Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : God, our Refiner

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lor_E

Montana USA

God, our Refiner

[i]Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.[/i] Psalm 26:2

Examine me, not simply as a lawyer who questions the intents and seeks to find his own end in the response.
Rather, test me, see if I have within the depths of who I am, the proper material, that which can only come from you. Is this mine that I am digging in rich with any ore? Or is it mixed among the rock? Can you find any gold? or is it simply some common metal thats seeks to add a little strength?

O God of every hidden way; the deepest and most private thoughts: assay the source of who I am! Test the ore, and teach me regarding what it is made of. Search amidst the rubble, test every quality, check the substance of the deep, and see if there is any reflection of the precious substance of who You are.

Then take every thought that directs my way- that pulls at my heart and turns me towards the direction of its will, and train me in the way I should go.

Refine every bit of ore You may find, melt me, cleanse me, purify every substanative piece and refine them with the fire of Your holiness.

Pull away the dross that causes me to stumble in the way; those things that bring futile emotions to worry my faith, and vain imaginations that waste my time and often lead me down a loathsome path. Even every faulty self perception that leaves me groveling in the mud, or trying to leap from the mountain top, every deceptive thought.

Lord, purify me from even slightly being satisfied with this clay that seeks to mix with the metal: the works and ideas of my own heart that weaken the purity of that which comes from You alone .

[i]When You said, 'Seek My face', my heart said unto You, 'Thy face, LORD, will I seek.'[/i]

Anonymous

2008/9/22 13:02Profile
HeartSong

Re: God, our Refiner

Amen.

2008/9/22 13:07Profile
SonofMan

Re: God, our Refiner

This is an awesome prayer. God is truly a consuming and refining fire, refining and purifying His children and consuming the wicked. :-)

2008/9/22 16:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy