SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Atlanta Revival Conference 2008 Testimonies (share yours)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Sorry to post again, but I forgot the other song. It was "Great Reviver" and not in the 1993 book [u]Return to Me[/u]. Someone who got a copy of it from the Conference may want to post the words... my daughter picked up a copy there, but I do not have it with me.

Clint

2008/10/25 16:58Profile

Re:

Great Reviver, how we need You, We your people seek your face. We need changing, we need breaking, Lord, we need your reviving grace!

Overcome the sins that beset us, Stir us with you holy fire. Melt away the hardness within us, fill our hearts with your desires!

Great Reviver, how we need You, We your people seek your face. We need changing, we need breaking, Lord, we need your reviving grace,

Lord, we need your reviving grace!

~Patricia H. Owens

http://www.owensministries.org/

2008/10/25 18:20
coffee

Re:

Dear Bro Clint and Sis Roniya,

OH MY ...Thank you so very much for taking time out of your busy schedules and posting them for us ...My heart is so full ... These songs are the heart cry of your people oh God!

They are burden cries coming so deep from our hearts oh God, YOUR BURDEN God that you have placed within us.

Grant it Lord, for the sake of a generation that has not known the True and Living JESUS!

REVIVAL .... crying out ....REVIVAL ... Come

2008/10/25 18:28Profile
coffee

Re:

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I haven't posted much in the last 2 years, but for some reason, maybe the conference, and the burden thats so strong for the body of Christ, I haven't been able to NOT reply or respond.

The burden has intensified, and the sound of the warning of the trumpet is getting louder in my ears. We must share the message of repentance in love and compassion to the lost and to the sick part of the body while we can in the freedom that we know to be ours in this country.

I am very hesitant to share these 2 dreams with all of you, but feel compelled to, especially after hearing the messages during the conference.

Please as I share what I know to be from God, I don't want to start any debates on dreams. Just know my heart in this. I don't share with just anyone what God gives, unless He says tell, share...so I am going to share the last 2 dreams that I have had with you.

Dream # 1

The Shaking Has Just Begun .... Dream 5-4-08

I dreamt we were all sitting on a pew in the front of a church. Everyone in our little home church was there. I was wondering what we were doing there... and then I knew we were there for a reason and just for a season.

I looked around and saw people there from our former church. I was wondering about this as the former pastor came walking into the church , I said oh no what is he doing here, as he walked in he called out to a man and said I need to see you in the office now, it's time for a meeting.

God spoke into my heart and said it's a homosexual relationship. I said oh no and as I did I felt the church lift off the ground and begin to spin. I looked out the window and saw the black clouds and the storm all around us and knew we were in a very bad tornado, a very bad storm.

All we could do was hold onto the pews with both hands as the church kept spinning and then we were angled so our heads were facing the ground and the church kept going around and around. I didn't feel any fear, but just a dread come all over me.

All of a sudden I felt the power of God so strong and started to yell out in a loud voice as we were spinning.

I have and am shaking you, I have and am shaking my church, I have and am shaking this world, I have just begun.

Then as fast as we had started spinning, we stopped. I looked out the window and saw we had come completely off the foundation where the church had been sitting on the left hand side of the lot. I saw we had landed on the right hand side of the lot. As I looked I realized that where the church had once been sitting was completely destroyed. Everything around us was and had been destroyed.

God spoke to me and said much of His church has built itself on a false, wrong foundation and God is going to destroy this foundation in the shaking, in the storm.

I got up from the pew and started walking up and down the pews proclaiming the word of God over the people and the church. I can't remember what I was saying but my right arm was in the air and the Word of God was coming forth very strong.

I then turned to the office where the two men had walked into and started declaring the judgment of God on them and their sin.

I turned to the people and said we had been spinning a total of 15 times.

Then myself and the others that were there with me from our little church walked out the door. We were walking on this sidewalk , I heard a sound and it was children singing praises to God, I began to dance with my hands raised to heaven praising God with a loud voice, because the realization hit me so strong that God had kept the children in the storm. They had been in a separate building singing songs and learning about Jesus and never knew that the storm had even hit.

God spoke to my heart and said to Keep proclaiming the Truth, Keep declaring His word, For this shaking, this storm has just begun.

End of Dream

Dream # 2

9/29/08 Word that came to me as I awoke from my dream ...
Judgment Must Begin In My House To Purify, Cleanse and Purge, So Be Not Afraid, Fear Not, For It Is I

I was in my house and I heard something hard hitting the walls on my left, surprised I sat there stunned, not realizing that a storm was outside and starting to hit the house.

Sugars my dog ran to me and jumped in my arms. I held on to her as the walls on my right began to fall apart in a storm hitting on my right. I realized with alarm that the house was being hit with 2 storms at one time, one on my left and one on my right.

As I sat there getting afraid and alarmed watching the walls fall apart on my left and right and everything getting thrown around in the house I tried to use the house phone and my cell phone, but both were dead. I tried to remain calm sitting with Sugars still in my arms, when all of a sudden a very huge funnel of wind came and I knew it was another storm, the third one hit this time picking up the house like a tornado and spinning it out of control.

I still remained sitting in the middle of the house trying to stay calm, but very afraid. As quick as the 3 storms hit it was all over. There was no house left. I was sitting in the middle of a field looking at broken walls and where the foundation once was, empty, the house was nothing but rubble.

I walked over to a closet I saw standing in the distance and opened it and hanging there was a red robe, I put it on, turned from the destruction and all the rubble and started walking up the road looking for my family.

End of Dream.

I knew the Red Robe ....Blood of Jesus ... His Righteousness was all that was going to endure in me and in His church in the coming storms. Judgments.
When everything else is destroyed in our lives ...that is all we need !!!!

Your Sister in Jesus

EDIT >>> Didn't know where to post this so I thought the testimony section would be okay as this is what I feel compelled to share with you as a response to hearing the conference.

2008/10/25 21:59Profile

Re: Atlanta Revival Conference 2008 Testimonies (share yours)

This post is from my dad, Don Courville

---------------------

As one of the moderators of the revival conference in Lilburn I would like to make a few comments on the conference. First, thank you to Greg for allowing my family and me to be a part of the conference. Also working with Gareth Evans in the moderating is a pleasure. I might say that you need to pray for Greg, Gareth, and myself, especially during the conferences as there is continual decision making going on. Also, may I suggest that you hold Greg up in prayer every day.

There is one area I especially wanted to say a word on. While three of the speakers and myself were visiting one morning, one of them mentioned how critical it was to stay in the Spirit (it is a fine line between operating in the Spirit and operating in our gifting). I came in a spirit of fear and spent most of my time in that attitude. I don’t know how to express this except that there is no confidence in yourself and an awareness that at any moment the Lord could expose an area of my heart that I was not aware of. I especially noticed the brokenness in the lives of some that were at the conference. There was brokenness in prayer and brokenness in preaching, and when you see that you will find the power and presence of the Lord. The night after Paul Washer preached, Gareth and I both agreed that there was so much of the power of God present that we felt all we should do was nothing. I asked Paul when he came down if he had given us all God had given him and he said he did. When I shook hands with Paul the last night he was a broken man. Are we broken? When Denny shared the last night he was a broken man taking us into the presence of God by taking us to Christ.

There is so much more I could share about other speakers and leaders, the church staff, the pastor, and members of the church, and some of those attending. I heard of one young man who was asked how God had worked in his life, he said two days ago (being the first of the conference) he was saved. Both last year’s conference and this year’s were good. We learned much and made mistakes, but we felt that God met with us. Pray for us as we leave in less than a month for Scotland. As I’m writing this (10/26) we are outside Charlotte, NC. Pray for us as we head west Monday.

May God bless you as you seek His face.

Don Courville
Isaiah 50:4, 5

2008/10/26 12:51

Re: my testimony from the revival conference

I find it difficult to find the words to adequately express what God did over this past week. But I will try. For me personally, this past week has been a part of a continuing working of God in my life. There are bits and pieces from different messages that were like puzzle pieces that all fit together.

On Sunday my dad gave a message on holiness and in the midst of that message he brought up Romans 12:1-2, [i]“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”[/i]

While I've read that verse many times it struck me particularly about how I need to be willing in my life to sacrifice that which would mar the presentation of my body as a holy sacrifice that is acceptable to God. Francois Carr’s message really spoke to me about the great need in my life for the awesome presence of God to go before me and be in every part of my life.

[i]“First the awareness of His presence - then walking before Him. To have real conviction of sin because we see how He sees. It's not about revival - it's about walking before Him, and if He is pleased, He will send it. Walking before Him moment by moment. What is the use of repenting if we just have to repent again because we are not aware of His presence.” (Heartsong’s notes)[/i] It is the holy presence of God that keeps me from sinning, Pr 16:6 [i]“By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.”[/i] The life of Andrew Murray came to mind and how sensitive he was to the loss of his awareness of the presence of God.

Al Whittinghill’s message was what I called, a message that plows deeply. God worked in my heart a determination to ‘exercise to keep a conscience void of offense before God and man,’ so that I can obey Romans 12:1-2. Here are my notes from this message. Mr. Whittinghill shared so much information and it’s a message that I want to go back over and process so that it goes from the head to the heart.

---
Do I want him the way He wants me to want Him, and am I willing to open up?
Conscience – when your heart condemns you, it can drive us to incredible means to silence our conscience. We’ve taken away the conviction of the Spirit of God and just made people feel good.

The heart problem of today is the problem of the heart.

God would have us with a good conscience. Give no foothold to the devil.

A head full of knowledge and a heart full of sin.

Symptoms of a guilty conscience:
1. You can’t seem to hear God.
2. An up and down walk.
3. No joy, no awe of God, no sense of His presence

If you sit in the dark you get used to it. When we rationalize our sin and compartmentalize it, we lose that conviction of sin.

What will defile my conscience?

1. Tolerating in my life or heart what God has shown me to be wrong. Compromise is never done out of ignorance. It’s easy to compromise and say it’s freedom.

Uneasiness before God. There is nothing hid from God. There’s no such thing as a secret sin (God sees and the angels see also). We need to confess specific sins to God (don’t generalize sin). Do I want him that much that I’m willing to give up what is offensive to God? No sin can exist in the heart of a Christian without our permission. I’m responsible to walk in the light that He’s given me.

2. Unforgiveness

At the bottom of an unforgiving heart is pride.

3. Sins of Omission

Obedience is always active, never passive. Disobedience can be passive.

4. Idolatry

5. Unchristlike relationships

6. Impure or selfish motives

Stop making satisfaction our goal, but focus on the glory of Jesus Christ!

-----

There were two different specific burdens that I came to the conference with, both personally and for the church of Jesus Christ. The first is that we would take the Word of God seriously and obey it. And the second can be summed up in a quote from Dr. Blackaby, ”Is anything happening around your life? Where are the transformed lives around you?” It really was staggering to hear these truths preached upon again and again. Especially brother Paul Washer’s message on how we need reformation in going back to obedience to the Scriptures. God gave me a new determination to focus on the commands given specifically to the Christian in the Bible and not to pass them by but to obey them.

The last evening was very holy and precious. All I can say is that I experienced the divine presence of Jesus Christ in a way that I’ve never experienced before. When Ron Owens opened up the worship time and started singing, ‘Fairest Lord Jesus’, the words of that song became so illuminated to me and all I could do was weep in adoration of our Lord and Savior. And after brother Denny’s encouraging message on revival being Jesus Christ, my heart was full and overflowing with thanksgiving to God our Father for so manifesting His Son for the praise of His glory.

During that last day I thought about how that being at this conference and being involved with it was such a great honor and privilege and I wouldn’t have wanted to be any where else (my brother expressed the same thought later that day). It was so wonderful meeting other believers and fellowshipping with them, and it was also a great blessing being involved on the webcast and fellowshipping with those of you who participated there. And a testimony wouldn't be complete without mentioning the wonderful staff at First Baptist Church and how eager they were to meet the needs of those coming to the conference. They exemplified the love and humility of Jesus Christ with their servant spirits.

How amazing it is that God takes lowly and very needy human beings to lift up and exalt His Son. This conference was truly orchestrated of the Lord for the purpose of glorifying Jesus Christ. Eternity alone will reveal the impact this conference has had and will continue to have on the lives of those who participated in it. God touched my life and I thank Him for that.

One final time...

The cross is bare,
the tomb is empty,
the throne is occupied!

2008/10/26 19:28
JoanM

Re: Reformation Sunday 2008

Just for the record: I think it is the Almighty Providence of God that [u]today is called “Reformation Sunday”[/u] by Lutherans. The first Sunday after the preaching in hearing of many at the conference and now thousands more though downloads of 10 Indictments. May Paul Washer notice that.

[u]Testimony[/u]. For months I have put Old Path quotes into the Bulletin insert where I worship. They are all to encourage prayer and there has been a growth there. This week I was pressed to add the encouragement given, in song, by [u]Ron Owens[/u] at the conference: [b]“The cross is bare, the tomb is empty, the Throne is occupied.”[/b] Although the text that gave a brief bio-identification of him made it into the Bulletin, [u]the quote did not[/u]! As we sang the hymn, “A Mighty Fortress is Our God”, I rejoiced in the truth of the words in that hymn and knew how it was that that quote got omitted. When we sang “Be Exalted, O God,” I knew what to do. During the time in the service for congregation members to give thanksgiving, I thanked God for the truth that [b]“The cross is bare, the tomb is empty, the Throne is occupied.”[/b] A chorus of reserved members cried out “Amen, Halleluiah”, more than those reported in another post. I explained why I was moved to thank God for this Truth and repeated the quote. I saw people pull out the pencils in the pews and one behind me asked for the quote again, which I gladly gave for the third time to all: [b]“The cross is bare, the tomb is empty, the Throne is occupied.”[/b] What Joy on this Reformation Sunday (a shout-out of love to the born-agains in Lutheran congregations that remember such things).

Lesson learned: There is no need to be concerned about “backlash,” should it come, after so many God honoring messages. The Throne IS occupied. Attempts to suppress that Truth will only result it a greater proclamation of it. It is God that makes a way and like Eric Liddell once said, “I can feel His pleasure.”

[Edit: into paragraphs]

2008/10/26 19:55Profile
Fenelon

Re:

These is no arguing with the truth. I was angry at first as I had planned to attend in person but was unable. then I learned that it was broadcast online...thank you Jesus. Although I would have preferred to be there in the flesh, still I was blessed by the messages. So much of what I hear today in christiandom has no edge...no call to repentence...no holy living...no going deeper in the Lord...much bread (word) but little spiritual nutritional value. Too much pop religion...too much entertainment...too much flesh. Not so with the conference. I am still cut to the heart. It is not painful but more like having boils lanced. The Lord put His finger on a number of areas that need critical attention in my life. I do believe that there is more to come before I am absolutely surrendered to Him again. i have strayed and lived more for myself than for him.

One year ago I received a medical iracle..actually a miraculous healing and was spared from death and permanent disability. perhaps it was for such a time as this...for such a beginning as this. I think this conference was a new beginning and it ministered much hope. I look forward to seeing what the Lord will do next..and to pressing in and getting to know Him more. No longer am I pessimistic about the future but filled with hope that in my lifetime I will indeed see a true revival of righteousness in our land.

2008/10/26 20:39Profile
JoanM

Re: Scattered Atlanta Testimony

Here are two links to testimony from the Atlanta Conference on other on-site posts that blessed my heart. One experienced [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=25731&forum=35&0]“major surgery” [/url]and the other is from a 24 year old with a [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=25730&forum=35&1]“list of things to get right.” [/url]

To God be the Glory

2008/10/27 3:37Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Revival Conference Georgia, Oct 21-23 2008
This time last year I was over in Canton, Ohio at the Revival Conference inaugurated by Greg Gordon. It was a wonderful experience, not least because of the opportunity of meeting up with folks with whom I had only fellowshipped in Cyberland. The Revival Conference grew out of Greg Gordon's prayer for a heavenly visitation of God's holy love. Some folks I have known and chatted with for over 4 years but only saw them 'face to face' at Canton. It was a wonderful time and I was the receiver of some wonder American Christian hospitality. Several churches opened the pulpits and their hearts to me and I hold very sweet memories of the time.

I couldn't help but notice that we had almost as many definitions of revival as we had speakers and this continues to exercise my own heart. If there is a link between faith and expectation, as I am sure their is, just what kind of 'revival' are we expecting. The charismatic/pentecostal expectation of revival may well be very different from the second blessing holiness or classical Calvinist. Understanding our expectations is important as the difference between expectation and realization is usually what we might call 'disappointment' or at best 'perplexity'.

I sometimes say that I believe in 'revival' and pray for 'revival' but I have no theology of revival. What I mean by this is that there is nothing in the record of the New Testament which matches the great revivals of 1859 or the Welsh Revival of the early 1900's. Those were sovereign movements of God among Christians of different backgrounds but probably of a similar expectation. These 'classical' revivals have always been marked by a deep sense of God's presence and holiness and an accompanying sense of unworthiness and desperate need on the part of those who prayed. That said, the details of those times were sometimes marked by earnest prayer, or singing or convicting preaching; there is no one pattern. The one thing they do have in common is that there is no equivalent in the records of the New Testament.

Consequently most preaching 'for revival' finds its foundation in the Old Testament and particularly during the period of the divided kingdom of Israel and Judah. This was a period of some about 500 years and it marked by the presence of the 'prophets' Joel, Isaiah, Jeremiah and the like. They brought strong denunciations against the kings and priests of the day and called the people back to the heart conditions demanded at Sinai. The people for their part tended to depend upon the settled institutions of kings and priests and had to be made to see that 'blessing' and the conscious presence of God was not an automatic right of the covenant people. How do we understand the place of the New Covenant people in the light of these things and what do we expect God to do in answer to our prayers.

This year's Revival Conference in being held in Georgia in the USA and is live to anyone who is willing to tune in to the live 'stream' that are available. You will find that live 'feed' at Revival Conference, Georgia USA 21-23 October 2008. If you are able take some time to tune in and perhaps we can talk about it on the Discussion Forum? Can we take promises given to a Covenant Nation State and apply them to Nation States or to Christendom as we find it in the 21st century?

from Ron Bailey's blog here:
http://biblebasesecondthoughts.blogspot.com/2008/10/revival-conference-georgia-oct-21-23.html

2008/10/27 10:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy