SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Video: The Official vs. the Underground Church in China

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Video: The Official vs. the Underground Church in China

Hello...!

Tonight, my wife and I have been watching a program on PBS's FRONTLINE program entitled [i]Jesus in China: Is Christianity Transforming China?[/i]

This was an extremely interesting documentary about the underground Church as contrasted with the "official" state Church in China. It showed actual video footage of the underground Church -- including the places that they have met over the past decade (including caves). It was extremely interesting.

The video shows the persecution of the underground Church -- and how the Communist government is trying to control the true Church while supposedly offering more freedom. The documentary showed how pastors face arrest for preaching -- sometimes in the middle of their sermon!

What made it even more interesting is the fact that FRONTLINE tends to offer a skewed, one-sided and very liberal view on such matters.

Anyway, [url=http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/china_705/] CLICK HERE [/url]to view the video and accompanying information.

2008/10/15 0:29Profile
repentcanada

Re: Video: The Official vs. the Underground Church in China

thanks, great video......

2008/10/15 1:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy