SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Should we make friends with people before spreading the Gospel?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
davywaiganjo

Kenya

Re: Should we make friends with people before spreading the Gospel?

I belive that nobody in this world has got the power to save,other than Christ Himself,i also believe that christianity is a lifestyle,and the way we live our daily lives matters alot,we are just like the Donkey that carried Jesus to Jerusalem,it was just obeying the will of its master,when Jesus comes into your life,He will affect the way you Talk,Think...Live,since its no longer you that live but Him in you.
About the Agency of the situation i would say that if it was you,the Lord wanted to use to lead the person to salvation,He will provide an oppotunity to do so,but we should pray always,for them and for His will to be done.as a closing point i repeat,nobody has the ability to save,its not your effort,but His power.Jesus was and still is a friend to all.We should be like Him,we are not becoming friends to save them since we cant,but every day they meet us,they meet Jesus who is in us.Also remember not everyone who saw Jesus in Bibilical times got Transformed.

2008/10/1 5:49Profile

Re:

Does an evangelist make friends with everyone before he preaches? No...

There are so many ways to lead people to the Lord. Preaching the Word in season and out is one way, and it doesnt require one to make friends with the lost.

Yet, every one of us knows people in our lives who are not saved... friends and relatives, co-workers or fellow students. In those cases it is better to cultivate a relationship with them. However, if you're living as you should be, as the relationship develops that person will know your faith already.

Krispy

2008/10/1 7:18
davywaiganjo

Kenya

Re:

live your christian life,Christ will draw the lost into the flock through your life.Question,The way you are living today,can Christ use you as an instrument for His Work?are you driving them away or drawing them near.The evangelist does not start preaching when he steps in the pulpit,neither does he stop when he steps out....its continous,its a life.How he spends his daily life matters alot.Have friends who are not saved,but let the way you live with them,point to Christ.Example(Its like when you go fishing,be where the fish are,study their migratory routes,but dont become a fish)

2008/10/1 10:52Profile
bible1985

Re:

Thanks for all the replies. The way to evangelize and walk in the light goes together. I believe in spreading to at the right time. Only God can save but without a preacher they don't know the truth so somebody needs to tell them

2008/10/1 15:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy