SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : UK: No God - Probably (but Maybe There Is)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
itg3712

UK: No God - Probably (but Maybe There Is)

UK: No God - Probably (but Maybe There Is)

Atheist campaign in the UK has its doubts. It declares that there is probably no god (at the risk of offending the God who is there)

See:
[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7681914.stm]'No God' slogans for city's buses[/url]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7681914.stm

If there is a God and we're accountable, then be prepared.

Where did we come from and where are we going? God knows.

"...the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane..." (1 Timothy 1:9)

"For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ". (John 1:17)

2008/10/28 8:55Profile
Limey153

Berkshire, England

Re: UK: No God - Probably (but Maybe There Is)

How incredibly sad. If only they knew what they are doing instead of being so utterly blinded by ignorance and rebellion.
:cry:

2008/10/28 9:37Profile
saltlicker20

Grand Saline, TX

Re: UK: No God - Probably (but Maybe There Is)

This is sad but clever.

I really appreciate Dawkins' quote in the article:

"This campaign to put alternative slogans on London buses will make people think - and thinking is anathema to religion"
Professor Richard Dawkins

One of the most beautiful things in the world is a man fully in love with thinking about the Lord - especially the thoughts about Him that can not be be explained easily.

May it awaken the sleeping thought lives of those brothers and sisters who will get the opportunity to share and defend Truth in love.

I have always found any publicity about the Lord to be beneficial in creating conversation about the Lord.

-DO

2008/10/28 11:20Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

"There's probably no god. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life."

It's about time the atheists came clean about why they deny the existence of God: "Now stop worrying and enjoy your life". Nevermind all the scientific arguments, it boils down to this- "I want to do whatever I want, whenever I want, with (or to) whom ever I want." No accountability.

Proverbs 21:2
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the Lord pondereth the heart.

2008/11/4 23:09Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

[b]The complete slogan reads: "There's probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life."[/b]

Oh how tragic, may rivers of water run down our eyes for they keep not God's law.

2008/11/5 9:04Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
"This campaign to put alternative slogans on London buses will make people think - and thinking is anathema to religion"
Professor Richard Dawkins

This is another of Dawkin's blatant lies. He uses it to comfort himself and others like himself. A truly analytical mind sees anathema in atheism. And though God by His Holy Spirit must draw a person to Himself, it is beyond obvious that their [u]must[/u] be a God. This is also the testimony of God in Romans 1.

2008/11/5 9:15Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Having been born and brought up in England, I have seen over the years the downward spiral of spiritual life in this country.

Blasphemy has increased over the years, and now it is even more or less coming out of the closet and saying what they have always wanted to say.

It reminds me of Psalm 2, 'Let us break Their bonds in pieces and cast away Their cords.'

This is God's reaction, 'He who sits in the heavens shall laugh...'

We read much of the destruction of the wicked in the word of God, but still we are to snatch them out of the fire as God wills.

Pray. That's what we need to do.

God bless.

2008/11/5 9:30Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

enid,

You live in UK..could these posters be the springboard for starting conversations with strangers about God? Here in the states some people have interesting bumper stickers or plates on their vehicles. They are making a statement. Since this is the case, most would welcome a comment from others. The other day I saw a pick-up with a plate that said "Do not let a hearse be the first to carry you to church" or something like that. Now when that driver came by to where I was, I asked him about it. He informed me he was a preacher of a church....

Get the idea? You could start by asking this person what he/she thinks about that poster? This should spark some interesting conversations...

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/11/5 14:09Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Pray for my friend Richard, who preaches on the London busses and trains most days during the week for a couple of hours.

I don't think that Richard Dawkins will accept the challenge and preach his atheism on the busses.

narrowpath

2008/11/5 18:48Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Quote:
Pray for my friend Richard, who preaches on the London busses and trains most days during the week for a couple of hours.

I don't think that Richard Dawkins will accept the challenge and preach his atheism on the busses

Richard needs prayer, he is a mighty man of god!

Back to the buses issue

Ps 14:1 - Show Context
To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, They have done abominable works, There is none who does good.

Psalm 2
1 Why do the nations rage, And the people plot a vain thing? 2 The kings of the earth set themselves, And the rulers take counsel together, Against the Lord and against His Anointed, saying, 3 "Let us break Their bonds in pieces And cast away Their cords from us." 4 He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; The Lord shall hold them in derision. 5 Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, And distress them in His deep displeasure: 6 "Yet I have set My King On My holy hill of Zion."

7 "I will declare the decree: The Lord has said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You. 8 Ask of Me, and I will give You The nations for Your inheritance, And the ends of the earth for Your possession. 9 You shall break F1 them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them to pieces like a potter's vessel.' "

10 Now therefore, be wise, O kings; Be instructed, you judges of the earth. 11 Serve the Lord with fear, And rejoice with trembling. 12 Kiss the Son, F2 lest He F3 be angry, And you perish in the way, When His wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him

We sometimes forget how mighty our god is, he created the universe which even the best human satillite new horizons, we cannot even get out of our solar system.
Does not the Lord laugh at Richard Dalkins foolish effort! To me it would be more an opportunity to evangelise as it reminds people that there is a god,

C S Lewis said I think it is like writing darkness it does not blot out the suns light.

Psalms 19:1-6
1 To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork. 2 Day unto day utters speech, And night unto night reveals knowledge. 3 There is no speech nor language Where their voice is not heard. 4 Their line F15 has gone out through all the earth, And their words to the end of the world. In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun, 5 Which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, And rejoices like a strong man to run its race. 6 Its rising is from one end of heaven, And its circuit to the other end; And there is nothing hidden from its heat.

The heavens declare the glory of god! Have we forgotten the glories of creation what are some old buses to the glory of his handiwork.

As Richard Dalkins is that fool in Psalm 14,
I want to glorify god, as his name will be forgotton in eternity

2008/11/5 19:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy