SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : my opinion on christians voting

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
reformer

Re: a thought

2 Tim 2:4 No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of every day life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier.

Would voting be tangling yourself with the affairs of this world?

2008/9/26 21:25Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

I've heard the same talk concerning God judging or blessing those believers that do or don't vote, ect. Is there biblical support for those claims? I know that there is general "blessings" that may come with a more conservative candidate, but is there biblical support for a personal blessing on those that vote? We may want to remember that those believers that choose to vote are (or shouldn't be) not putting all their trust in a fallen political system, we trust God first and foremost, and believe that Jesus Christ is the only transforming power in a society-through the church. With that being said, I don't think though that trying to stop murder through voting is wrong. Would you?

2008/9/26 21:54Profile
bible1985

Re:

I was upset hearing this man on the radio telling us that we will be being judged by God for not voting. Maybe i think that neither our what i would want out of president so i don't want to vote because i don't see them making a difference. Many of the moral issues by presidents our usually left out. For me my concern is like on why is alcohol allowed to be sold the way it is. People can walk into jewel and buy as much as they want. You can go into a bar and get whatever you want. They sell cigarattes and tobacco even though it kills people every year and that it causes cancer. Look at the entertainment they have on t.v, Sex and the City, MTV, even sports can become to rule this world at times, look at the music today, video games, whos handling the money in this world. Decietful people that is who. The world needs to change morally before it changes economically. The only way to morally change if peoples hearts our changed. The only way for your heart to be changed is if people have christ. He is the one who changes our hearts. Mcccain and Obama need to focus on more than just homosexuality and abortion but what about all of this terrible things our kids our getting filled with on t.v and in school or the radio. Things our not going to get better because their always focusing on other things and leaving out human moral problems. I do like the fact that sarah palin could help things out their but i don't see happening even if mccain is chosen.

2008/9/26 23:59Profile
preacherafla

Michigan, USA

Re:

Well, I hear people frequently say they will choose the lesser of two evils. The problem with that is that it is still a vote for evil them. There is a third party -- the constitutional party with Chuck Baldwin whose platform is biblical and cares for national sovereignty.

2008/9/27 1:34Profile
Dawn10379

Re:

Krispy,

Hi =0) I was just wondering where you get your information about Palin. I don't know a whole lot about her but I have seen you post about her before and am just wondering if you could point me to some of the sources you have. I have never voted before and once I became a Christian my understanding was that women should not vote so I haven't. It was never a personal conviction so this year I have really thought hard about whether or not I can go ahead and vote. I want to spend some time in prayer about it too but if I do decided to vote, I want to know why I am voting for the side I am voting for so any info you have I would really appreciate. I have really struggled with the whole "lesser of two evils" thing and I just keep going back and forth in my head about it... anyway, maybe you can point me in the right direction...thanks!

Dawn

2008/9/27 2:14Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Entangled

Quote:
2 Tim 2:4 No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of every day life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier.

One of the constant reminders that is applicable to these things here and to my own mind, this verse, the key word - [i]entangle[/i].

[b]Entangle
ENTAN'GLE, v.t.[/b] [from tangle.] To twist or interweave in such a manner as not to be easily separated; to make confused or disordered; as, thread, yarn or ropes may be entangled; to entangle the hair.

1. To involve in any thing complicated, and from which it is difficult to extricate one's self; as, to entangle the feet in a net, or in briers.

2. To lose in numerous or complicated involutions, as in a labyrinth.

3. To involve in difficulties; to perplex; to embarrass; as, to entangle a nation in alliances.

4. To puzzle; to bewilder; as, to entangle the understanding.

5. To insnare by captious questions; to catch; to perplex; to involve in contradictions.

The Pharisees took counsel how they might entangle him in his talk. Mat 22.

6. To perplex or distract, as with cares.

No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life. 2 Tim 2.

7. To multiply intricacies and difficulties.

I would remind us of the tightrope we walk in these disucssions;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=14144&forum=13&post_id=&refresh=Go]MUST READ: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer / Community Rules[/url]

At some point we will have to apply the same principle, dervied from the greater context as;

Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

2008/9/27 10:18Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Each and every election, I find one of my friends and/or family members to vote for.

This year, on the off chance that 20,000 people vote for him, I am voting for my father-in-law for county coroner (no offense brother P. West). Seriously, pick someone you know for a position instead of jusy voting for a party.

My opinion at least.

2008/9/28 0:02Profile
bible1985

Re:

Did not read that part about no politics. I usually do not talk about them, but felt compelled to. Sorry.

2008/9/28 1:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy