SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : urgent prayer for my dad

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

urgent prayer for my dad

Please pray for my dad who is experiencing severe abdominal and back pain. They left for the emergency room just a little while ago.

Thank you for praying.

2008/10/27 2:14
bonni

montana usa

Re: urgent prayer for my dad

Dear Joy, I am praying for your Dad, please do keep us posted ,love Bonni

2008/10/27 2:17Profile
JoanM

Re:

Praying and remembering the spiritual war and that [b]the Throne is occupied[/b]

2008/10/27 2:31Profile

Re:

They did an EKG to rule out an heart attack (praise God that is not the case). Pray for the doctors to have wisdom as the search for the root cause of his pain.

Quote:

JoanM wrote:
Praying and remembering the spiritual war and that [b]the Throne is occupied[/b]

Thank you so much for praying. And yes! Our God is one His throne!

2008/10/27 3:03
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Praying

2008/10/27 5:03Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Praying!

Could not help but think of the many verses in scripture where there is the phrase "and after this", especially that one in 2 Chronicles 32 when after all the faithfulness and accomplishments for the glory of God, Hezekiah and Judah were threatened by Sennacherib...
but thank God we know how that turned out.

God so mightily used your Dad during the conference in the moderating of each session with such sincerity, simplicity, and God honoring, self crucifying care and concern that we know the author of this attack, but as has been stated, we also know who is on the throne.

I will call the church to prayer this A.M. also.

Clint

2008/10/27 6:10Profile

Re:

Thank you so much for praying. They said at the ER that it was some kind of intestinal problem (probably brought on by some popcorn that he ate) and it would eventually go away. So around 5:30 or 6am they came back home and he and my mom have been trying to get some sleep. He was still having problems on the way home but I don't know if those have gone away since then.

Thanks again for praying. We still don't know exactly what it was that caused this intense pain but we're so grateful that it wasn't a heart attack.

Our family is still in North Carolina at my dad's sister's place. We were planning on heading home today...but our plans have been slightly changed. Would appreciate continued prayer for guidance and protection from the Lord for our family and for complete healing for my dad.

~Joy

[edit]We are heading toward home today. [end of edit]

2008/10/27 9:28
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Thank God!

We will continue to pray.

2008/10/27 9:44Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
broclint wrote:
God so mightily used your Dad during the conference in the moderating of each session with such sincerity, simplicity, and God honoring, self crucifying care and concern that we know the author of this attack, but as has been stated, we also know who is on the throne.

Amen.

Continuing in prayer.

2008/10/27 12:30Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Dear Joy,

My prayers as well. I don't have the words but I really missed not being able to attend this year ... so much was said by your father in the post you put up earlier.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=25724&forum=35&start=10&viewmode=flat&order=0

Please keep us posted and saints, pray for this family, for Gareth, Greg, the speakers and all who will be speaking again shortly at the next conference.

2008/10/27 16:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy