SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : marriage and where i'm living

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bible1985

marriage and where i'm living

I was told by some christian that my demons won't leave until i leave my wife and my parents house. My wife is unsaved and my family , what should i do?

2008/10/14 8:41Profile
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

Re: marriage and where i'm living

Why are they telling you to do this?

Can you tell us more?

How long have you been a Christian?
How did you become a Christian?
Why are you & your wife living with your parents?

2008/10/14 11:19Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I was told by some christian that my demons won't leave until i leave my wife and my parents house. My wife is unsaved and my family , what should i do?

That is false. You need to be in prayer for the conversion of your wife and family. And if necessary spend many years living with your wife and giving her "unconditional" love. If she is willing to stay then you need to persevere by God's grace and love her as Christ loved the church.

Sin in your own heart will allow oppression by demons but you cannot be possessed by demons as a true believer. Let the word of God be your guide and not the suggestions of men.

2008/10/14 11:28Profile
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

Nevermind. I see that you have another forum/thread addressing the details of your problems. It looks like Paul West/Greg Gordon are giving you good advice. I will be praying for you.

2008/10/14 11:29Profile

Quote:

First off, you wont find that kind of advice in the Bible anywhere. You need to adhere to the Bible, not some ignorant "Christian" who doles out ungodly advice.

Secondly, Greg is absolutely right. My wife had plenty of reasons for leaving me when she got saved, but instead she stayed and loved me no matter what. Talk about turning the other cheek... I mocked her faith to her face. Yet she kept on praying for me and demonstrating God's love to me... and eventually I was saved and transformed.

Thirdly, if you're a child of God then you dont have demons. The Holy Spirit and demons can not coexist in a person. It's impossible. This is a lie from the Charismatic/WOF crowd. It's unscriptural to the core.

Some people think that any kind of difficulty in life is demonic oppression, and even possession. WRONG. Perhaps it's God trying to do a work in your life.

Football players dont just join the team and walk out on the field and start racking up tackles and touchdowns! They have to go thru hell first (called training). Hours of conditioning, hours upon hours of drills. Working so hard you throw up, playing when you eyeballs are popping out of your head and your ribs are banged up. Your muscles scream "quit!". But on gameday when you win big... it's all worth it.

It builds character.

Perhaps God is trying to build character in you.

Krispy

2008/10/14 13:04
bible1985

Re:

I will explain my testimony tonight in detail so you can tell me if you consider my salvation experience true salvation or just an awakening as paris reidhead puts it. I have been in question of my salvation for a long time this year, i have wondered how demons could be in my life and still be saved. I know people our questioning demonic activity in my life but you have to understand i know the the difference between physical and emotional problems of the flesh and demonic or spiritual attacks.I have been going through depression and panic attacks many times in my life. I truly believe their is a physical depression which could be becauseof our nutrition that we eat or our bad eating or lack of exercise. Then their our spiritual attacks of depression from evil spirits that do try to make you fear, but i realized this year that i didn't have to listen to it anymore, but the reason why i say its not me and is spiritual is because i would start getting attacked with it harder and harder, not because of me but because of some outside force, yes fear can from my flesh but satan can take it farther to make it worse.I know satan has know power over believers, so i question my salvation.

2008/10/14 19:27Profile
HeartSong

Re:

It IS you - they only have ground if you give it to them - and if you give them a little ground, they will contend for more.

From what you have said, I do believe they are bothering you - when you say things like "I have been in question of my salvation for a long time this year." These are exactly the things they will put in your mind - trying to lure you away from your position in Christ.

Quote:
I know satan has know power over believers, so i question my salvation.

Satan does have power over believers if they give it to him - and by questioning your salvation you give Satan that power - for in not trusting in the saving power of Christ, you turn away from God leaving yourself open to attack. It is unbelief, and it is sin, and that is how they get in.

2008/10/14 19:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy