SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events :  (The Thread Got Warped...)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
jsisrl

Re:

Quote:

Rivqah wrote:
I'm really concerned for about this idea that if it feels good it's God. If it doesn't specifically do something for you does that mean it's not God? It's not supposed to have an ear tickling effect.

This is the news and current events section maybe you should pray and ask the Lord for your own nitch. Sorry so blunt but you asked for it.

If you want to glorify the Lord may I suggest to you that you find something that does glorify the Lord because this does not. Honestly...

Is it all about you all the time? So who has the problem here? Obviously not me.

Rivqah,

That saying, "If it feels good just do it" was taken by yes you guessed it Karl Marx. That is what's happening Globally and in the churches they have fallen away from the Faith and have engage the Dialectic (Transformational Marxism).

2008/10/7 15:08Profile
jsisrl

Re:

Quote:

JoanM wrote:
Rivqah: Christian CONTENTMENT is that sweet, inward, quiet, gracious frame of spirit, which freely submits to and delights in God's wise and fatherly disposal in every condition. ~Jeremiah Burroughs

On PREPARATION I like: "Prayer is not preparation for the work, it is the work." -- Oswald Chambers.

I also do not get the point of searching out from 1000 living men/women who call themselves “prophet”, who said what, and when, about the events of today. Is the point then that I should believe him/her, follow him/her, give great weight to what they say, run after them? For the record I listen to the preaching of Wilkerson and others. No problem and no glory to them.

I appreciate posts of news about the Kingdom of this World from many angles/subjects. This thread included. However, a glance at the world is enough. I pray the next post on this $ subject is that a US government leader calls for National prayer and repentance because they cannot fix the problems. (Just as another King did: 2 Kings 6:27 And he [the King] said, "If the Lord do not help thee, whence shall I help thee.").

I also understand the sense that one is calling out a warning, a message, and there is a little response. How about this one: PRAY - PRAY NOW - PRAY TONIGHT. It is Revival or ruin.

[Edit] Oh. My. There are a lot of posts added since I read Rivqah’s plan for daily posts, a thought it could help to post this. I will read the others now.

JoanM,

Rather than upholding [b]"Kingdom Now"[/b], but [color=003399][b]Pray Now[/b][/color] Honestly Honors The Real Jesus Christ of The Bible.

God bless you JoanM.

Friend of God,
[email protected]

2008/10/7 15:14Profile

Re:

Quote:

JoanM wrote:

I also do not get the point of searching out from 1000 living men/women who call themselves “prophet”, who said what, and when, about the events of today. Is the point then that I should believe him/her, follow him/her, give great weight to what they say, run after them? For the record I listen to the preaching of Wilkerson and others. No problem and no glory to them.

Who are you suggesting is doing that?Maybe you should take a little vacation from here. Just a suggestion.

:-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

2008/10/7 15:22
HeartSong

Re:

Rebecca,

Are you OK? Are these the words of our Lord? Please pray - something is wrong - I ask this in love.

2008/10/7 15:31Profile

Re:

Quote:
Are you OK? Are these the words of our Lord? Please pray - something is wrong - I ask this in love.

Yea, I wonder about this too... very strange and out of character.

Krispy

2008/10/7 15:40

Re:

Couldn't be better! I don't mean to come off so strong but what Joan wrote was really nausiating to me, very religious and very pious. Not only that it was sloppy and totally inaccurate.

I work a full time job with five kids and I would just suggest to you if all you do is blog all day please atleast do your homework. Not to boast but I post alot better on 4 hours sleep then some of you who don't work and post on 8 hours sleep.

2008/10/7 15:57
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:

Rivqah wrote:
Couldn't be better! I don't mean to come off so strong but what Joan wrote was really nausiating to me, very religious and very pious. Not only that it was sloppy and totally inaccurate.

I work a full time job with five kids and I would just suggest to you if all you do is blog all day please atleast do your homework. Not to boast but I post alot better on 4 hours sleep then some of you who don't work and post on 8 hours sleep.

Rebecca,

The self-righteousness and pride that you are displaying is unbecoming and not in the spirit of Christ.

Repent.

2008/10/7 16:00Profile

Re:

Quote:
Not to boast but I post alot better on 4 hours sleep then some of you who don't work and post on 8 hours sleep.

And you consider this to be a godly way to post on here becuuuuuz.......?

This is a fleshly attitude you're exhibiting.

Krispy

2008/10/7 16:00

Re:

Ughh! I'm off of here.

2008/10/7 16:02

Re:

Quote:

JoanM wrote:
Rivqah: Christian CONTENTMENT is that sweet, inward, quiet, gracious frame of spirit, which freely submits to and delights in God's wise and fatherly disposal in every condition. ~Jeremiah Burroughs

On PREPARATION I like: "Prayer is not preparation for the work, it is the work." -- Oswald Chambers.

I appreciate posts of news about the Kingdom of this World from many angles/subjects. This thread included. However, a glance at the world is enough. I pray the next post on this $ subject is that a US government leader calls for National prayer and repentance because they cannot fix the problems. (Just as another King did: 2 Kings 6:27 And he [the King] said, "If the Lord do not help thee, whence shall I help thee.").

I also understand the sense that one is calling out a warning, a message, and there is a little response. How about this one: PRAY - PRAY NOW - PRAY TONIGHT. It is Revival or ruin.

[Edit] Oh. My. There are a lot of posts added since I read Rivqah’s plan for daily posts, a thought it could help to post this. I will read the others now.

I would like to know from you Joan, before I leave this thread where I ever said that we should "search out 1000 men/women prophets", and that you should "believe him/her.."

This is quite an accusation. Am I the only one reading this?

2008/10/7 16:26

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy