg put me up to this...
From a message I had sent him yesterday:

[i]"Building a new 'loft' for the kitty over my 'new/old' monitor, she is rather perturbed about this recent development since her old loft was flat and kept her precious fur nice and warm. The new one is of a rather uncomfortable configuration so with the go ahead from the building department and proper permits I can resolve this problem and make sure the princess is content and comfortable, otherwise there will be ...to pay! LOL"[/i]

It is now complete and she is beyond content in her new suite. It even has holes in it to give it just the right comfort level.[i]Good grief...[/i]

She has more names than I can number and are always evolving into something different. Officially it was 'Wolfe' (Followed us home on Halloween) then changed again to 'Josie'. I call her 'boozser','knucklehead', 'Kitty Monster', 'Pretty women'...She is without a doubt the epitomy of a sinner, though I think she is saved. Fun and sweet and act's like an overgrown kitten. But also either the worlds greatest hunter or the vermin and birds around here are really deficient in their development, in other words [i][b]slow[/b][/i]. I mean she's a [i]white[/i] cat, how much of a dead give away is that?
:-)

She truly has brought us an incredible amount of joy and love, a gift from the Lord, without a doubt. She is "Daddy's girl". (No matter what anyone else says)

Pictures to follow...

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/cat01.jpg[/img]

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/cat02.jpg[/img]

2004/5/30 13:40Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Mike got this image and wanted to share it.. quite amusing.. hehe

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/july/killer.jpg[/img]

2004/7/26 15:33Profile
moreofHim

Re:killer biscuit

Thank you for posting this. It is so appropriate at this time for me. Sometimes our minds imagine much more than what is reality- especially for us blondes. :-)

In Him, Chanin

2004/7/26 16:29Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

This certainly seems to be a genuine threat to take seriously. One can never be too careful.

[b]Warning to dog owners[/b]

I had to forward this to you. Even if you don't own a dog, it is important for you to read the note and look at the photo. You'll understand why when you see it. This came from a big collie breeder in Oxford, Mississippi so, I know this is an accurate alert. Regardless of what breed we have, I agree that we can't be too careful.

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/july/cat03.jpg[/img]

hehe this was shared with me by a precious brother that attends Times Square Church in NYC.

2004/7/27 23:33Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Brilliant :lol:

2004/7/28 14:51Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Warning Label on industrial-strength detergent: "If you cannot read English, do not use this product until label has been explained to you."

2004/8/17 14:30Profile
Paulus

Celbridge Kildare Ireland

Re: New punchline

This punchline works better I think.

The pastor says " O no I've bought a Pentecollie"

Maybe ?

2004/8/18 3:48Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Our brother Ron Bailey passed this one on to me with the phrase:

"we like to think we are a fairly open society over here..."

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/august/secretsign.jpg[/img]

2004/8/18 9:41Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

A serious thread brought this old story to mind...

the preacher had bought the horse of a pentecostal pastor. "you'll be fine" said the pastor "I trained him to obey voice commands. If you shout 'Hallelujah', he will go like the wind, but if you shout 'Praise the Lord' he will stop on a button."

The preacher rode away and decided to test his new horse. "Hallelujah" he cried and the horse went like the wind... He galloped for a mile and realized he was heading towards a precipice. The preacher learned back and pulled hard on the reins. "whoa" he shouted "stop, whoa." The horse ignored him and hurtled towards the cliff edge. Suddenly the preacher remembered..."Praise the Lord" he cried and the horse skidded to a halt right on the edge of the drop.

"Wow, just in the nick of time" cried the preacher, "Hallelujah!"

2004/11/8 7:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy