SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Dow Falls below 10,000...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Dow Falls below 10,000...

Dow falls below 10,000

Stocks tumbled today, with the Dow falling below 10,000 for the first time in nearly four years. At one point, the Dow was down nearly 600. The sell-off came despite Friday's signing of a historic $700 billion bailout bill for U.S. financial institutions. European governments also are rushing to prop up failing financial firms, CNNMoney reports. developing story

http://www.cnn.com/

2008/10/6 13:23

Re: Dow Falls below 10,000...

One reason Germany embraced Hitler in the 1930's is because he led them out of the economic nightmare they were experiencing and re-established national pride... even tho he spelled out in his book what he believed and what he wanted to do.

In order for the world to embrace the anti-Christ we must go thru an economic nightmare. Is this whats happening now? Only time will tell, but we as believers should look at this and rejoice that the end may be near, and our salvation nigh... and also be encouraged to spread the gospel.

I dont care what the markets do... my hope and faith is on the Rock... and 100 years from now, one way or another... I'll be with Him, living in paradise. And 100 years is a rather short period of time.

Krispy

2008/10/6 13:29

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
One reason Germany embraced Hitler in the 1930's is because he led them out of the economic nightmare they were experiencing and re-established national pride... even tho he spelled out in his book what he believed and what he wanted to do.

In order for the world to embrace the anti-Christ we must go thru an economic nightmare. Is this whats happening now? Only time will tell, but we as believers should look at this and rejoice that the end may be near, and our salvation nigh... and also be encouraged to spread the gospel.

I dont care what the markets do... my hope and faith is on the Rock... and 100 years from now, one way or another... I'll be with Him, living in paradise. And 100 years is a rather short period of time.

Krispy

Amen, Krispy you just spoke exactly what's been in my heart! Amen, Amen, Amen!

This is not a curse it's a blessing. Make God strip us of everything that is not built on the rock Jesus!

2008/10/6 13:34
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re:

I agree krispy. two verses of the bible about antichirst comes to mind when I think of these things.

Daniel 8:24-25
And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.

25And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

what really sticks out to me is that it says not by the actions of war will he destroy many at his appearing( However we do know that he does destroy people physically by War I do not deny that) but he will destroy the souls of men with (Peace) I looked this word up in my lexicon and it is this word below.

shalvah: which means
quietness, ease, prosperity

What is the world yearning for? Well the world is yearning for, quietness from war and terror, ease from the hardships of life and Prosperity in the their bank accounts. and it will be primarly by this weapon that antichrist will lauch his war for souls.

2008/10/6 14:00Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Dow plummets 700 points as investor fears about global economy escalate.

2008/10/6 14:37Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Hey Krispy,

To add to your point about Hitler, Germany wasn't the only one. America also was on the brink. At one point there was a movie made during the Great Depression called "Gabriel Over the White House." The subject of the movie was our country's need for a strong dictator to lead us out of the depression.

The coming economic crisis could possibly set the stage for the appearance of the anti-christ.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Over_the_White_House]Gabriel Over the White House[/url]

2008/10/6 15:02Profile

Re:

Not that I hold everything that others say is true and nor do I know this prophet though it does appear it lines up with what David Wilkerson said in some ways, he mentioned two black Mondays. But we should be prepared whenever it comes.

Harold Eatmon prophesied that he saw TWO BLACK MONDAYS:

"Harold Eatmon ...I saw the Stock Market soar and then crash. After the [first] crash, many big business corporations and private parties bought up stocks because of the low cost to buy in. Then I saw the market begin to climb again in a short period of time. Then it crashed again bringing tremendous loss, ruin, and devastation to all who bought in the first time. [b]This is what I have labeled "Two Black Mondays." The time period between the Two Black Mondays was very close together. I could not tell exactly how close. It could be a couple of days to a couple of months. [/b]There are some tell-tale signs indicating the season and the setting. *I saw the season to be when 'the leaves fall to the ground' then the first crash would occur. *I also saw the Yen fall dramatically just before this sudden and inexplicable crash."

2008/10/6 15:06
JoanM

Re:

The opportunity (privilege) to gather with so many believers seeking the presence of God in Atlanta and Greenock may not be so open in the future. Past time to abandon all our back-up plans of all sorts.

My portion of the Psalms today was 129-131. 1000 children humbling themselves before our Father.

2008/10/6 15:28Profile

Re:

[b]NOTE:[/b]

Quote:
After the [first] crash, many big business corporations and private parties bought up stocks because of the low cost to buy in. Then I saw the market begin to climb again in a short period of time. Then it crashed again bringing tremendous loss, ruin, and devastation to all who bought in the first time.

[b]Is this what he was taking about?[/b]

The Best Stocks to Buy Now

By Brett Arends, The Wall Street Journal
Last update: 9:35 p.m. EDT Sept. 18, 2008

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/best-stocks-buy-now/story.aspx?guid={7E0F47A5-B507-437D-AD12-BA06A2AC4B2D}

Dow comes back big

The third-highest point gain ever for the blue-chip measure comes on bets that a bailout plan can get passed.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/30/markets/markets_newyork/index.htm?postversion=2008093014

If this is a true prophetic word the first part it appears has already come to pass according to these articles I posted, that is if it is a true prophetic word.

I pay attention to prophets even though I know some do not like to hear it. It's worth keeping an eye on.

2008/10/6 15:29

Re:

It's interesting that the secular pundits and talking heads are completely negative about our economic condition, most of whom are in the tank for one particular candidate... and it serves this candidate well for the economy to be bad until election day.

Yet there is one economic expert who is very positive about the future of the stock market and our economy in general... and that is Dave Ramsey, who is a born again Christian.

I just find this observation to be interesting... secular (godless) talking heads who want someone in particular to be elected are negative about our future... yet Christian economic expert is very positive about it...

Who has an agenda to push? Who has an interest in seeing things be bad right now?

Whats ruining our economy at this point is consumer confidence. Consumer confidence is influenced by the secular (godless) media. The secular (godless) media has shown they have an agenda...

Dont get fooled by all of this...

Krispy

2008/10/6 16:13

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy