SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Preaching/Teaching

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
SonsofLevi

Richmond, Va. USA

Preaching/Teaching

I had a radical conversion experience in Parkside Church parking lot and sat under the teaching of Alistair Begg for the first 3 months until the Lord moved me almost immediately following the anointing of the Holy Spirit. So I have a place in my heart for him. But I've been fed greatly through Watchman Nee, Andrew Murray, T. Austin-Sparks, Stephen Kaung, A.W. Tozer, Vance Havner, A.B. Simpson, Charles Finney, John Wesley, and some of the Christian Mystics such as Jeanne Guyon, Francois Fenelon, George Fox, and William Law. As far as receiving the spirit of wisdom and revelation concerning God's full thought for His children coming unto the fulness of His Son I would have to say of the people we know that T. Austin-Sparks, Watchman Nee and Stephen Kaung teach it well. Nobody magnifies our dear Lord Jesus like T. Austin-Sparks. The important thing in listening to preaching and reading is to know the voice of the Master. God does not anoint the flesh or human wisdom with power. We should learn to exercise our spirits and have our inner ear trained to discern what is soul and what is spirit. Andrew Murray says that one can only receive something according to the power in which it is spoken by the speaker. What is born of the flesh is flesh, what is born of the Spirit is spirit.

2008/10/22 14:18Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Preaching/Teaching

Welcome to SI!! There are great resources
here you will find much anointed, convicting
preaching and teaching from many of the great
men of God that you mention. You may also
want to visit www.austin-sparks.net.

2008/10/22 15:21Profile

Re: Preaching/Teaching

www.whisperingword.com