SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : It's Revival Or Ruin???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

It's Revival Or Ruin???

I'm concerned about a statement that someone made recently. I totally agree we need revival but the sugesstion that their will be "ruin" is not scriptural. Yes, if there is not revival there will be ruin but the bible never suggests there won't be. It's not something that we create or will ourselves into. It will happen by faith to God's elect.

My concern is that some can get very militant to the point of going around hacking everyone's ears off like Peter with the high priest servant because their king is coming so you better get out of the way!!!

[b] Revelation 21:2
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.[/b]

Their will be revival. The reason I believe we cannot have revival is because we do not believe. You are a new creation. Do you believe this??? Than just walk in it it's that simple.

I also suggest to you that you listen to Carter Conlon again at the last SI revival conference. He made reference to the fact revivals are happening. Another words what are you waiting for?

Ever heard the saying "JUST DO IT?"

2008/10/12 8:36

Re: It's Revival Or Ruin???

Please listen to this sermon again especially if you have not heard it.

Carter Conlon "Let Me Not See My Wretchedness" #10:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=720

Also [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/search3.php?domains=www.sermonindex.net&q=beware+of+the+angry+watchman&sa=Google+Search&sitesearch=www.sermonindex.net&client=pub-2782595449860661&forid=1&channel=3390373323&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&safe=active&cof=GALT%3A%23666633%3BGL%3A1%3BDIV%3A%23CCCCCC%3BVLC%3A666633%3BAH%3Acenter%3BBGC%3AFFFFFF%3BLBGC%3AFFFFFF%3BALC%3A666633%3BLC%3A666633%3BT%3A666666%3BGFNT%3A666633%3BGIMP%3A666633%3BFORID%3A11&hl=en]"Beware of the Angry Watchman"[/url]

2008/10/12 9:04

Re: It's Revival Or Ruin???

Also, I have heard many sermons and many scriptures suggesting that people are not saved in the church. This is TOTALLY true. Their are people not saved in the church but I like this quote by John Owen:

I will not judge a person to be spiritually dead whom I have judged formerly to have had spiritual life, though I see him at present in a swoon (faint)as to all evidences of the spiritual life. And the reason why I will not judge him so is this -- [b]because if you judge a person dead, you neglect him, you leave him; but if you judge him in a swoon,(faint) though never so dangerous, you use all means for the retrieving of his life.[/b]

~John Owen

If you want revival start being a reservoir and be careful your not stuffing up the wells.

2008/10/12 13:30

Re:

I can't get this off my mind. I wonder if alot of us are just weary, frustrated and maybe confused. I like reading Watchman Nee, but I know sometimes even though I know he's right that it's just a matter of accepting who you are and that you no longer live that it just sounds way too simple. Also, we may not like what God puts on our plate. We know we are just supposed to walk but we don't want to walk in THAT we want to walk in something else that we think is so much grander. Typically, the Lord will not give us anything grand until we are willing to accept the crumbs under the table but we don't want to do that, that does not look like revival to us.

What if God calls crumbs revival???

2008/10/13 12:04

Re:

Job 13:15
Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.

2008/10/13 13:11

Re:

Also I certainly hope our prayers are not "give us a revival" but "revive US" or "revive ME!"

2008/10/13 13:44

Re:

Deuteronomy 32:30
How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the LORD had shut them up?

Joshua 23:10
One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the LORD your God, he it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you.

I was just listening to [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=14465&commentView=itemComments] Leonard Ravenhill ~ The Bride of Christ.[/url] The bible makes it clear in Revelation that there will be a bride without spot or wrinkle. This is not a hope it's a fact. There's going to be a wedding. The Lord has been speaking to me about the fact that no matter what, who shows up ect... the wedding must go on. If your wedding were today and noone showed up, got sick, stuck in traffic, bad weather, it doesn't matter there is still going to be a wedding. Would I stop preparing for my own wedding if noone else were prepared? No, because I know there is going to be a wedding. Revival is the same way. It's not going to be "ruin". There is no ruin for the bride of Christ, it's just a matter of are you going to be there?

Here are some great quotes on prayer. Prayer is not something where we cause something that God does not will to come into existance but we agree on what God has already declared in His word.

Prayer is not overcoming God's reluctance, but laying hold of His willingness.

—Martin Luther

I had rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

—Thomas Lye

Israel prevailed with God in wrestling with Him, and therefore it is that he prevails with men also. If so be that we will wrestle with God for a blessing, and prevail with Him, then we need not to fear but we shall wrestle the enemies out of it also.

—Alexander Henderson

Furnish thyself with arguments from the promises to enforce thy pravers, and make them prevalent with God. The promises are the ground of faith, and faith, when strengthened, will make thee fervent, and such fervency ever speeds and returns with victory out of the field of prayer.... The mightier any is in the Word, the more mighty he will be in prayer.

—William Gurnall

Prayer is not appointed for the furnishing of God with the knowledge of what we need, but it is designed as a confession to Him of our sense of the need. In this, as in everything, God's thoughts are not as ours. God requires that His gifts should be sought for. He designs to be honoured by our asking, just as He is to be thanked by us after He has bestowed His blessing.

—Arthur W. Pink

Prayer is not intended to change God's purpose, nor is it to move Him to form fresh purposes. God has decreed that certain events shall come to pass through the means He has appointed for their accomplishment.

—Arthur W. Pink

Prayer is the way and means God has appointed for the communication of the blessings of His goodness to His people.

—Arthur W. Pink

The prevailing idea seems to be, that I come to God and ask Him for something that I want, and that I expect Him to give me that which I have asked. But this is a most dishonouring and degading conception. The popular belief reduces God to a servant, our servant: doing our bidding, performing our pleasure, granting our desires. No, prayer is a coming to God, telling Him my need, committing my way unto the Lord, and leaving Him to deal with it as seemeth Him best.

—Arthur W. Pink

Real prayer is communion with God, so that there will be common thoughts between His mind and ours. What is needed is for Him to fill our hearts with His thoughts, and then His desires will become our desires flowing back to Him.

—Arthur W. Pink

Prayer is not so much an act as it is an attitude—an attitude of dependency, dependency upon God.

—Arthur W. Pink

I have benefited by my praying for others; for by making an errand to God for them, I have gotten something for myself.

—Samuel Rutherford

2008/10/14 8:52
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: On Revival

Thanks, Rebecca, for sharing some things worthy
to consider. What I see is not so much revival
as restoration; restoration of a redeemed people
chosen of God and sanctified by His truth and
His precious blood to be His Own possession.
There will also be a restoration of the kingdom
He has promised and purposed to give His Only
Son and our Savior, Christ Jesus.

2008/10/14 10:41Profile

Re:

Quote:

sojourner7 wrote:
Thanks, Rebecca, for sharing some things worthy
to consider. What I see is not so much revival
as restoration; restoration of a redeemed people
chosen of God and sanctified by His truth and
His precious blood to be His Own possession.
There will also be a restoration of the kingdom
He has promised and purposed to give His Only
Son and our Savior, Christ Jesus.

Amen, I fully intend on going through! Praise the Lord... and we will and are! Present tense...and it's nothing that I do but He's done it all and will continue to for He gets all the glory all the time! Noone will take His glory from Him. There is going to be a wedding and we will be in white without spot. That's something to shout about today. I know I am. I'm praising the Lord today.. I'm so excited!!! Those giants are goin down! :-) It's already been foretold.

2008/10/14 11:43

Re:

Revival only happens to the remnant. If your not a part of that remnant or called to be than there is no revival. My husband and I feel we are called to be prophets in the church we are attending. We have always spoken up when we have seen things going on in the church that shouldn't be. Some maybe would just leave and not feel led to do that and that's ok.

So far we have spoken out against Halloween and because they placed Buddahs on the table at the missionaries conference and gave them fortune cookies. We do not anticipate many of them supporting us. When God tells us it's time to go than we will. But we do not expect revival here. You can't go around expecting professing christians to revive. They may or they may not. Just obey God!

2008/10/18 15:47

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy