SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : My marriage is in trouble

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
jesuscansave

My marriage is in trouble

Hi. Please pray for my marriage. The Lord knows all about it but tomorrow is the deciding factor of whether we split up or not. I'm pretty much new to the Faith and my wife is also a Believer. This is my doing as well but it came out of the blue yesterday and I know I'm not sanctified like I should be and I emotionally damaged my wife. I'm a terrible husband and know I need the Power of Christ to overcome. I'm asking that my wife and I fast for 6 days to break this evil spirit tormenting me before we are divorced. Tomorrow she will decide. Please pray that not only does God rescue my marriage but that He also breaks this thing that has power over my life that prods me to speak hurtful words. I feel so dirty inside. I wept last night as my wife stayed at her sister's asking Jesus to just come and reveal Himself physically to me and to deliver me but nothing seemed to have happened. I know He's in control though but I feel so helpless. Please pray for my wife and I.

2008/10/13 19:22Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: My marriage is in trouble

May God meet with you and change you forever. I am sure you are but I counsel you to have a pastor or elder in the area pray over you and meet with your wife.

I pray your wife does not divorce but prays and waits for Gods working hand.

2008/10/13 19:27Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

I will pray for you and your wife.

2008/10/13 21:17Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Believe Christ. Wholeheartedly take Him at His word:

John 7:37  ¶In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38  He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

John 10:10  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

He promises that ABUNDANT life to you and your marriage. Believe it! Receive it! He has NEVER lied, and He is not a respector of persons! His word is just as true for you as it has been for the millions through the ages who have known His deliverance!

Jesus said: Luke 4:18  The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

That deliverance that He preached IS FOR YOU!!! Accept it! Whole-heartedly believe it!

In your believing, don't expect any certain feeling as a sign to you that it has happened. Don't trust your feelings. They may be like a roller coaster ride. Whole-heartedly trust Christ's eternal and powerful words!

1 John 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I will be praying for you.

Sincerely,

Brother Michael

2008/10/13 21:26Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Yes, I will pray.

2008/10/14 1:37Profile
A-Run

India

Dear Brother,

As Greg mentioned, I think you both need to take some counseling from a pastor/elder of a church.
If you attend any church, it would be good for you both to share this problem with the pastor/elders there and I am sure that they will be able to help you.
And please don't take any decision without first meeting the Church authority (Otherwise you may regret the decision later in life).

Love/Prayers,
Arun.

[i][size=x-small]James 5:14-16: 14[/size][/i]
[i][size=x-small]"Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him...And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."[/size][/i]

2008/10/14 2:37Profile

Quote:

jesuscansave wrote:
Please pray for my marriage.

May He be with you both, in this seemingly difficult time.

2008/10/14 4:17
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Dear Brother,

May the Lord have his way in your life, and may He heal and restore your marriage.

Over 35 years ago my wife left me, and she had good reason for doing so. The Lord used all of this, and the conviction of the Holy Spirit came upon me, and I got saved in my own home, praying beside my bed. Even though we have gone through many trials in our marriage, we have both known that divorce was not an option, and today by the grace of God our marraige is better than ever.

Give the Lord first place in your marraige and trust Him to bring about healing and restoration.

We are praying for you and your wife.

In His Love,

Mike

2008/10/14 6:17Profile
jesuscansave

Thank you for your prayers! My wife came home this morning and woke me up to a kiss and said we'd talk once she got back this evening. She said she wouldn't divorce me. I don't think we need counseling though. She's very godly. It's my own personal issues that stem from many many years ago that I always said "was under the Blood" but the effects have lasted until now and have harmed my marriage and my relationships and my walk with God. I never confronted these things but will confront them now and talk with my wife about all of this tonight.This was the first time since my conversion that I emotionally damaged my wife with hurtful things and if you knew her you'd see Jesus in her and I did this for no reason because it's in me and every time I say "I have victory" it rises up and I can't seem to break free but this was the first time I let it actually manifest and I'm so sad that I did this. I don't need marriage counseling but personal counseling but more than that I need to be set free from this bondage that torments me.I hate it. I hate it with all that I am. It's literally all my fault. My wife is so loving she loved me when everyone else would have turned away and she prayed for me often asking God to save me and He finally did when even I thought there was no hope for me to be saved.But my wife prayed through and continued to love me even when she should have left me long ago.Apart from Jesus she's my everything. That's what makes me so sick. It's like I've done all of this to Jesus because when I look at my wife she's just like Him.I need to be delivered. I experience more than temptations in some areas. These are IN me and are dark vile things that God has cleansed me from but some of them come suddenly and I feel like there's no escape even though I know there is. But it feels like there isn't. I don't know what to do to get free. I've always thought counseling was for the weak but I've realized how weak I am so it must be for me. My wife doesn't deserve this and neither does God or anyone else. I want to be free. This has been 15 years of the same life pattern and only in the past few months since turning to Jesus has it changed but it came back one time already with a vengeance and I hate it. Please keep praying for my wife and marriage and for me. I need this deliverance. I don't want to go to Hell, or to lose my Jesus or to ever go back to what I was. Jesus is my only answer but I have such a hard time reaching Him for His Delivering Power. He speaks gently to my heart and loves me and I want so bad to walk with Him bondage free but I keep doing it in my own strength because I don't know how to do it in His like I should. I'm all messed up and need out of this trap of bondage. Thank you for letting me pour out my thoughts. This is a great forum with godly saints. I love you for praying for me especially since you don't even know me. You have no idea how that makes me feel inside. -Jesuscansave

2008/10/14 7:02Profile

Re:

Marriage is not easy. But God knew that when He brought the two of you together. I pray that you get whatever break through you need in your heart, and that she waits upon the Lord in her heart. Depending on what the issues are... a seperation for awhile may not be a bad thing. (Not speaking of divorce, of course. Just mean a physical seperation so that you both have time to seek the Lord)

I can really feel the weight of the situation in your words. I've been there, brother. After my wife got saved I made her life a living hell for almost 2 years.

You can make it thru this. YOU need to change first tho.

There is a movie out right now that you should go see called "Fireproof". Go by yourself.

Krispy

2008/10/14 7:05

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy