Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The nature of our warfare

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
live4jc

The nature of our warfare

Hi everyone,

As we know, Ephesians 6:10-18 delineates the primary 'methods' a Christian uses to fight the spiritual battle he/she is called to. In some ways 'method' seems not the most appropriate term to use. I don't believe we are called to be methodical (as in a step by step process) in our warfare against Satan. In essence, as we love God with all our mind, soul and strength, we end up carrying spiritual battle, as a result.

With these thoughts as a foundation, the question remains, are we as Christians called to use 'methods' (This may not be the best word)in our warfare against Satan ? For example, although I've never read the book, I understand that A.W. Tozer wrote a book called, 'I talk back to the Devil'.
- Do you believe that 'rebuking Satan' is a practice that is desirable/effective, when we sense that he may be attacking us ?
- Are there other practices we should employ in the area of spiritual warfare that are scriptural ?

In general, how do we characterize the 'nature of spiritual warfare' in the life of a Christian ?

In Jesus,
John

2008/10/10 18:50Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: The nature of our warfare

The nature of God's warfare is spiritual. I say, then, walk by the Spirit and you will certainly not carry out the desire of the flesh. (CSB Gal 5:16)

The word method is an excellent word to use! To me, any "method" that is used tends to be run by the mind of man and not by the Holy Spirit. And this has gotten the Western church exactly where we are today, a lethargical church (Lacking mental and physical alertness and activity).

“What the Church needs today is not more machinery or better, not new organizations or more and novel methods, but men whom the Holy Ghost can use -- men of prayer, men mighty in prayer. The Holy Ghost does not flow through methods, but through men." ~ E.M. Bounds

Also, Christians need to read ALL of Ephesians and camp in it because it has the steps from chapter 1 to chapter 6, on spiritual warfare!

God bless you!!

2022/3/17 12:05Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re: The nature of our warfare

Hey John. One thing I like to do is involve God in the battle by praying and declaring His Word over the people and issues at hand. For example Ps 35, the first 10 verses or so. There are other Psalms portion like this. Also. Watchman Nee in his little book 'Let Us Pray', points out that we pray to God,for men, and against the enemy. Psalm 35 does a good job of helping us involve the Most High in engaging the enemy and putting him in his place as we rejoice in the victory.

Just one example.

Rusty

2022/3/17 22:45Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy