SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does anyone know about Derek Prince?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EvangelistC

Does anyone know about Derek Prince?

Can somebody give me some information about Derek Prince? He appears to be a good solid teacher, but it takes about 1 to 2 hours for my computer to download one message. I don't want to waste my time if he is in error.

2008/10/24 11:33Profile
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

Re: Does anyone know about Derek Prince?

I have found him to be a very good teacher. I have read his book, "They shall Expel Demons." It is excellent.

Also, his sermon titled, "God's Heart for America," found on this website is great.

Regards.

2008/10/24 12:11Profile
EvangelistC

Re:

Thank you for the reply. I attempted to download a message of his, but it took about 30 minutes just to get to 7% and then it stopped. No Derek Prince for me I guess.

2008/10/24 12:27Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

I would also recommend the sermon, "God's heart for America." One can see the genuine concern he had for the saints.

2008/10/24 13:20Profile
suzy

Devon, England

Derek Prince died just a few years ago in his 80s, I think - an excellent British Bible Teacher with great insight; he speaks very clearly, simply, yet powerfully.

If you are unable to download messages, you can listen online. If you live in the USA, you can listen to him on different radio stations - you can get a listing of all the stations and times from his web site. I am sure he must be on some of your Christian TV stations in USA. I am sure you will find some way of listening to him, or even getting CDs sent to you. You won't be disappointed; you will learn much and will be challenged!

Suzy

2008/10/26 10:26Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

EvangelistC
If you private message me with your email, I will email you the sermon if it will go through, it's 13 MB.

Suzy is right, you can listen to it online. Here is the secret way of downloading it... Instead of right clicking to download, just left click and listen to it directly. THEN after listening to it, you can go into your temp folder and drag it from there to your desktop!! There you have downloaded it! That should work as well.

2008/10/26 12:55Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Quote:
Can somebody give me some information about Derek Prince?

Like every other minister and message we must be good Bereans and test all things, holding fast to that which is good. No ministry is beyond the careful comparison of scripture. Derek Prince has some very valuable teachings and some things that I could not agree with. As the old timers would say, "just don't go to seed" on any of it. ;-)

2008/10/26 14:02Profile
dohzman

I have a pastor friend from Africa (Peter) who married an orphan girl (Susan) Derek Prince took in and along with her sister raised as his own. I asked about him once. It seems that no matter what his theology was, he had the love of Christ in him to such a degree that the very memory of him conditioned her every thought of him. The mircles and teachings, signs and wonders were over shadowed by his compassion and love, what a testamony! It's worth listening to him teach. You won't be wasting your time.

2008/10/26 17:02Profile
EvangelistC

Re:

Thank you all.

2008/10/27 17:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy