SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : ADULTERY - Repent, or You Will Never Be Forgiven

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
bibleschool

Global, Europe

ADULTERY - Repent, or You Will Never Be Forgiven

Adultery is a sin which leads to hell. It is my duty as a minister to warn you, so that your blood will not be on my hands.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Hebrews 13:4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

SHALL NOT INHERIT the kingdom of God - GOD WILL JUDGE

What does that mean? If you do not inherit the kingdom of God, does it mean you will be in a state of limbo? No, there are only two places to go. Either in the Kingdom of God, or in the caverns of hell. GOD WILL JUDGE - Anyone who comes under the judgment of God is sent to hell, because ALL HAVE SINNED. So - you need mercy, not judgment. And you won’t get mercy if you are an adulterer. Mercy and Judgment are opposites. If you have one, you cannot have the other.

Now WHAT is Marriage, so that such a breakdown causes a person to be sent to hell? Is it in the power of a priest or a pastor to declare "Man and Wife", therefore determine whether one is sent to hell or heaven? No. Or can a Government Officer in the case of Civil Marriage be vested with such eternal powers? Never.

Marriage is a PHYSICAL ACT of taking the VIRGINITY of a woman, then she becomes your wife. How many of you are “married” by a priest (or in the Registry Office) to a woman who is not a virgin? Then your “marriage” is null and void. It has got nothing to do with being Born Again, or being a new creation. A woman is still your wife, irrespective of the new birth. TO PROVE THIS look at

1 Corinthians 7:12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

16 For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

So we see that a person is still married, even if he then becomes a new believer! He is still married if he is an “Unbeliever”! You are still married to the woman you took virginity from, even if “you were not saved” at the time.

MERCY AVAILABLE ONLY ON REPENTANCE

In the text we see “ADULTERERS, GOD WILL JUDGE” we are to understand it means a PERSISTENT Adulterer. Many have committed adultery, but no longer. These can have mercy. The Judgment of God only extends to those who persist in it, and do not give it up.

2008/10/1 11:43Profile

Re: ADULTERY - Repent, or You Will Never Be Forgiven

Quote:
You are still married to the woman you took virginity from, even if “you were not saved” at the time.

The last sentence of your post was correct in which you said: "[i]The Judgment of God only extends to those who persist in it, and do not give it up.[/i]"

However, I have a problem with the quote at the top of my post. First of all, you're suggesting that if all that happened... and then someone becomes born again, they are still bound by that sin? No. One can not be born again unless they have repented of their sins, it's part and parcel. There need not be some seperate cleansing of this sin alone.

And secondly, you're making a real stretch when you say marriage is the taking of the womans virginity. If that were the case then Noah was married to his daughters.

Taking the virginity of a woman (or man) outside of marriage is called [b]fornication[/b], not adultry. Thats why scripture makes a distinction.

Bibleschool... you need to learn a little more. :-) The scriptures you presented as "proof" do not proove your points. Those scriptures are about divorce and remarriage, and have nothing to do with premarital sex.

Anyone who persists in either sin will not inherit the Kingdom of God. But I can not allow you to handle scripture as loosely as you did here. Not trying to offend, just trying to reprove.

Quote:
Marriage is a PHYSICAL ACT of taking the VIRGINITY of a woman, then she becomes your wife. How many of you are “married” by a priest (or in the Registry Office) to a woman who is not a virgin? Then your “marriage” is null and void.

Really?? Then how do you explain God telling Hosea: "[i]Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms[/i]" In God's eyes Hosea was married to a woman who was not a virgin... and in fact was a prostitute, and an unrepentent one at that. But God commanded him to [b]marry[/b] her.

Krispy

2008/10/1 12:53
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

This is a man-made religiousity, made up by man to help combat fornication, nothing more.

This smells of Catholicism all over it.

2008/10/1 13:17Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

This issue is spoken of in this sermon:

[b]Watershed of the Evangelical World by Francis Schaefer[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=17300&commentView=itemComments

2008/10/1 13:21Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Krispy wrote:

Quote:
If that were the case then Noah was married to his daughters.

Mind explaining this? I never heard this concept before.

Thanks!
ginnyrose

2008/10/1 17:24Profile
bible1985

Re:

I think it is possible for a born again believer to commit adultery and i'm sure everyone has done it in their heart already. But i don't know any born again believer who would not repent of it sooner or later unless they didn't have the holy spirit. Your assuming that someone would continue in it. Why does hell and heaven depend on our actions over what christ has done and us submitting to that truth completely. Jesus's death was not for part of our sins but for all of them. But the truth is that a born again believer will repent even if it takes a mighty hand of God to do so. Even let satan torture the person physically until they repent. A righteous man call fall 7 times and will get back up every time. A wicked person will continue in it. Don't underestimate the power of the conviction of the holy spirit and the chastizing of our lord, he will bring his child back somehow, if not he will bring him home. Adultery is a terrible offense and lusting is too. But our Lord will finish the good work he began in you, this is not the old testament where the the holy spirit didn't abide in the humans, and they fell away off into their own persistent will. But now Gods law shall be written in their hearts through his son Jesus Christ and he will make them obedient to him through his spirit.

2008/10/1 19:21Profile
dohzman

Re:

I think Krispy was talking about Lots daughters possibly?(incest?)And made a typo error???????

2008/10/1 19:25Profile

Re:

My bad... how embarrassing! Oh boy! lol...

Hey, listen, when I teach I gaff all the time. My wife is right there afterwards to point them all out for me!!

My face is red.

Somehow I think I got mixed up in my mind about Noah getting drunk and his son seeing his "nakedness", and the story about Lott.

Sorry folks!

Krispy

2008/10/2 8:26
bible1985

Re:

no problem, we love you still.

2008/10/2 21:49Profile
bibleschool

Global, Europe

Re:

Marriage is a PHYSICAL ACT of taking the VIRGINITY of a woman, then she becomes your wife. This is what is meant by “God making the two into one flesh” (Matthew 19:5). It is NOT by taking a mere ”vow”, it is by a PHYSICAL ACT. How many of you are “married” by a priest (or in the Registry Office) by taking a vow, to a woman who is not a virgin? Then your “marriage” is null and void. Four points to note:

1. VIRGINITY respects a Woman, not a man. We never hear of the Virgin Joseph. Only the Virgin Mary.

2. Marriage is FOUNDED ON VIRGINITY. Several Scriptures IN THE KING JAMES BIBLE prove this, both in the Old Testament (Exodus 22:16 and Deuteronomy 22:28-29), and the New Testament (1 Corinthians Chapter 7, read verses 28, 34 and 36).

3. Divorce is tantamount to Adultery. Jesus Christ himself teaches this (Matt. 5:32 - Matt. 19:3-9 - Luke. 16:18 - Mark. 10:2-12)

4. It has got nothing to do with being Born Again, or being a new creation. A woman is still your wife, irrespective of the new birth.

etc.. etc...

2008/10/3 4:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy