Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
psalm1

Re: Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit

quote;

I see this text as a warning not to suppose our "beliefs" of what we think the Holy Spirit would do in a situation. I am not saying though that everything goes and is out of order...we know the Holy Spirit is orderly and respectful. But just because I may not think this is what the Holy Spirit would do, doesn't mean He wouldn't and if I speak against this then I am speaking against the Holy Spirit?

Amen

32And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Sobering?

2008/10/25 4:00Profile

Re:

Quote:

psalm1 wrote:
quote;

I see this text as a warning not to suppose our "beliefs" of what we think the Holy Spirit would do in a situation. I am not saying though that everything goes and is out of order...we know the Holy Spirit is orderly and respectful. But just because I may not think this is what the Holy Spirit would do, doesn't mean He wouldn't and if I speak against this then I am speaking against the Holy Spirit?

Amen

32And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Sobering?

Thats how I see it too. This seems to be a narrow view from what I can tell from most pastors. Many seem to think it means rejecting the savior for salvation threrefore the final apostasy. I am not saying I am right, but open to see and where they get that interpretation if someone could show me how they determine this from this text.

2008/10/25 7:51
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re:

your welcome. I found the Tozer message to be very helpful myself. :-)

2008/10/25 7:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy