Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Everything That Can Be Shaken

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:

KingJimmy wrote:
By the way, if you wish to hear other sermons that are very "eschatological" (end-time) in nature, I'd encourage you to take a look at the sermons of Art Katz, available here on SI. For years in my life, I tended to shun anything having to do with the end-times, partially because, I did not understand those things myself. But somebody who made a definite post-trib pre-mill. out of me (the perspective from which I ultimately spoke on in my message), was definitely brother Katz.

His insights, especially regarding the Jews, are extremely precious, and will "shake" you, hopefully, beyond anything I said. Our brother was out in the deep end of the swimming pool in regard to those things, I am merely in the shallow end.

Amen. I believe that what the Lord communicated through brother Art is with vital significance to the body of Christ for the preparation in these last days.

2008/10/17 18:21Profile
sisterBren

USA

Re:

I just wanted to let everyone know Keith Daniel is preaching a message on this tour "The Bride Groom cometh". Its so intence. He says there was a third party. The ones who cried out the warning.Some did not sleep it seems.David Wilkersons news letter headline reads "The End of all things". I haven't read it yet but im sure its right where we are. Lord help those of us who are just waking up. Wow! This sermon is a wake up call.I want to copy it to a cd and hand it out to others.Thank you

2008/10/17 19:48Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

One of the great NT scholars of our time, Gordon Fee, once said that if he were to pastor a church again, he would seek to grow a congregation that had an eschatological (end-time) understanding of itself. Indeed, the more you understand the theology of the apostle Paul, the more you will see there is a major thread of such things running throughout his message to the churches. "The End" is always in his view.

If anything, our churches are becoming more and more fuzzy about the final things. We are so focused on the now. Yet the Scriptures show time and time again, what we believe about the future makes a demand on our actions in the now. We easily brush issues regarding God's eternal purposes off, because they are usually very abstract and controversial. Yet, Paul (and the other apostles) were very much preachers regarding the end times.

Therefore, I am glad to hear Keith Daniels and others are doing such preaching.

2008/10/17 23:30Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Interesting follow up to this sermon... my pastor was out of town when I preached it, and I haven't talked to him since about it. I am told that the other night at church he preached the same message with the same text. God is saying something, isn't He?

2008/10/24 13:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy