SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Im confused about were i stand before God.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
honestly im doing better, idk what it is or was, i think it was plain and simple unbelief, not that its simple, lol. although in a sense it is. i need to study more.

We all go through times like these, I think. Even John Wesley went through times like these. The question for us is whether or not we have truly trusted Christ. We are saved based solely upon the finished work of the Cross. Regeneration is important as we well know. But the [i]basis[/i] on which we are saved is the blood of Jesus Christ. Anything else is salvation by sanctification.

2008/10/23 3:47Profile
dohzman

Follow the lamb of God

MattC,
Youve had some good encouragement and it sounds as if you are squared away again. My guess is that there are times and seasons when this has happened in the past. This plan of attack is fool-proof and has never failed in the securing of ones salvation by faith, it has lasted through great trials and tribulations, through the dark ages, hell itself has never been able to destroy the battle plan , as a matter of fact its very design is so simple and was given to us from God while He walked on earth as a man. Joh 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

The whole design of the teachings of Christ are designed to lead one out of darkness, and how exactly is that accomplished? When we "do" them. Sounds simple I know, but as you do the teachings of Christ you'll come to see Jesus and be brough into an intimate walk with God. The very design of Christ's teachings will lead you through valleys of doubt, and self and sins that have to go. The doing of these teachings will lead one to faith in Jesus Christ. Pretty simple really because it's something you can do daily, that helps to keep the focus right.

As an aside note....we see and hear good men talk about everything under the sun, even repentance, but very few teach the doctrines of Christ. But in the teaching of the doctrines of Christ is all you'll ever need for everything. Turn off the cd's and do this, take a tablet and a "red letter" bible(a bible where Jesus' words are in red) and start from Matthew and go through to Revelation and write out the Words of Jesus and watch and see what happens, what an adventure! God Bless.

2008/10/23 6:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy