SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Washer: What Role Should Women....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Washer: What Role Should Women....

I listened to the Revival Conference via my computer. It was a very inspirational time - something I did not really expect could be possible by sitting in front of a screen. But it did happen, PTL!

When the Q&A time came I was a tad bit surprise when a question came up about women and their role. My initial reaction was "Oh no! not again!" I get quite weary with the subject, but what Bro. Washer said resonated with my own spirit. Greg posted this session on SI, I listened to it and transcribed it and here it is for your consideration.

Question: What role should women take in preparing the church and hearts for revival?

Paul Washer:
That's a wonderful question and I will not balk on this or take a step back for a truce with my culture.

First of all I would like to say this: one of the most neglected thing in all the church today is the lack of theological training for women. What I mean by that - when women have conferences, usually it is about "Chicken Soup for the Soul", or something very superficial. Women need to be taught theology, they need to be taught the attributes of God, the doctrines of justification - everything that men ought to be taught.

Now the women's role in the church: The family is one of the most neglected and despised institutions today because of radical feminism and the emasculation of men.
My wife - I consider to be a godly woman. She considers her primary task is to stand beside me in my calling to advance the calling of God. And that is by being a theologically sound, devoted wife who also has the charge of one of my most precious treasures on earth, second only to my wife, which are my children.
One of the problems we have is the church is so busy doing the work of the mother and of the wife. If women were to dedicate themselves to the ministry of their husbands and dedicate themselves to raising up a godly heritage unto the LORD, it would free the church to do more work in evangelising the lost and spreading revival.

The end.

Any Comments? I have plenty but allow an AMEN to suffice for now.

ginnyrose

2008/10/29 9:07Profile
moreofHim

Re: Washer: What Role Should Women....

I loved what Paul Washer had to say about the role of women. A couple of weeks ago, I just went to the [url=http://www.truewoman.com/]True Woman Conference[/url] put on by Nancy DeMoss of [url=http://www.reviveourhearts.com/]Revive Our Hearts[/url]. It was pretty much on this same subject- getting back to true biblical womanhood- being a countercultural woman.

Sometimes it seems that in the name of religion or revival christians (men and women) tend to forget that other than their own walk with the Lord, their families come first. What comes to mind as an example are some of the missionary couples of the past (famous ones) that have left their children behind in a boarding school while they go and evangelize the world. What about training one's own children and evangelizing them?

Both can and should be done- but in God's order. Could I offer that when the family gets back to it's biblical foundation, the church will follow. When the family is reformed and revived, the church will follow.

In Him, Chanin

2008/10/29 12:13Profile
repentcanada

AMEN. thank you for this sister ginnyrose. THIS IS TRUTH.

your comments are so good, I put it on my blog in its entirety

2008/10/29 12:29Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Chanin wrote:

Quote:
What comes to mind as an example are some of the missionary couples of the past (famous ones) that have left their children behind in a boarding school while they go and evangelize the world.

It is still being done in some places, or at least it has in my lifetime with mixed results. The reports we would get from a family that did this left me grieved.

Washer said:
Quote:
First of all I would like to say this: one of the most neglected thing in all the church today is the lack of theological training for women. What I mean by that - when women have conferences, usually it is about "Chicken Soup for the Soul", or something very superficial. Women need to be taught theology, they need to be taught the attributes of God, the doctrines of justification - everything that men ought to be taught.

And it is this very thing (self-centered topics aka "Chicken soup" themes) why I dislike women's meetings when we go to church conferences. When you express your opinions on this matter they will look at you cross eyed... :-? and then you go and try to be a good sport! But seriously, too many women are into a 'feeling' theology: they do not think with their brains and it is no wonder males do not care to hear what they have to say! Ok, I will quit my rant....Actually, I would guess most of the females on SI are not of this sort - these forums are not touchy-feely. Thanks, Moderators!

Seriously, how can one change this mentality? I well remember when our children were small that one day I became aware that I knew very little other then what my children did. When this realization hit me, I was appalled and worked to change it. Now in retrospect, I would guess this was the work of the Holy Spirit, nothing less. hhhmm - sounds like we older sisters have a huge mission to work at in our own churches...

ginnyrose

2008/10/29 14:21Profile
Compton

Re:

For Americans, men as well as women, it sounds like Paul Washer is saying that 21st century adult day care Christianity could learn a thing or two from 19th century frontier Christianity.

Well, amen to that.

MC

2008/10/29 14:56Profile
bible1985

Re:

awesome, where can i find that question and answer again.

2008/10/29 16:49Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

bible1985,
Here is the link where you can listen to the entire Q&A: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=17390

ginnyrose

EDIT: The question about women is the second question asked and answered.

2008/10/29 18:29Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Washer said:

Quote:
Women need to be taught theology, they need to be taught the attributes of God, the doctrines of justification - everything that men ought to be taught.

I love this statement. This is so basic to ones spiritual life, so simple. If one has a grasp of the attributes of God, it will answer a lot of questions that arise in the course of living. If this is the way God thinks then how will I respond to this situation if this is the case? If one would appropriate this concept to its fullness, all the self-help folks and their publishers would be jobless.

Consider the love of God. In order for this to have any meaning, one must also be aware of the wrath of God. One without the other is meaningless. Now what provokes God's wrath? Read the Scriptures and you will see. Simple. So simple even a child can understand this. Actually, I think the Enemy uses well educated scholars, theologians to impress the lay people to get them confused, thinking this is all beyond their ability to understand; intimidating folks which makes them look unto the professionals for the answers to their questions not realizing it lies all within the Book and is easily understood with diligent search and prayer.

My thoughts...
ginnyrose

2008/10/29 22:39Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
If one would appropriate this concept to its fullness, all the self-help folks and their publishers would be jobless...intimidating folks which makes them look unto the professionals for the answers to their questions not realizing it lies all within the Book and is easily understood with diligent search and prayer.

I've sometimes wondered if the emergence of Christian psychology and counseling is partly due to the modern churches lack of discipleship mentoring---in other words Christians are not being guided into their new life with a mature older saint. So, in order to be able to talk to about their tough issues they find a willing counselor to meet that basic and very real need. People with needs feel like something is wrong with them; they are made to feel alone and desperate in their modern growth churches for a lack of healthy personal discipleship relationships as found in the previous church ages.

(edit: To put it another way, many of the needs that the modern counselor relationship meets today, was met in previous centuries through the discipling relationship.)

MC

2008/10/30 0:07Profile
HopeinChrist

Re:

Quote:
I've sometimes wondered if the emergence of Christian psychology and counseling is partly due to the modern churches lack of discipleship mentoring---in other words Christians are not being guided into their new life with a mature older saint.

Quote:
they are made to feel alone and desperate in their modern growth churches for a lack of healthy personal discipleship relationships as found in the previous church ages.

I think you're exactly right. We have moved far away from true spiritual fellowship and discipleship within the body of Christ. In the message, Future Trends in the Body of Christ Art Katz speaks of the importance of dwelling and communing in such a way that we truly know one another. The facades we can put on for a meeting once or twice a week will not work when we live and work together in the ups and downs of daily life. Think of how many stumblings could be avoided if we knew each other in such a way as to recognize when one of us was even slightly veering off of that narrow path. In true fellowship we should be able to recognize it within each other quicker than we would recognize it in our own self. But most today do not want to be known that well by our brothers and sisters in Christ. We are happy with our facades and arms length fellowship. As a woman many years into my walk with the Lord I would love to have older women who could disciple me as well as younger women that I could disciple too. But we are too wrapped up in the world's system for that kind of relationship. Most relationships within the church I find to be very superficial.
In Christ
Hope

2008/10/30 6:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy